N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
suspenceful's Avatar
suspenceful suspenceful is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 810
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default NEW RECORD: Manual N54 135i w/ JB4 runs 10.3 @ 134mph! - 06-11-2020, 12:08 PM

I haven't been as active on the forums lately... YouTube and Instagram are where I post most of my content now. If you aren't already subscribed/following there, you're missing out

That being said, I have exciting news I want to share! I took the car to the drag strip after doing a ton of modifications (listed below). My previous best was 10.90 @ 136mph with full interior, stock diff, stock axles and radial tires. I did a bunch of weight reduction, upgraded my diff, axles, suspension and tires and went back to the strip. Results below:

1st pass (20psi): 11.29 @ 128mph with a 1.94 60ft
2nd pass (25psi): 10.53 @ 137mph with a 1.73 60ft
3rd pass (28psi): 10.36 @ 134mph with a 1.59 60ft



The old record for a manual N54/N55 with stock BMW chassis was 10.70 @ 135mph, but I'm now the fastest after beating it by almost half a second! Yes, Ghassan Automotive went 9.6 but they have a custom back-halfed drag chassis. I think I can run 9's as the car was misfiring during my 10.36 pass.

The car has made 752whp and 691wtq at 30psi. Being at ~28psi with a misfire, I'd guess it was making ~700whp on this pass. Log attached.

Full modification list here: Modifications | BMW 135i (N54)

Watch the video!







Attached Files
File Type: csv 10.36 @ 134.09.csv (14.1 KB, 38 views)


🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
N54_ABQ's Avatar
N54_ABQ N54_ABQ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Join Date: Apr 2018
Car: 2007 BMW E92 335i
Default 06-11-2020, 12:31 PM

Congrats! Glad to see the drivetrain upgrades pay-off.


2007 335i E92 6MT FBO, Stock Turbos
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Bmw335turbo's Avatar
Bmw335turbo Bmw335turbo is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 124
Join Date: Dec 2019
Car: 335
Default 06-12-2020, 05:46 AM

nice!!!!


Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
suspenceful's Avatar
suspenceful suspenceful is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 810
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 06-15-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_ABQ
Congrats! Glad to see the drivetrain upgrades pay-off.
Thanks! Definitely helped a lot. Can't wait to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw335turbo
nice!!!!
Thank you!


🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Riceball777 Riceball777 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 211
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 06-15-2020, 06:08 PM

wow congrats

so this is with no custom tune. Just a jb4 with the jb4 back end flash for single turbo with e85 with port injection

is this right?


2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
DamnDatsun's Avatar
DamnDatsun DamnDatsun is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 48
Join Date: May 2018
Car: 2010 135i msport
Default 06-16-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
wow congrats

so this is with no custom tune. Just a jb4 with the jb4 back end flash for single turbo with e85 with port injection

is this right?
No, he is custom tuned by Wedge.
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 8,484
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-16-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
wow congrats

so this is with no custom tune. Just a jb4 with the jb4 back end flash for single turbo with e85 with port injection

is this right?
Believe he has a custom BEF.

However, our BEF is pretty well sorted. I ran 10s in my xi a bunch on our OTS hybrid PI bef & pures. Took maybe 3-4 passes to dial in for 1/4


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 8,484
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-16-2020, 06:54 AM

Also, nice work sir. Love the thoroughness of the write up (per usual, lol).

Keep killin it!


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,440
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 06-16-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
I haven't been as active on the forums lately... YouTube and Instagram are where I post most of my content now. If you aren't already subscribed/following there, you're missing out

That being said, I have exciting news I want to share! I took the car to the drag strip after doing a ton of modifications (listed below). My previous best was 10.90 @ 136mph with full interior, stock diff, stock axles and radial tires. I did a bunch of weight reduction, upgraded my diff, axles, suspension and tires and went back to the strip. Results below:

1st pass (20psi): 11.29 @ 128mph with a 1.94 60ft
2nd pass (25psi): 10.53 @ 137mph with a 1.73 60ft
3rd pass (28psi): 10.36 @ 134mph with a 1.59 60ft



The old record for a manual N54/N55 with stock BMW chassis was 10.70 @ 135mph, but I'm now the fastest after beating it by almost half a second! Yes, Ghassan Automotive went 9.6 but they have a custom back-halfed drag chassis. I think I can run 9's as the car was misfiring during my 10.36 pass.

The car has made 752whp and 691wtq at 30psi. Being at ~28psi with a misfire, I'd guess it was making ~700whp on this pass. Log attached.

Full modification list here: Modifications | BMW 135i (N54)

Watch the video!







Good **** Jake !
Watched the video last night. Your girl was happy too
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
suspenceful's Avatar
suspenceful suspenceful is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 810
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 06-17-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
wow congrats

so this is with no custom tune. Just a jb4 with the jb4 back end flash for single turbo with e85 with port injection

is this right?
Just replied to your same comment on 1Addicts. This is a custom Wedge tune as someone commented. But like Dave mentioned, the BMS/JB4 BEF is very good and I've also ran multiple 10 second passes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Also, nice work sir. Love the thoroughness of the write up (per usual, lol).

Keep killin it!
Thanks Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Good **** Jake !
Watched the video last night. Your girl was happy too
Haha, yeah she was. Thanks for watching!


🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com