N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335Ci
Default 02-16-2015, 03:43 AM

Hi Terry, donīt forget about us with JB4 Stage 2 and with P3Gauge connected to OBD II
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel
Hi Terry, donīt forget about us with JB4 Stage 2 and with P3Gauge connected to OBD II
Yes, that does cause CANbus problems. The P3 takes up some of the bandwidth the JB4 would be using. So instead of taking in 10 samples/second it only gets 5 samples/second. Jason has a P3 gauge in his 435 so we have lots of first hand experience with it. Trying to work with Rick @ P3, an old friend, to improve that situation is also on my to-do list.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 335Ci
Default 02-16-2015, 01:01 PM

Thanks
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2015, 08:59 PM

Hey guys,

I found some commands for the LED lights on the F80. Turning on and off the DRLs, etc. What sort of coding are you guys doing these days for lighting on the platform?

Also any interest in having the module open the windows if you hold down the remote, flash a light in the car to simulate an alarm, or stuff like that, one might normally do via coding?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2015, 09:59 PM

Worked up some sample code to turn the F80 LED HALOs on max brightness at night vs. their normal dimmer setting. I have to admit it looks pretty trick. Some teasers.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-20-2015, 03:01 AM

It works great. It's actually a huge difference. Love it.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#32)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 02-20-2015, 04:23 AM

Is there a way to do this with the JB4 ?! please it will make huge difference with my car

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2015, 08:36 AM

Not currently. The JB4 is on the PTCAN and to work this stuff has to be on a different CANbus. Down the road I'm going to work on finding a way to relocate the JB4 to the interior CANbus to enable these sorts of features. But it's tricky because the sample rate for engine data will be slower.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Car: F83
Default 02-20-2015, 08:49 AM

That boost/fuel guage is pure awesome, love how it defaults back to fuel and retains that functionality a dead fuel guage everytime you stop looks silly to anyone else, props on that logic.

I definitely would like to help test/buy one of these with v2 firmware on it.
Can you hook me up Terry?

Some things I cannot accomplish via coding on my F83:
-3 yellow led side marker delete (inside the headlight unit only visible from profile)

-Fold mirrors on lock with remote (works by using comfort close, putting your finger on the 3 bars in the door handle) but doesnt work over fob

-Disable the car putting itself into neutral with the door open & seat belt off (both conditions are required) but then it puts itself into neutral and gives a warning about securing the vehicle from rolling, then also refuses to let the car be secured or go into KL15OFF. It will sit on playing music all night if you don't walk up to the car and push the start/stop button. Kind of ridiculous. The factory behavior when pushing lock on the remote is to actually have the car honk at you twice. Even more ridiculous if you ask me. The honking at me--which made me want to kick my own car-- I disabled via coding, but it still wont go into park or be allow you to secure via remote until the start stop button is pushed (activating the parking brake) then it behaves normally again. I can't understand why they wouldnt make pushing secure on the fob when its in neutral do the exact same thing as physically pushing the start/stop button and activate the park brake and secure the vehicle.

currently my only solution is to get another seat belt (passengers) buckle and leave it plugged in... which fixes half of the problem, the car shifting itself into neutral, thus avoiding the second problem.
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2015, 09:06 AM

Just grab one along with a BMS USB cable and I can email you the test firmware.

I'm not sure if we can technically do any of those things but I'll keep them in mind!

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: F83
Default 02-20-2015, 10:15 AM

by usb cable you mean this?

http://www.burgertuning.com/USB_Cable_Extension.html

and a standard usb -> serial com port adapter wont work?

Can it be flashed via odb dcann+usb cable?
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2015, 11:08 AM

The $35 BMS USB cable in your link is the only method for updating it.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 02-20-2015, 05:09 PM

Terry, any difference regarding disabling Active Sound on the F30/F32 than the M3/4? I understand that 2014+ F-Series also have Active Sound although not as noticeable as the Ms.

Thanks
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2015, 06:49 PM

I wasn't actually aware they had it. I'll poke around in our 435 next week and determine that.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 335i E90 MT
Default 02-21-2015, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The $35 BMS USB cable in your link is the only method for updating it.
Hey Terry, I still have a BMS CAN tool for the R56 mini that was since discontinued. Is there an upgrade path so that I can use it for my new M3? For example if I buy your USB cable, can I then upload the F8x firmware on that box?
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd
Hey Terry, I still have a BMS CAN tool for the R56 mini that was since discontinued. Is there an upgrade path so that I can use it for my new M3? For example if I buy your USB cable, can I then upload the F8x firmware on that box?
No, it's fundamentally different, so you can't update it at home. It has to be flashed and a minor change made to the circuit board. We can update old systems for $100 + return shipping though. Just send in the box without the OBDII cable.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2015, 03:05 PM

Anyone out there ready to help test the new features & firmware?

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 335i Sport Line
Default 02-22-2015, 08:31 AM

I have a ******** installed can this module auto clear the CEL just like JB4?
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfardan
I have a ******** installed can this module auto clear the CEL just like JB4?
There is a code delete function but keep in mind removing emissions equipment is not legal unless you're talking about a competition race car used only in competitive events. Deleting the codes will NOT set readiness or anything like that.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: 2015 mineral gray m4
Default 02-23-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Anyone out there ready to help test the new features & firmware?
Ive been waiting for this! Does the new firmware include the angel eye mod? anyways send me the update, ill be glad to test run it and report back!
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2015, 03:12 PM

Yes! Email me and I can shoot it over.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 02-23-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Awesome! not sure what your email is but mines mbaig@gwu.edu.

Is it a simple process to update, i have the cord all ready to go
(#48)
Old

Default 02-23-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Let me know when you send it over so I can confirm i got it! thankss
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2015, 10:07 PM

Firmware sent!

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 02-24-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Firmware sent!
Terry! ran into a big problem, i tried update this thing via jb4 software and once i connected to com3 (correct port for me) and clicked update firmware and loaded the hex, i got an error saying "unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you quit the application will close" i clicked continue and it just stayed at loaded hex forever. so i clicked disconnect and now it wont connect anymore saying failedcom3, even tho that the right port. the module not working at all anymore what am i suppose to do??