N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 05-25-2020, 04:44 PM

Sounds like Limp Mode - any CEL / Codes? Typically turning off / on the car will clear the Lilp Mode.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#202)
Old

Car: Q50 RS
Default 05-25-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Screenshot your settings, sounds like you forgot to change/enable something. My car did that when I test drove it before properly changing the settings
WG duty cycles are at the top of the log. FF set to 60, tried everything from 40-65. PID gain 20, Auto shift boost red. 60. Option RS on, Fuel wires on.
(#203)
Old

Car: 2020 Infiniti Q50
Default 05-25-2020, 05:05 PM

No CEL and when I finally got home and hooked up the data cable to my laptop there were no codes. Did a long log after getting home and hooking up to my laptop. The issue didn't some up. See anything?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200525_1615.csv (325.8 KB, 35 views)
(#204)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default Just Installed EWG Wires on my RS AWD - 05-25-2020, 05:23 PM

Just installed the EWG wires on my Q60 RS AWD. Would appreciate any input on these logs:

I have settings set to defaults suggested on 1st page, Fuel Wires enabled, and Bit 6 turned on (RS)

Running 91 octane, 88 F today, 4,500 ft elevation

Run 1: Map 0
Run 2: Map 1

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: csv v@pors_05252020.csv (15.3 KB, 38 views)

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#205)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 05-25-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That I don't know but you could do a trial run to see if you can each/unplug the factory EWG connectors.
Just an FYI, I probably could have gotten to the driver side without removing the BOV, but definitely not the passenger side. I ended up removing both sides and it was not too much hassle.

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#206)
Old

Car: q50
Default Ewg first log - 05-25-2020, 07:57 PM

Hello all,
Installed my EWG wires this week and would like some feedback on how my car is running. Thank you in advance!

settings:
duty bias all 50
pid 20
auto shift 60
ff 50

mods:
jb4
map1
91oct
lip
muffler delete
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200521_1027_runs(1).csv (6.9 KB, 32 views)
(#207)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 05-25-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear72784
WG duty cycles are at the top of the log. FF set to 60, tried everything from 40-65. PID gain 20, Auto shift boost red. 60. Option RS on, Fuel wires on.
Start from square one and eliminate the variables.

Disable the EWG (Bit5) and see if the surging is still there (then that might mean a connector or bad pin?). IF it runs smooth, then go back and reset all your numbers. I looked at the .csv and your Duty cycles are custom set, from 55 down to 50 then upto 55 then 60 and back to 55... Why? What runs did you make with them at the baseline that you then could figure out what to change on them to adjust them? (post those logs if you have them). I would say put them all back to 50, and then put the FF at 50, and if the other settings are the same (20 and 60 for the PI and shift gain), then make some runs, post those logs, and see what you get.
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes104
Hello all,
Installed my EWG wires this week and would like some feedback on how my car is running. Thank you in advance!

settings:
duty bias all 50
pid 20
auto shift 60
ff 50

mods:
jb4
map1
91oct
lip
muffler delete
Looks fine to me, next up try FF = 60.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#209)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Messed around all day with settings and can't stop this surging. You can see it as the car comes into boost. The car is like an on off switch no boost then all the boost and it seems to have a hard time stabilizing. Raising duty cycle before 3k helped a bit. Any ideas?
Try working the other way then. Set duty bias to 40 across the board, FF = 50, and log that.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#210)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 05-26-2020, 01:15 PM

For clarification in reading please... does the Auto Shift Redux option help resolve compressor surge (sort of like the Ecutek wastegate offset) function to somewhat eliminate the need of BOVs?

2016 AWD Premium Liquid Platinum / K&N drop-ins / BMS silicone inlets / BMS heat exchanger/ Fast Intentions CBE
(#211)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2020, 01:31 PM

The shift reduction is used to lower WGDC proactively during shifts, useful for a variety of reasons, like dialing back post shift boost spikes.

Burger Motorsports

(#212)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaristguy313
Well I went out and did some 3rd gear pulls and some pulls from a dig. Running map 4 with 92 octane. Have some logs before EWG and after. Running with duty bias 50 across the board. FF 60, Auto shift boost reduction 60, and PID gain 20. Looking to get a second set of eyes on these. Thanks!
Hey Terry. Would you mind checking out the logs in my original post? Want to make sure everything is working right. Thanks!
(#213)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaristguy313
Hey Terry. Would you mind checking out the logs in my original post? Want to make sure everything is working right. Thanks!
Little over rev or DSC in 1st but log itself looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#214)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
The shift reduction is used to lower WGDC proactively during shifts, useful for a variety of reasons, like dialing back post shift boost spikes.
I just played with this and it completely eliminated my boost spike after a 2/3/4 gear pull.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#215)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Little over rev or DSC in 1st but log itself looks fine to me!
Thanks Terry! In your opinion does it look like the EWG is doing what it's supposed to be doing? Anything I should change?
(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2020, 06:10 PM

Yes looks fine to me from what I can see!

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Yes looks fine to me from what I can see!
Appreciate all the help!
(#218)
Old

Default ewg 2nd log - 05-26-2020, 10:12 PM

Hello all,
Thank you for the feedback on my first log, made another run with FF set to 60 this time. Could you please give me some feedback? Thanks in advance

settings:
duty bias all 50
pid 20
auto shift 60
ff 60

mods:
jb4
map1
91oct
lip
muffler delete
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200526_220106_runs(1).csv (4.9 KB, 31 views)
(#219)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-27-2020, 06:15 AM

So, in general, should your duty bias value match your FF value? Right now I have 50 in my FF but a mixture of 50 and 55 in my duty bias based on the RPM.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#220)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 05-27-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I just played with this and it completely eliminated my boost spike after a 2/3/4 gear pull.
Did you go up or down to eliminate the spikes?
(#221)
Old

Car: Q50 RS
Default 05-27-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianToro
Start from square one and eliminate the variables.

Disable the EWG (Bit5) and see if the surging is still there (then that might mean a connector or bad pin?). IF it runs smooth, then go back and reset all your numbers. I looked at the .csv and your Duty cycles are custom set, from 55 down to 50 then upto 55 then 60 and back to 55... Why? What runs did you make with them at the baseline that you then could figure out what to change on them to adjust them? (post those logs if you have them). I would say put them all back to 50, and then put the FF at 50, and if the other settings are the same (20 and 60 for the PI and shift gain), then make some runs, post those logs, and see what you get.
Surging has been an issue since the exhaust was opened up. That was the main reason I wanted to give these a go. Slow rolls are no issue, fast transitions cause boost spikes and what we call burst knock on other platforms. Adjusting duty cycle down causes under boosting when rolling on the throttle but helps the tip in WOT issue and vice versa. I have to sacrifice responsiveness to keep the initial boost spike down. Add in Standard vs Sport + throttle mapping and it becomes a PIA to find something that works in both situations. Still messing around. Currently at 35 up to 4500 and 55 after that with a FF of 45 and PID at 15. Fixed the boost spiking but the response is lacking. Just a matter of finding the right combo. I figured more people were running modified exhausts and already paved this road lol.
(#222)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
So, in general, should your duty bias value match your FF value? Right now I have 50 in my FF but a mixture of 50 and 55 in my duty bias based on the RPM.
No, generally speaking duty bias allows adjustment by RPM and FF allows adjustment across the board.

Burger Motorsports

(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes104
Hello all,
Thank you for the feedback on my first log, made another run with FF set to 60 this time. Could you please give me some feedback? Thanks in advance

settings:
duty bias all 50
pid 20
auto shift 60
ff 60

mods:
jb4
map1
91oct
lip
muffler delete
Looks great to me. Try map2 next for kicks!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Surging has been an issue since the exhaust was opened up. That was the main reason I wanted to give these a go. Slow rolls are no issue, fast transitions cause boost spikes and what we call burst knock on other platforms. Adjusting duty cycle down causes under boosting when rolling on the throttle but helps the tip in WOT issue and vice versa. I have to sacrifice responsiveness to keep the initial boost spike down. Add in Standard vs Sport + throttle mapping and it becomes a PIA to find something that works in both situations. Still messing around. Currently at 35 up to 4500 and 55 after that with a FF of 45 and PID at 15. Fixed the boost spiking but the response is lacking. Just a matter of finding the right combo. I figured more people were running modified exhausts and already paved this road lol.
Keep the logs rolling, we may need to make some logical changes if you can't find the right combination for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#225)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianToro
Did you go up or down to eliminate the spikes?
I bumped it up to 70.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars