N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#376)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 08-22-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX.R32
Had a very bizarre experience a few weeks ago. Was driving up the highway at "freeway" speeds, I mellowed out for a few miles and when I went to punch it again it felt like my turbos weren't even boosting. I was going about 70 and it took about 15 seconds to get to 90. No CEL; no rough idling... nothing. I turned off the car for about an hour and came back and it ran like there was nothing wrong with it. Map 2. Didn't get a log. But figured I'd keep you in the loop.
Sounds like the Low Boost issue. Ive had this happen to me before a few times, Turning the car off/on a few times clears it up.
(#377)
Old

Car: Maserati ghibli
Default 08-26-2020, 09:42 PM

So I’ve been having an issues the last few days. Car has absolutely turned into mashed potatoes. I’m assuming no boost but also struggling with shifting. I’ve been running map 5 on version 1 firmware with 5.5 gallons of e85 and 91 pump for about 6 months now. Car has been running great with the very rare occasional hiccup. I went ahead and updated to version 3 firmware and kept same fuel ratio and same map. Car felt great for about a week. Now it’s struggling to shift. Jerking with higher acceleration and has absolutely no power. I feel like it’s lost 75% of the power under the hood. This seems to be much much worst on map 5. I went down to map 2 and still very bad. Had the check engine light come on under acceleration on map 2 code 0299. Ran that gas tank to empty and filled 91 octane only and put it to map 0 which from my understanding disables the tune. Not getting as much of the jerking (still some) but absolutely no power. What do you suggest? Car only has 24000 miles
(#378)
Old

Default 08-27-2020, 06:59 AM

The 0299 code is a low boost code, its why you feel there is no power. That said the low boost condition does not always result in a CEL or a code in my experience. Try raising the boost safety in the settings of the JB4.

Run a tank on 91 pump Map 0 for a few days and see if you still experience any of the issues. If you have been running it hard using the E85 blend it might be worth checking your plugs.
(#379)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2020, 11:06 AM

Boost leak? JB4 log may shed more light on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#380)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli
Default 08-28-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Does it appear on map0?
Hi Terry, yes is does it on map 0 as well so I just said screw it and have been driving in map 5 because it feels gutless back to stock now. It seems others are having this same issue, might not even be jb4 related just our cars - thanks for the support I appreciate it
(#381)
Old

Default 08-31-2020, 07:36 AM

@Terry do you guys have a Ghibli to do further development on? Curious if there is any timeline for activating the fuel management wires.
(#382)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-31-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
@Terry do you guys have a Ghibli to do further development on? Curious if there is any timeline for activating the fuel management wires.
We do, but it's just been slowed down cause of California. Now that things are slowly getting back to normal, I think we should be moving forward with some development releases soon!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#383)
Old

Default 08-31-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
We do, but it's just been slowed down cause of California. Now that things are slowly getting back to normal, I think we should be moving forward with some development releases soon!
Cool, I have a new daily, so the Ghibli is just sitting around most of the time. Let me know how i can help!
(#384)
Old

Car: 2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 09-30-2020, 06:36 PM

Please have a look at the attached logs. Couple short runs. Sport mode, pump 93, MAP 3, temps around 55 degrees. Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M3_R3_200930_1825.csv (56.2 KB, 24 views)
(#385)
Old

Car: Maserati ghibli sq4, Masersti Quattroporte gts
Default 10-07-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee615
Please have a look at the attached logs. Couple short runs. Sport mode, pump 93, MAP 3, temps around 55 degrees. Thanks!!
Saw your log, couple things, JB4 is doing its thing so ur feeling the difference, but I noticed your car never ordered 15+psi in any stage so u never even in any point hit that 409 hp in first place, jb4 took it to atleast factory 409, u can post more logs. I cam see if ur car ever asked for 15 psi , if it never ask then ur car is factory de tuned like that.and that is slow
(#386)
Old

Smile Maserati Ghibli sq4 missfire SOLVED! Permanent - 10-07-2020, 09:23 AM

Detailed explanation, when anyone ask.
(#387)
Old

Default 10-07-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur Maserati engine helper
Saw your log, couple things, JB4 is doing its thing so ur feeling the difference, but I noticed your car never ordered 15+psi in any stage so u never even in any point hit that 409 hp in first place, jb4 took it to atleast factory 409, u can post more logs. I cam see if ur car ever asked for 15 psi , if it never ask then ur car is factory de tuned like that.and that is slow
That's interesting because I'm consistently seeing 18-19 lbs boost on my gauge.
(#388)
Old

Default 10-07-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
That's interesting because I'm consistently seeing 18-19 lbs boost on my gauge.
You need to select boost guage 2, and on ur logs, I scrolled all the way down I donít see it,
But as long as ur happy, thatís all that matters
(#389)
Old

Car: Maserati
Default 10-09-2020, 02:41 PM

Can someone from burgertuning please contact me, just installed a used unit and can’t even use it because of an error - (kit not owned)
Would hate not to be able to use this after mashing my fingers up getting it installed hahaha
(#390)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2020, 05:22 PM

Follow directions in message on how to unlock the account on used units.

Burger Motorsports

(#391)
Old

Default 10-12-2020, 09:32 AM

Can someone from BMS provide a list with descriptions of the PIDs contained in the JB4 Connect gauge listing? Some are obvious but some aren't.
(#392)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2020, 02:47 PM

Those that are active are similar to the Kia list here: JB4 Logging Parameters - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#393)
Old

Default Log review - 10-19-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Map0: Fully disable JB4
Map1: 4psi peak over stock
Map2: 5psi peak over stock
Map4: Stock map with JB4 CANbus active for logging
Map5: 6psi peak over stock
Map6: User adjustable by RPM map on user adjustment page, values are peak boost over stock by RPM under heavy throttle.
Hey Payam

Can you review these 2 logs I took yesterday. MAP 3, 93 octane, 50 degree temps. Boost looks a bit low to me.

Thanks, Chris
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M3_R9_201018_0922.csv (74.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv P51_M3_R4_201011_1358.csv (15.2 KB, 15 views)
(#394)
Old

Default 10-19-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Hey Payam

Can you review these 2 logs I took yesterday. MAP 3, 93 octane, 50 degree temps. Boost looks a bit low to me.

Thanks, Chris
Totally normal, power is still same, temperature is very low where u live so less boost but still more power. Ecu see low outside temps air is very dense less boost needed for same amount of power output.
(#395)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli
Default 10-20-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_H
Hi Terry, yes is does it on map 0 as well so I just said screw it and have been driving in map 5 because it feels gutless back to stock now. It seems others are having this same issue, might not even be jb4 related just our cars - thanks for the support I appreciate it
Hi Terry, just wanted to let you know I completely removed the jb4 to see if it still does the no boost thing and it still does intermittently with the car completely stock other than a larini turbo back exhaust so I wouldn't say the jb4 is the primary issue, just seems to make it a little worse or more noticeable. And **** is that connector on the back of the manifold a pain in the but, lol! I also changed the plugs at the same time too.

Last edited by Andy_H; 10-20-2020 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Forgot stuff
(#396)
Old

Car: Ghibli SQ4
Default 11-02-2020, 12:44 PM

Came across this thread as I just picked up a 2018 SQ4. Is it safe to attach a JB4 unit or are we still working out the bugs / waiting for some better software releases? Seeing some disturbing items in this thread related to maxing out boost, etc.

Just looking to go a few PSI over stock to pick up some more oomph on 93.
(#397)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2020, 04:55 PM

We've tuned 100s of Ghibli's now with the JB4, works great!

This is a support thread so you'll come across any number of resolved and unresolved support inquiries here.

Burger Motorsports

(#398)
Old

Default 11-05-2020, 07:28 AM

Any 2018+ dyno sheets you can share here or PM me links to?
(#399)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2020, 07:11 PM

We don't have any Ghibli dyno charts published but there should be a few customer dynos floating around.

Burger Motorsports

(#400)
Old

Default 11-08-2020, 08:57 AM

Is this tool able to reset the service / maintenance as well (with the Bluetooth connection?) If not, is that under development ? Would seem like the necessary interface is there and this would be a big value-add vs having to pickup the separate OBDII reset tool off Amazon.