N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 535i xDrive
Default How do I get meaningful log naming back in my new jb4 android version - 03-25-2020, 02:51 PM

The old names would have date time gear and map number. I can't figure out how to get this again after the uodate.
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-27-2020, 12:03 PM

Gear/map suffixes have been permanently removed as we are migrating towards the log combining system. This combines multiple runs into 1 log file to make reviewing logs more efficient for the majority of users we encounter.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3)
Old

Default 03-27-2020, 01:10 PM

How about the Map number being used. I would be confusing to have multiple map tests in one log. I know that you can open the CSV. It was just convenient tp help organize my runs. With JB4, I find myself trying many variations, because my PS2 is difficult to make work smoothly as it does with just DME flash.
(#4)
Old

Car: VW Alltrack
Default 03-27-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Gear/map suffixes have been permanently removed as we are migrating towards the log combining system. This combines multiple runs into 1 log file to make reviewing logs more efficient for the majority of users we encounter.
I guess I'm in the minority? I found the old naming much more useful. I don't find combining logs useful. I like the idea of having the option, but I'd like to see the separate logging work properly also.
(#5)
Old

Car: future 335i
Default 04-05-2020, 03:13 PM

I also do not like the new style of logging. I liked do a pull for tuning etc.. and having the log dedicated to that single pull with map #. This new style log is super confusing. any way we can have a choice of what logging style people want to use?
(#6)
Old

Car: 340xi
Default 04-05-2020, 04:24 PM

You can disable combined logs from the drop down. It doesn’t change the naming, but combined logs don’t seem to offer functionality that allows you to differentiate between logs. Unless I’m missing something.
(#7)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 04-24-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuMBLe
I guess I'm in the minority? I found the old naming much more useful. I don't find combining logs useful. I like the idea of having the option, but I'd like to see the separate logging work properly also.
Im in the minority as well as I see ZERO use for combining logs and also mentioned in the other thread, that even the BMS Crew are having difficulty reading combined logs and telling people single 3rd gear pull ONLY please, and thats not the users fault. Its great that they have an option to not combine logs, but its just more stuff taking up space. PERSONALLY, all the people I know, do NOT combine logs and hate the change in time stamp as well.....so NO, you are not alone.
(#8)
Old
Legend

Default 05-18-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Im in the minority as well as I see ZERO use for combining logs and also mentioned in the other thread, that even the BMS Crew are having difficulty reading combined logs and telling people single 3rd gear pull ONLY please, and thats not the users fault. Its great that they have an option to not combine logs, but its just more stuff taking up space. PERSONALLY, all the people I know, do NOT combine logs and hate the change in time stamp as well.....so NO, you are not alone.
TTT
So we can get this back to normal. Frustrating now !!
(#9)
Old

Default 05-18-2020, 08:26 PM

Running different maps and not having the map number in the name also inconvenient. I have to open every one to see if it's the map log I want to review.
(#10)
Old
Legend

Default 05-22-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Can you please explain ? I dont see how multiple logs combined help to troubleshoot anything. Just makes it more confusing. As I have said before, even the BMS guys get frustrated when combined logs are posted for evaluation and tell people 1 log only, 3rd gear 2k to redline.
Yes I know there is a disable feature which I have selected that option. Just dont understand all the unecessary (IMO) changes
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2020, 01:22 PM

We've made some tweaks to the BETA app, naming is exactly how we want it. Takes too long to open and manage multiple files. For those customers who don't want to combine their own logs then just unselect that option in your app.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#12)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM

Log Combining can be disabled via the drop-down menu in the logging page.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com