N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Wink 06-02-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
BOV's only operate after a pull is over and you let off the gas. They don't do anything to help an overboost during a WOT pull. By bumping the auto shift redux to 70 I don't get any overboosting when I let off the throttle, making BOV's useless now other than for noise. You could try and turn off the EWG feature and run a tapered map 6 at a reasonable boost. You're on 91 octane so you don't want to be going much above red sport boost anyways.
You running c@tted FDP's or LDP's? Just curious, as it seems we seem to have similar bolt-ons. I went with the high-flow catted FDP's and am wondering if spool up and overboost was due to the lack of restriction on the exhaust side (besides the obvious FF 60 issue).

Also curious as to your choice of exhaust. Why the Y-pipe vs X-pipe, H-pipe, or true dual exhaust? We know restriction on the exhaust side can hinder performance and that pressures on the "hot" side of the turbo can often be double the pressures on the intake side. Isn't this why Stillen's exhaust was a horrible failure on the VR30? I guess that is what led me to go with an H-pipe configuration. It acts like an X-pipe at low RPM, improving torque, but acts more like a true dual exhaust at higher RPM, improving HP on the high end. Best of both worlds IMHO. I am personally not too worried about high torque at low RPMs with AWD and 305s on the rear.

BMS, PLEEEEEZ make a post-intercooler WMI kit. I would pay handsomely for it! My guess is they didn't do it that way cuz it is way harder to hide in CARB compliant Californistan. LOL

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#252)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default Map 3 Log-4th Gear Pull - 06-02-2020, 04:53 PM

This is my log on map 3. The pull was done in 4th gear from around 30-100 mph+. As I am new to this, I would appreciate any advice to set my JB4 settings properly. Thanks in advance.

Settings:
duty bias all 50
Pid 20
Auto Shift 60
FF 50

Shared album - robby choi - Google Photos
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M3_R1_200602_181048.csv (15.5 KB, 42 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*Drop-In Filters*Megan Lowers (heat wrapped)*Frozen Boost 118*Rev9 CBE with Res.*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*E30 mix*Megan Front Strut Bar*Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar*

Last edited by lyricks06; 06-02-2020 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Graph
(#253)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricks06
This is my log on map 3. The pull was done in 4th gear from around 30-100 mph+. As I am new to this, I would appreciate any advice to set my JB4 settings properly. Thanks in advance.

Settings:
duty bias all 50
Pid 20
Auto Shift 60
FF 50

Looks normal to me here! I don't think any changes are needed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#254)
Old

Default 06-02-2020, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the quick reply sir, so other then switching between different maps, based on the info above is there a specific way to set up map 6?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*Drop-In Filters*Megan Lowers (heat wrapped)*Frozen Boost 118*Rev9 CBE with Res.*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*E30 mix*Megan Front Strut Bar*Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar*
(#255)
Old

Car: q50
Default 06-02-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V@pors
You running c@tted FDP's or LDP's? Just curious, as it seems we seem to have similar bolt-ons. I went with the high-flow catted FDP's and am wondering if spool up and overboost was due to the lack of restriction on the exhaust side (besides the obvious FF 60 issue).

Also curious as to your choice of exhaust. Why the Y-pipe vs X-pipe, H-pipe, or true dual exhaust? We know restriction on the exhaust side can hinder performance and that pressures on the "hot" side of the turbo can often be double the pressures on the intake side. Isn't this why Stillen's exhaust was a horrible failure on the VR30? I guess that is what led me to go with an H-pipe configuration. It acts like an X-pipe at low RPM, improving torque, but acts more like a true dual exhaust at higher RPM, improving HP on the high end. Best of both worlds IMHO. I am personally not too worried about high torque at low RPMs with AWD and 305s on the rear.

BMS, PLEEEEEZ make a post-intercooler WMI kit. I would pay handsomely for it! My guess is they didn't do it that way cuz it is way harder to hide in CARB compliant Californistan. LOL
Full c@tless downs which is likely why I had to turn up auto shift redux to curb over boost at let off.
I'm not concerned around X vs. Y etc., I'm running a stock muffler and not looking to eek out every last hp and not even convinced I would see any significant gain by switching to an X. This is my DD, my toy is a turbo V8 making about twice the power of my Q50 lol.

I believe I am one of the only, if not the only one running post turbo and post A2W BMS WMI. It really wasn't that hard to make happen and ive got a thread on how to do it. Really a noticable improvement in power, it allows more boost safely, and cleans the intake valves which are an issue on any DI engine. You should look into it.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#256)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 06-02-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Full c@tless downs which is likely why I had to turn up auto shift redux to curb over boost at let off.
I'm not concerned around X vs. Y etc., I'm running a stock muffler and not looking to eek out every last hp and not even convinced I would see any significant gain by switching to an X. This is my DD, my toy is a turbo V8 making about twice the power of my Q50 lol.

I believe I am one of the only, if not the only one running post turbo and post A2W BMS WMI. It really wasn't that hard to make happen and ive got a thread on how to do it. Really a noticable improvement in power, it allows more boost safely, and cleans the intake valves which are an issue on any DI engine. You should look into it.
Yeah, thinking about ordering the BMS kit and having my local shop install it post-intercooler.

Any problems with the TMAP sensor readings or anything to worry about there?

Maybe this would be a better discussion for the WMI thread LOL

This car is my garage queen . . . . '17 with 12K miles LOL

After my local Infiniti dealership just went out of business and with Nissan is considering discontinuing the Q50, Q60 and Q70, can't help thinking about dumping it and just getting a Model X that will seat 6 and do 0-60 in 2.6 seconds LOL. They just dropped the price $5K

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro

Last edited by V@pors; 06-02-2020 at 06:11 PM..
(#257)
Old

Car: 2019 Infiniti Q50 sport AWD
Default EWG INSTALLED - 06-02-2020, 07:30 PM

Hey Everyone and Terry, can you please check this log. Installed EWG, fuel wires on, running Map 6

Settings:
duty bias all 50
Pid 10
Auto Shift 60
FF 60
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200602_1938_runs(3).csv (33.3 KB, 43 views)

2019 Infiniti Q50 Silversport
JB4 with fuel wires, EWG wires,
HKS lower down P!pes
Burger tuning heat exchanger
(#258)
Old

Car: q50
Default 06-03-2020, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V@pors
Yeah, thinking about ordering the BMS kit and having my local shop install it post-intercooler.

Any problems with the TMAP sensor readings or anything to worry about there?

Maybe this would be a better discussion for the WMI thread LOL

This car is my garage queen . . . . '17 with 12K miles LOL

After my local Infiniti dealership just went out of business and with Nissan is considering discontinuing the Q50, Q60 and Q70, can't help thinking about dumping it and just getting a Model X that will seat 6 and do 0-60 in 2.6 seconds LOL. They just dropped the price $5K
I have not had any map sensor issues but also positioned the nozzles to spray opposite of those sensors. Even if they get a little wet it normally won't damage them.

I have heard others talking about the Tesla stuff too lately. Go go electric lol. Those 0-60 times are no joke.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#259)
Old

Default Accelerator/throttle Delay - 06-03-2020, 09:18 AM

So upon some heavy driving installing/tweaking the JB4, I've noticed that my accelerator pedal has a like a full one second delay before it actually picks up.

I went ahead and started the process of resetting the ECU for now. Anyone run into this issue? Fix?

The log is in Map 6, 4th gear pull.

Settings:
duty bias all 50
Pid 20
Auto Shift 60
FF 60

Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_200603_101627.csv (12.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by lyricks06; 06-03-2020 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: Graph
(#260)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy164
Hey Everyone and Terry, can you please check this log. Installed EWG, fuel wires on, running Map 6

Settings:
duty bias all 50
Pid 10
Auto Shift 60
FF 60
Seems OK to me although I wonder if you'd be better off with a lower but more stable target.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#261)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricks06
So upon some heavy driving installing/tweaking the JB4, I've noticed that my accelerator pedal has a like a full one second delay before it actually picks up.

I went ahead and started the process of resetting the ECU for now. Anyone run into this issue? Fix?

The log is in Map 6, 4th gear pull.

Settings:
duty bias all 50
Pid 20
Auto Shift 60
FF 60

I think this might be fuel trims maxing out which can cause a "delay" in acceleration at tip in. The only fix right now is to lower duty bias in that lower range thus lowering boost there a little. It's an element of the EWG control we're working on.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#262)
Old

Default 06-03-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Seems OK to me although I wonder if you'd be better off with a lower but more stable target.
You mean lower PSI in each RPM range? I can show you my Map 6 settings.

HKS lower down P!pes
(#263)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2020, 12:07 PM

Maybe try our map3 for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#264)
Old

Car: Q50 type s 400 red sport
Default Logs review plz - 06-03-2020, 12:40 PM

Hello all and Terry plz have a look at logs. I have ordered the EWG wire they are on the way. Thanks again for the time to look at them. Also any suggestions on setting for the EWG for when they get installed.

2019 Q50 RS AWD

Using 94 Fuel

* Ams red alpha cold air intake
* jb4 with fuel wires
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_200531_162419 map 6.csv (16.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: csv P50_M1_R1_200602_045557 map 1.csv (19.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: csv P50_M1_R1_200602_045355 map 1.csv (22.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_200601_055227 map 6 test 2.csv (13.5 KB, 39 views)
(#265)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Looks good overall, I'd just run our map1 it seems like a good fit here.

Burger Motorsports

(#266)
Old

Default 06-03-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Thank you for checking my log, I will try Map 3 and log. What gear should I log in and until what Rpm or Mph?

HKS lower down P!pes
(#267)
Old

Default MAP3 AND MAP 4 - 06-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
hey Terry so took your advice tried a couple runs in Map4 and then Map 3, i also changed the auto PID back to 20. I floored it no response and then surge in power please take a look at the logs. Log that days run (5) log is on Map 4 and the other log (4)is on Map3. I left it on auto no shifting myself. 🤷*♂️
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200604_1506_runs(5).csv (26.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: csv 20200604_1751_runs(4).csv (30.9 KB, 36 views)

HKS lower down P!pes
(#268)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2020, 03:12 PM

Try lowering FF to 50.. And if that doesn't do it 40.

Burger Motorsports

(#269)
Old

Default 06-04-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Got it thank you. Will report back

HKS lower down P!pes
(#270)
Old

Car: Q50 type s 400 red sport
Default Updated logs with ewg wire - 06-04-2020, 07:05 PM

Hello Terry could u have a look at the log I got the EWG wire installed
Thanks again

2019 Q50 RS AWD
94 Fuel

Ams cold air intake
Jb4 with fuel/EWG wires
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M1_R1_200604_193500EWG2.csv (57.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: csv P50_M1_R1_200604_184429 EWG.csv (16.9 KB, 34 views)
(#271)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Q50 400 red sport
Hello Terry could u have a look at the log I got the EWG wire installed
Thanks again

2019 Q50 RS AWD
94 Fuel

Ams cold air intake
Jb4 with fuel/EWG wires
Looks good! Stay on map1 but try FF = 75 next lets see if we can drag boost up a bit.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#272)
Old

Default 06-05-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Hey Terry lowered FF to 50 and did a pull on Map 4 and pulled hard even though temperature was not quite at 168 degrees just shy of it. Fuel wires on , Ewg wires, 93 octane. Car shifting itself
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200605_0720_runs(1).csv (7.3 KB, 40 views)

HKS lower down P!pes
(#273)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy164
Hey Terry lowered FF to 50 and did a pull on Map 4 and pulled hard even though temperature was not quite at 168 degrees just shy of it. Fuel wires on , Ewg wires, 93 octane. Car shifting itself
Looks normal here on spool up.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#274)
Old

Default 06-05-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Looks normal here on spool up.
Hey Terry did a few more logs
First log is Map4 FF at 40 not sure what is up or if it's just me, I floor it and no power then boom power kicks in, same thing if I brake boost.

Second log is Map 3, from a stop 1st gear me shifting the car even in first gear big hesitation then rpm sky rockets quick.

Third log Map3 but left it in auto and just floored it.

I have attached my settings maybe something off or wrong

Thank you in advance
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200605_175505_runs(1).csv (11.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: csv 20200605_180359_runs(1).csv (8.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: csv 20200605_180155_runs(1).csv (11.2 KB, 45 views)

HKS lower down P!pes
(#275)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 03:47 PM

Settings are in the CSV so no need to post addl photos.

Seems like FF = 50 is where you should be on yours.

Burger Motorsports