Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-21-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome_Rob
What firmware do you have?
How are you enjoying it?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: 535
Default 03-22-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
How are you enjoying it?
Im enjoying it very much. I hope to get some more logging done this weekend. How much potential is left with the tuning? Will I be able to extinguish CELs when I install an exhaust?
(#53)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-25-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Im enjoying it very much. I hope to get some more logging done this weekend. How much potential is left with the tuning? Will I be able to extinguish CELs when I install an exhaust?
We will be getting one on the dyno soon for you guys

The CEL will remain on if using illegal exhausts.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Default 03-26-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
We will be getting one on the dyno soon for you guys

The CEL will remain on if using illegal exhausts.
I would never do that! But, track days...
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2019, 05:43 PM

Was able to do some Alfa dyno work today. Will post charts and info shortly.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2019, 05:56 PM

Spent some time on the dyno today with a JB4 tuned Alfa Romeo Giulia. Test car is all stock rwd with pump fuel.

Best run stock was 260whp/316wtq, JB4 map1 284whp/354wtq, and JB4 map2 285whp/366wtq.

Really solid gains overall at around 4-5psi over stock on the JB4. The limiting factor up top was turbo size/restrictions as expected but power gained under the curve is impressive. In areas over 30whp and 50wtq gained. Car is a rocket for a 2L!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-27-2019, 06:08 PM

Wow, look at the area under the graph! Now that's what I'm talking about

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 Q4
Default 03-28-2019, 07:55 AM

Terry - I mentioned this in the other forums, but I still am having trouble wrapping my head around the amount of boost that was seen on the dyno runs.

Looking at all of my WOT runs in dynamic mode, it looks like I'm only getting ~19-20psi stock/mode 0 (or from ecu on Map 1/2) and the 0-60 run I posted a week ago it was only around 16psi at the ecu and 20-21psi with map 2.

I'm just wondering if the ecu target is changing with what gear is selected (as in a torque limiter) or whatelse is making the ecu happy or unhappy... Temps, fuel trims, knock sensor... unicorn farts???
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 10:01 AM

It's load based so there will be a lot of variance based on conditions.

Keep your logs rolling in in to this thread and I'll use those to evaluate the differences.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 11:16 AM

Here is a log I had from my car on Map 0 (stock) after driving around for a week or so. I compared it to some obdlink data I had before I got the JB4 and it seemed to match up rather well.

I'm off by like 5 psi from the stock dyno run. Not sure how you can get anymore load then a brake torqued launch?

But if I can get close to that 30psi....
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-26 16_26_44_Map-0.csv (9.8 KB, 128 views)
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 11:32 AM

This run is mostly higher rpm.. Start in say 5th gear at low RPM (avoid kick down) to get a similar sweep to what we have on the dyno log.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 11:33 AM

Added v3 firmware to first post. Minor change on map1/map2, and minor change to intake air temp parameter which I'm still trying to get accurately logging.

Could use a cold start log on the v3 firmware to see how car off it is when cold.

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 11:36 AM

FWIW I also notice handsome rob's logs look similar to mine
(#64)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 01:54 PM

V3 Cold start up and warm up attached
V3 Map1 5th gear pull attached
V3 Map1 3rd gear pull attached

I'm still only seeing ~20 psi from the ecu
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 16_15_54_Map-1.csv (439.1 KB, 153 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 16_27_49_Map-1.csv (17.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 16_33_21_Map-1.csv (12.7 KB, 122 views)
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 02:40 PM

Thanks. What is ambient temp?

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 03:42 PM

The dash was reading 58 degF... My weather app was about 52deg F
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 04:13 PM

OK perfect thanks. Looks like we're off around 10 degrees on the IAT still. I'll work on that.

On boost it looks as expected for the colder IAT, remember boost is load based from the factory.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 04:13 PM

V3 Cold start up. Ambient 73F.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 18_09_31 Map-2.csv (116.4 KB, 136 views)
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
V3 Cold start up. Ambient 73F.
Thx

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Default 03-31-2019, 05:47 AM

V3, Map2. 66F. Short shifted to third and still got a PB 0-60 time. The second map was a 40-90 in 5th gear.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-30 09_15_14 Map-2.csv (6.1 KB, 122 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-30 09_16_12 Map-2.csv (9.7 KB, 156 views)
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-31-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
V3, Map2. 66F. Short shifted to third and still got a PB 0-60 time. The second map was a 40-90 in 5th gear.
Looks pretty normal to me. These cars definitely could use an intercooler upgrade.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 03-31-2019, 10:13 AM

It's almost like you guys know what you're doing...

I think it could be a while before one of those becomes available; unless I've missed something...
(#73)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-31-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
It's almost like you guys know what you're doing...

I think it could be a while before one of those becomes available; unless I've missed something...
Intercoolers for this will be a bit difficult. Methanol kit would probably be best.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Default 03-31-2019, 11:29 AM

Got mine installed and loving it so far. It was rainy out and ambient temperature was about 55-58 according to car and 54 degrees according to weather app. It was also very humid. Didn't get alot of open space , the merrit parkway was occasionally slowed down. But got A cold start idle log, N mode drive normal throttle, and some manual mode pulls in 4,5,6 gear with decent throttle.
Attached Files
File Type: csv cold start-2019-03-31 12_49_57_Map-2.csv (79.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: csv normal driving in N mode 2019-03-31 13_29_41_Map-2.csv (105.2 KB, 150 views)
File Type: csv D mode pulls 2019-03-31 13_31_16_Map-2.csv (18.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-31 13_41_00_Map-2.csv (74.8 KB, 184 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-31 13_43_32_Map-2.csv (54.6 KB, 149 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-31 13_46_02_Map-2.csv (34.3 KB, 125 views)
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-31-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech
Got mine installed and loving it so far. It was rainy out and ambient temperature was about 55-58 according to car and 54 degrees according to weather app. It was also very humid. Didn't get alot of open space , the merrit parkway was occasionally slowed down. But got A cold start idle log, N mode drive normal throttle, and some manual mode pulls in 4,5,6 gear with decent throttle.
Looks normal to me, thanks!

Burger Motorsports