N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default PureStage 2 Log Review - 06-15-2020, 02:12 PM

Hi Folks, looking for some feedback on the attached WOT pulls. Just starting to tune my N54 PureStage 2 setup, with the goal of utilizing map 6 JB4.

Two 2nd gear pulls and one 3rd gear pull in the attached CSV, JB4 Map 2. I have hidden most of the irrelevant rows. Trying to decide if things look healthy enough start cranking up the boost beyond just the JB4 Map 2 + Pump BEF Flash I am currently running. Fueling somewhere between E30 and E40 right now.

Things that stand out to me:
-Please take a look at the 6 cylinder timing. 2nd gear pull has some timing pull in cylinder 3-6.
-Trims tap out at 50 for short period
-Is an average ign of 4.4 high? Seems like it with just 17 lbs boost and E35. I feel like I have seen lots of people with similar setups, and with ign avg of 0-ish.

I have very new spark plugs gaped .21, and compression is pretty good/even. Not sure what to do in order to remedy these few issues. My car has 150k miles on it, so I want to make sure things are looking good before I push anymore power.

Car: N54 2008 135i
PureStage 2 DD
VRSF Silicone Inlets
Jb4 G5 + Pump Gas BEF via MHD
Fuel-it Bucketless Stage 2 LPFP
BMS Catch Can
7" VRSF Intercooler
DCI
VRSF Dwnpip
Attached Files
File Type: csv E30 PureStage 2 Log1.csv (240.9 KB, 39 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-15-2020, 09:34 PM

Plug gap.. 21, or .021? Are these colder plugs?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-16-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Plug gap.. 21, or .021? Are these colder plugs?
Hi Dave, .021 I believe is the correct measurement. They are the step colder NGK, the ones sold by N54 tech for this application.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-16-2020, 11:28 AM

Your log is extremely long.

Can you get me a cleaner log, all the empty cells of just cruising have 0 value for this given need.

3rd gear, 2k-Redline, WOT, traction off. Shift to 4th, end log

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-16-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Your log is extremely long.

Can you get me a cleaner log, all the empty cells of just cruising have 0 value for this given need.

3rd gear, 2k-Redline, WOT, traction off. Shift to 4th, end log
Sorry about that Dave, when I uploaded originally I had the unecessary stuff hidden, guess that didn't translate in the upload.

I have deleted the unnecessary cruising data. Now it shows a 2nd gear pull followed immediately by 3rd gear pull, and then another 2nd gear pull. Hope this is usable, I have hardly any time or space to run additional logs right now unfortunately.
Attached Files
File Type: csv E30 PureStage 2 Log1 (1).csv (17.3 KB, 35 views)
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-16-2020, 03:28 PM

Trims do look a bit close to maxing.

You could run e40 and switch to the hybrid e85 flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 06-16-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Trims do look a bit close to maxing.

You could run e40 and switch to the hybrid e85 flash.
If I do that would I still be able to run pump gas in the tank and revert back to map 1 on the jb4? There are times I do not have E85 access so being able switch it up on the fly is important.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-17-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelkswagen
If I do that would I still be able to run pump gas in the tank and revert back to map 1 on the jb4? There are times I do not have E85 access so being able switch it up on the fly is important.
Realistically you’d want to stick with the pump flash if that’s the case.

That or keep a tablet etc in car

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 06-17-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Realistically you’d want to stick with the pump flash if that’s the case.

That or keep a tablet etc in car
Thank you! One final question then, does anything about the log look dangerous or indicative of hardware needing to be replaced to run the current tune level I am at? Like you said I should probably play with the tune, but I am generally happy with the power now, just with JB4 Map 2 and pump BEF.

I guess I am not knowledgeable enough to know what the maxed out trims could really mean, or if the timing pull on different cylinders is at a dangerous level. Its been hard for me to narrow down because I think the LPFP and HPFP are holding up, compression is even on all cylinders, and plugs are new and gapped per recommended.

Again, really appreciate your knowledgeable eye.
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-17-2020, 02:21 PM

Just keep an eye on them, and if you ever throw the trimming control codes.

Overall nothing jumps out to me as dangerous

Burger Motorsports