ff 60

mods:
jb4
map2
91oct
lip
muffler delete
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200527_092602_runs(1).csv (5.6 KB, 47 views)
(#227)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 10:51 AM

Looks good to me on map2, I'd stick with that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#228)
Old

Car: q50
Default 05-27-2020, 12:18 PM

Will do ! Thanks again for the help !
(#229)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 05-29-2020, 05:54 PM

Hoping I just got lost in the shuffle. Anyone able to look at my logs from post #204? thank you.

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#230)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V@pors
Just installed the EWG wires on my Q60 RS AWD. Would appreciate any input on these logs:

I have settings set to defaults suggested on 1st page, Fuel Wires enabled, and Bit 6 turned on (RS)

Running 91 octane, 88 F today, 4,500 ft elevation

Run 1: Map 0
Run 2: Map 1

Thanks in advance!
Boost seems lower than it should be. Do another log or two to evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#231)
Old

Car: 2018 q50 luxe RWD
Default 2018 Q50 luxe RWD EWG HELP - 05-29-2020, 07:46 PM

i recently installed the ewg connectors. i have already had the jb4 w/ fuel wires for a while now with no issues. however once i added the EWG connectors the car is pulling alot of timing during the pull. below i will post a 4th gear log that had terrible timing and a 3rd gear pull that had good timing. (both on same ewg setting) not sure if i should adjust any setting as they are how the forum said to start them

mods: ldp
muffler/res delete
heat X
Attached Files
File Type: csv Run #1.csv (5.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: csv Run #2 Bad log.csv (5.6 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Jdm010697; 05-29-2020 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: forgot mods
(#232)
Old

Car: 2016 S6 and 2018 q50
Default 05-29-2020, 08:42 PM

Terry, can you take a look at these logs.
This is on e20, FF set at 60.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 6 e20 3rd gear.csv (9.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv Map 6 e20.csv (20.3 KB, 41 views)
(#233)
Old

Default 05-30-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm010697
i recently installed the ewg connectors. i have already had the jb4 w/ fuel wires for a while now with no issues. however once i added the EWG connectors the car is pulling alot of timing during the pull. below i will post a 4th gear log that had terrible timing and a 3rd gear pull that had good timing. (both on same ewg setting) not sure if i should adjust any setting as they are how the forum said to start them

muffler/res delete
heat X
Looks like youíre running two different maps on both logs.

Was that intentional? I can tell you that personally, the car Iím working on doesnít like all that boost on 93 only
(#234)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-30-2020, 04:58 PM

How did you calculate your e20 blend? My car also pulls timing with too much E

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#235)
Old

Default 05-30-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thank you. Will do.

BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
(#236)
Old

Default 05-30-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I did 2 more logs on Map 1

Duty Bias = 50 (all)
PID = 20
FF = 60
Auto Shift = 60

91 octane

Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M1_R2_200530_2029.csv (15.0 KB, 60 views)

(#237)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:

Duty Bias = 50 (all)
PID = 20
FF = 60
Auto Shift = 60

91 octane

Thanks again
You are running WAY too much boost for that bad of gas. Your timing is in the dirt. That's a recipe to blow up your motor.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#238)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
You are running WAY too much boost for that bad of gas. Your timing is in the dirt. That's a recipe to blow up your motor.
Crazy to see the ECU providing 17+ lbs of boost at times. Full ********* really do spool these turbos up.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#239)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
How did you calculate your e20 blend? My car also pulls timing with too much E
Just use 2.5 gallons of e85 to a full tank of 93.

I like to grab VP fuel container, fill 2.5. With less than a 1/4 in the tank of gas left Iíll go to the nearest station with 93, dump about half of whatever is in the fuel container first, fill 93 until itís about 10gal then dump the rest of the e and finish it up with 93.

Sounds funny and itís work but I think it mixes pretty well.
I like to jerk the car side to side and make the fuel slush after a few miles
(#240)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 06-01-2020, 07:05 PM

Not to be a naysayer but while estimating your fuel E content possible, there are just too many variables from one fill up to another. To actually know what your engine is burning you need to invest in a Flex Fuel sensor. It takes the guess work out of the equation.

PSA - The VR30 engine and fuel system is not E friendly longterm - injectors sticking being a big concern (and one I personally experienced - not fun!) Running an occasional tank of E blend fuel followed by straight pump fuel seems to be the recommendation for those who choose to dabble in E fuel blends.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#241)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
OK, now I'm thoroughly confused. Terry@BMS says boost was low and to re-evaluate and now you're saying the boost is too high. Both logs were run on Map 1. . . . .I don't know where to go from Map 1 except remove the BMS JB4 from my car.

I would love to get something better than 91 octane. . . .it isn't available in my area.

(#242)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 07:47 PM

I recommend if you plan to keep running e, do it right, as it is risky enough on our cars as it is.

1) get a flex fuel kit as stated above so you can truly see the ethanol percentage. If you arent wanting to splurge on that, at least get an e85 tester bottle from Amazon. Cheap and easy.

2) Run a full tank of 93 down to bone dry after each blended e85 tank. Needs to be fully flushed. 2 tanks is even better.

3) Get this product ASAP before one of your injectors calls it quits: POWER PLUS TOP LUBE (CHERRY SCENTED)

Ethanol fuel above 10% has already done some damage to the fuel system, this product will help reverse it.

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#243)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 06-01-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
OK, now I'm thoroughly confused. Terry@BMS says boost was low and to re-evaluate and now you're saying the boost is too high. Both logs were run on Map 1. . . . .I don't know where to go from Map 1 except remove the BMS JB4 from my car.

I would love to get something better than 91 octane. . . .it isn't available in my area.
I think When I look at the Maps from your original post (#204) you can see that the first part of the graph (Map 0) you are boosting to the stock target, but the second half ( the Map 1) you are only hitting 12.5 wich is way less than the stock, plus the target should be. I think that was why Terry said your boost was low. And it is, look at what the Stock ECU boost is for both of those runs, something is off... ? Look at that huge drop in throttle vs. pedal, the DME/ECU was pulling something?

Then when you look at the most two recent runs... your boost is way higher, with the throttle being pegged to 100... and you are boosting higher with a lower IGN.

I am not anywhere near a master tuner here, but I would try turning the FF back down to 50 and run a few more Map 1's, if you are getting surging, you might increase the auto shift up from 60 to 65... and see if that helps with any surging or overboosting post shifts..? Also, turn of the linear pedal bit, and see if that helps a little as well... I hated how mine felt with that one PRe the EWG, and I can't imagine putting that on now... but that is a personal preference.

I would not throw in the towel now, you only have logged 4 runs to look at, and one was Map 0 and the other was a weird Map 1....
(#244)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm010697

muffler/res delete
heat X
Remember more boost means you need less timing generally speaking. But it could also be a sign of timing pull/knock. Try raising the octane level up to see if timing goes up with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#245)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgvr6
Terry, can you take a look at these logs.
This is on e20, FF set at 60.
Seems OK but I think you'd be better off with our map1.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#246)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Duty Bias = 50 (all)
PID = 20
FF = 60
Auto Shift = 60

91 octane

Thanks again
Now boost is up on the higher side, wonder what was going on before? In any event I think I'd drop FF down to 50.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#247)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianToro
I think When I look at the Maps from your original post (#204) you can see that the first part of the graph (Map 0) you are boosting to the stock target, but the second half ( the Map 1) you are only hitting 12.5 wich is way less than the stock, plus the target should be. I think that was why Terry said your boost was low. And it is, look at what the Stock ECU boost is for both of those runs, something is off... ? Look at that huge drop in throttle vs. pedal, the DME/ECU was pulling something?

Then when you look at the most two recent runs... your boost is way higher, with the throttle being pegged to 100... and you are boosting higher with a lower IGN.

I am not anywhere near a master tuner here, but I would try turning the FF back down to 50 and run a few more Map 1's, if you are getting surging, you might increase the auto shift up from 60 to 65... and see if that helps with any surging or overboosting post shifts..? Also, turn of the linear pedal bit, and see if that helps a little as well... I hated how mine felt with that one PRe the EWG, and I can't imagine putting that on now... but that is a personal preference.

I would not throw in the towel now, you only have logged 4 runs to look at, and one was Map 0 and the other was a weird Map 1....
Thanks for looking into that. I hadn't noticed what you mentioned in my log from post #204.

It is interesting to me that I am getting any over boosting at all with BOV's installed. . . .that is mainly what those are supposed to prevent.

Other thing that is interesting to me is that the timing numbers don't look noticeably "lower" in Map 1 vs the Map 0 runs in the log from Post #204. Is it possible that the lower timing numbers are due, in part, to the high altitude here?

FF = 50 is basically the default position without EWG wires isn't it? Should I just take them off? Definitely not interested in blowing my engine up.

Thank again for the help.

(#248)
Old

Default 06-01-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Now boost is up on the higher side, wonder what was going on before? In any event I think I'd drop FF down to 50.
Thank you for checking. Only difference between the logs is that the ones from post #204 were 3rd gear pulls and the new ones are 4th gear pulls. Not sure if that would make a significant difference.

Will dial back the FF to 50 and run some more logs when I get a chance. Thanks again.

(#249)
Old

Default 06-02-2020, 04:54 AM

BOV's only operate after a pull is over and you let off the gas. They don't do anything to help an overboost during a WOT pull. By bumping the auto shift redux to 70 I don't get any overboosting when I let off the throttle, making BOV's useless now other than for noise. You could try and turn off the EWG feature and run a tapered map 6 at a reasonable boost. You're on 91 octane so you don't want to be going much above red sport boost anyways.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#250)
Old

Default 06-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
BOV's only operate after a pull is over and you let off the gas. They don't do anything to help an overboost during a WOT pull. By bumping the auto shift redux to 70 I don't get any overboosting when I let off the throttle, making BOV's useless now other than for noise. You could try and turn off the EWG feature and run a tapered map 6 at a reasonable boost. You're on 91 octane so you don't want to be going much above red sport boost anyways.
I'm trying to educate myself on this. After kind of reading up on this a little bit, it looks to me like the proportional gain or integral gain went a little crazy there. This could be due to the increase in the FeedForward of 60 I guess. Will definitely dial that back down. Is there any way to change the PID settings individually?

I agree with you that BOV's are useless at OEM boost levels. However, I am not sure about boost spikes/creep at higher boost pressures. Also, the EWG acts only on the "hot" side of the turbo and does nothing for the "cold" or intake side of the turbo. Perhaps this the EWG wires will allow better control over a wider range of pressures than the OEM closed loop system provides?

I am by no means an expert. Just my $0.02 FWIW