N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-26-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMIN
What's up with the heavy dip in power during the run? Why is his torque curve dropping off so fast?
A few things here.
1. His settings are are different from 1 log to another.
2. I would have started with default hybrid settings which I dont see in either log
3. Tmap setting is correct in 1 log (if he has a 3.5 bar), but not in the 2nd log posted.
4. His dyno is mph, not rpm as you see MOST dyno graphs intersect at 5250 rpms.
5. Terry dyno'd a PS2 HiFlow set up a while back (they are on this site somehwere if you search) and indeed had the same dip but not as bad. IIRC he said it had something to do with Vanos at that point.
Anyway, I am also custom tuned WITH Jb4, so I am not against a custom tune. My point is the Jb4 works, but OP would need to follow basic instructions (for the Jb4) and dial in the car from there. I highly doubt that PS2 DD (same turbos I run) would need that duty bias curve he has set up in his logs. That alone can make a difference in the behavior, torque curve, etc
He also dynod map 7 and map 2. BOTH maps taper down quite a bit on top end. How would you expect it to hold torque at higher rpms if you are decreasing boost ? Is that not expected ? Less boost , less power correct ?
Most people on hybrids run map 6 also default settings posted for all that. Map 6 for hybrids BMS has settings of a ramp in boost all the way to 25psi on top end (increasing boost, not tapering down). Map 7 which OP dynod peaks at 19 and tapers to 16 or so ? Set up DEFAULT setting for hybrids and run map 6 even if he lowers boost due to lpfp but does not taper down as hard and watch the torque hold much higher than a boost curve with a hard taper.
(#27)
Old
Legend

Default 07-26-2020, 11:48 AM

Here we have a Map 3 curve with different add, which is similar to map 7 curve VS. default hybrid setting boost curve.
Aside from the higher boost, just looking at the curve alone, would it not hold more torque and power to redline ?
Attached Images

(#28)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 07-26-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMIN
What's up with the heavy dip in power during the run? Why is his torque curve dropping off so fast?
The car over boost then the boost comes back down.

Like I said this car is not tuned at all and none of the boost setting or anything other setting have been touched Car is run jb4 on map 7 with the off the self back end flash for e85 hybrid turbos.

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
(#29)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 07-26-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
A few things here.
1. His settings are are different from 1 log to another.
2. I would have started with default hybrid settings which I dont see in either log
3. Tmap setting is correct in 1 log (if he has a 3.5 bar), but not in the 2nd log posted.
4. His dyno is mph, not rpm as you see MOST dyno graphs intersect at 5250 rpms.
5. Terry dyno'd a PS2 HiFlow set up a while back (they are on this site somehwere if you search) and indeed had the same dip but not as bad. IIRC he said it had something to do with Vanos at that point.
Anyway, I am also custom tuned WITH Jb4, so I am not against a custom tune. My point is the Jb4 works, but OP would need to follow basic instructions (for the Jb4) and dial in the car from there. I highly doubt that PS2 DD (same turbos I run) would need that duty bias curve he has set up in his logs. That alone can make a difference in the behavior, torque curve, etc
He also dynod map 7 and map 2. BOTH maps taper down quite a bit on top end. How would you expect it to hold torque at higher rpms if you are decreasing boost ? Is that not expected ? Less boost , less power correct ?
Most people on hybrids run map 6 also default settings posted for all that. Map 6 for hybrids BMS has settings of a ramp in boost all the way to 25psi on top end (increasing boost, not tapering down). Map 7 which OP dynod peaks at 19 and tapers to 16 or so ? Set up DEFAULT setting for hybrids and run map 6 even if he lowers boost due to lpfp but does not taper down as hard and watch the torque hold much higher than a boost curve with a hard taper.

Log one is on the dyno. The other lag was a log I did many many months ago on the street when I use to run the 4 bar map sensor. But I now run a 3.5 bar map sensor.

Also I have never touched the duty bias setting or any other setting at all. Like I said the car is running the off the self back end flash for e85 hybrid turbos with no other setting changed or touched.

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
(#30)
Old
Legend

Default 07-26-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
Log one is on the dyno. The other lag was a log I did many many months ago on the street when I use to run the 4 bar map sensor. But I now run a 3.5 bar map sensor.

Also I have never touched the duty bias setting or any other setting at all. Like I said the car is running the off the self back end flash for e85 hybrid turbos with no other setting changed or touched.
Set all default settings for hybrids.