N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-11-2020, 06:14 PM

I’m having a hard time attaching my images here but on the e90post I’ve uploaded two images. One is of the work order and second is of my rental I got from BMW. I am the first one with proof of this SIB in the works 😏
Attached Images

(#52)
Old

Car: 2009 E90
Default 02-12-2020, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemermane
Hey everyone!
I just left my car at the dealer today!!
This is LEGIT!!!!!
I’ve made a post on e90post but here’s the content....

“EVERYONE THIS IS REAL!!!!!
I read the entire thread on this topic along with a few other ones on other forums..... decided to call my local dealer. The SA asked for VIN but I clarified that I’d like to also provide the SIB number that was mentioned earlier in this post. I was on hold for about 20 minutes before I was told that I need to bring it in to have it completed.
Got to the dealer. Great SA, handled everything in about 5 minutes. Getting an enterprise rental on BMW. Everything went literally super smooth!!!!”

“ Ok guys so to clarify a few things... BMW kept my car. Right now I am in a rental 2020 530i! The SA said it would take a few days.
Also, for those who are wondering if they qualify or not, I think I’ve figured out the criteria....
So my 335i is a 09/2007 built. Before all of this I’ve called BMW to see what recalls have been performed prior to when I bought the car. Found out that in 2011, I had 3 injectors replaced on bank 1 with index 7s. These must be on currently because on bank 2 I had a 4-4-5 index.
Basically, if you had them replaced before, it doesn’t matter. If your VIN doesn’t show, also doesn’t matter. The idea is that if you have the correct build date and you NEVER had ALL SIX installed, then they will replace them all with index 12, along with new spark plugs.”
This makes sense to me. I also fall within the date range, and discovered while replacing a couple coils that I have Bank 1 with 12-11-12, and Bank 2 with 5-5-9.

I'll be contacting my dealer when I get back from out of state to bring this up exactly like you did. It's obvious half of mine must've been replaced during a past recall, but with the cold start stumble I still have I'll push them to replace Bank 2 ASAP. Will update in a couple days...

2008 535xi E61 Touring Wagon / 110k Miles / Deep Sea Blue Exterior / Natural Brown Leather Interior / MHD Stage 2 91 Octane Tune / xHP Stage 2 Transmission Tune
(#53)
Old

Car: M3
Default 02-12-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone!
This is LEGIT!!!!!

I read the entire thread on this topic along with a few other ones on other forums..... decided to call my local dealer. The SA asked for VIN but I clarified that I’d like to also provide the SIB number that was mentioned earlier in this post. I was on hold for about 20 minutes before I was told that I need to bring it in to have it completed.
Got to the dealer. Great SA, handled everything in about 5 minutes. Getting an enterprise rental on BMW. Everything went literally super smooth!!!!”

“ Ok guys so to clarify a few things... BMW kept my car. Right now I am in a rental 2020 530i! The SA said it would take a few days.
Also, for those who are wondering if they qualify or not, I think I’ve figured out the criteria....
So my 335i is a 09/2007 built. Before all of this I’ve called BMW to see what recalls have been performed prior to when I bought the car. Found out that in 2011, I had 3 injectors replaced on bank 1 with index 7s. These must be on currently because on bank 2 I had a 4-4-5 index.
Basically, if you had them replaced before, it doesn’t matter. If your VIN doesn’t show, also doesn’t matter. The idea is that if you have the correct build date and you NEVER had ALL SIX installed, then they will replace them all with index 12, along with new spark plugs.”
Yeaaaa!!!
Thanks for update!
(#54)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i E90
Default 02-12-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone!
This is LEGIT!!!!!

I have a build date of 5/07 so I do fall with in the criteria in that regard, but I did just check and I have all index 9 injectors. So not sure what that means for me and the recall.
(#55)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-12-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07N54E90
I have a build date of 5/07 so I do fall with in the criteria in that regard, but I did just check and I have all index 9 injectors. So not sure what that means for me and the recall.
The main place to follow up on this issue is here:
01/21/2020, emissions recall campaign 10e-a02: Replace fuel injectors - Page 7
Please read everything thoroughly and you will have all of your answers.
(#56)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i E90
Default 02-14-2020, 09:22 AM

Yeah so I got down to the bottom of this, was on the phone with BMW Of Manhattan dealership for about 45 mins. Service Department transferred me over to a Manager and he was extremely helpful, he tried so many different things. But unfortunately because my car had it's injectors checked and swapped out in 2012 and I do currently have ALL index 9 injectors so I kind of figured they were changed at some point and would no longer eligible for the extended recall campaign for the index 12s.

So pretty much yes, he was aware of the recall but it is only for VIN's who haven't had ALL six of them swapped out. I did ask him what if you changed them on your own or at a shop? he said as long as it doesn't pop up on the cars service record, they will replace the injectors regardless. Hope this was helpful to you guys. Just ordered some index 12 injectors for my car, hope you guys have better luck ��
(#57)
Old

Car: 2013 335is Convt.
Default 02-20-2020, 04:44 PM

I just got a call from my SA. My 2013 335is is covered by a new injector recall. I hadn't seen my model year covered in any of the previous recalls. Getting them all replaced on Saturday. See bulletin details below:

Defect Code: 0013130300
Defect Description: B130691 Recall: N54T Engine - Injector(s)
Bulletin Number: B13 06 19
Recall Number: 19E-A03
(#58)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535xi
Default 02-21-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07N54E90
Yeah so I got down to the bottom of this, was on the phone with BMW Of Manhattan dealership for about 45 mins. Service Department transferred me over to a Manager and he was extremely helpful, he tried so many different things. But unfortunately because my car had it's injectors checked and swapped out in 2012 and I do currently have ALL index 9 injectors so I kind of figured they were changed at some point and would no longer eligible for the extended recall campaign for the index 12s.

So pretty much yes, he was aware of the recall but it is only for VIN's who haven't had ALL six of them swapped out. I did ask him what if you changed them on your own or at a shop? he said as long as it doesn't pop up on the cars service record, they will replace the injectors regardless. Hope this was helpful to you guys. Just ordered some index 12 injectors for my car, hope you guys have better luck ��
Hi. I am in NYC, as well. Could you please provide the name of the manager? I would like to talk to him.

Interestingly, I called BMW of Rochester (I used to live in Roc) and was told that this does not apply to me because 3 injectors on mine were replaced back in 2011 under the original recall.
(#59)
Old

Car: BMW 535xi
Default 02-27-2020, 02:31 PM

I have a build date of 11/24/08. I am taking a copy of SIB to dealer and see what happens, my injectors are index 9's. Having cold start running rough issues, pretty sure 1 or more injectors is leaking a little bit. Getting a miss fire code on cyl. 2 if you push it really hard. JB4 with back end flash, love it! Already changed plugs and coils. Only thing I haven't done is decarbon intake ports.
(#60)
Old

Car: BMW 535xi
Default 02-27-2020, 02:54 PM

Codesx, where did you get your list of injector numbers to go by? All my injectors are index 9.
(#61)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 02-27-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535XDriver
Codesx, where did you get your list of injector numbers to go by? All my injectors are index 9.

I'll dig up what I quoted and post here. I think it was a tsib linked earlier here.

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (200,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual CM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
RB: Inlets | PCV Valve
VRSF: DiPis | CP
HKS BOV
xHP Stage 3
NGK-97506 @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Ign Coils | Walnut Blast
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | TStat
2020 - OPG | Battery | IBS | Water Pump | Plugs | Alternator
(#62)
Old

Default 02-28-2020, 10:55 AM

Update for everyone on what I've experienced recently:
Verified Bank 1 has Index 12/11/12.
Verified Bank 2 has Index 5/6/9.
Called dealership and scheduled appt to change out Bank 2 injectors under this recall. Due to confusion of what turned out to be a front desk office type and NOT a service adviser that I thought I was talking to, I brought the car in for what I thought was recall work and turned out to be useless, as the actual service adviser said they couldn't do anything without an open recall.

Turns out my VIN shows the recall was completed in early 2011 (but obviously only half the injectors were swapped out) so I'm stuck there.

Dealership recommended I open a case with BMW NA and of course that went nowhere since they can't just reopen a completed recall. BMW NA recommended I request the dealership open a claim with BMW NA to replace the Bank 2 injectors. Basically I'm getting the run-around from both, so will talk to the dealership and not expect much, if anything.

Will likely just bite the bullet and source some -12s somewhere and code them myself at some point.

2008 535xi E61 Touring Wagon / 110k Miles / Deep Sea Blue Exterior / Natural Brown Leather Interior / MHD Stage 2 91 Octane Tune / xHP Stage 2 Transmission Tune
(#63)
Old

Car: 2011 335is Coupe LMB DCT
Default 02-28-2020, 11:44 AM

Shared experience:

My vehicle is a 2011 335is with 69,600 miles. I'm the 3rd owner.

Local dealership replaced all six of my index 9 injectors last week 02/20/2020. New injectors are index 12.

They also replaced all six spark plugs. The technician wrote that the faulty injectors fouled the plugs.

The car runs so much better. Night/Day difference. Pulls a lot harder, etc.

My car is modded, FBO, JB4, MHD BEF. Dealership did not care.

(#64)
Old

Car: 08 E60 535i
Default 02-28-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob
Update for everyone on what I've experienced recently:
Verified Bank 1 has Index 12/11/12.
Verified Bank 2 has Index 5/6/9.
Called dealership and scheduled appt to change out Bank 2 injectors under this recall. Due to confusion of what turned out to be a front desk office type and NOT a service adviser that I thought I was talking to, I brought the car in for what I thought was recall work and turned out to be useless, as the actual service adviser said they couldn't do anything without an open recall.

Turns out my VIN shows the recall was completed in early 2011 (but obviously only half the injectors were swapped out) so I'm stuck there.

Dealership recommended I open a case with BMW NA and of course that went nowhere since they can't just reopen a completed recall. BMW NA recommended I request the dealership open a claim with BMW NA to replace the Bank 2 injectors. Basically I'm getting the run-around from both, so will talk to the dealership and not expect much, if anything.

Will likely just bite the bullet and source some -12s somewhere and code them myself at some point.
Reading your post and that sucks. Your the third person I've read this same thing happening too. But the other two pushed the dealers and they ended up talking care of the one guy and the second person is pending the work getting done, but has it approved at least. Keep bitching brother!
On another note, your mods dont show d o w n p I p e s yet you run stage 2 plus. Any problems from that?
Thanks

Brandon
Hayden, Idaho.

* 08' 535I. * JB4 W/ Bluetooth Connect & custom tune. * Billy Boat 535I 3.5" *****-back exhaust W/ resonator delete. * BMS DCI. * NGK 2 step colder plugs @ .020" (And I mean .020" on money!). * New Eldor coils. * BMS BOV adapter and BMS Vac side OCC. * BMS Chargepipe. * TIAL BOV W/ Hard 1/4" Vacuum line W/stock spring. * XHP Stage 2 * C-@-T TUBES.

[/SIGPIC]
(#65)
Old

Default 03-03-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbelstad
Reading your post and that sucks. Your the third person I've read this same thing happening too. But the other two pushed the dealers and they ended up talking care of the one guy and the second person is pending the work getting done, but has it approved at least. Keep bitching brother!
On another note, your mods dont show d o w n p I p e s yet you run stage 2 plus. Any problems from that?
Thanks
Will do, and hopefully the dealer opens a case for me whenever I get around to speaking to them again.

No problems on the Stage 2, it's not like I'm hammering on it all the time as it's my daily driver. I've done only 2 full throttle pulls to like 50mph in the month I've had it, and I ran it on my 335i for years without issue for the same reason that I just don't get into it all that often. Sure is fun when I do though!
EDIT: I just realized I never updated my sig, so just did so this post makes sense.

(#66)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-11-2020, 08:02 AM

Hey guys, this is my first time using a forum of any kind so please bare with me if I am doing anything wrong. I have an 07 335i with a build date of 04/07. I had a recall done for my high pressure fuel pump done on my car in 2011 and at the time the tech said that my injectors were fine, as I found out by calling the dealership a month ago to see if I qualified for this new recall. Fast forward to today and I have a 6 index 1 injectors that I believe to be leaking. Again, the injectors were NEVER replaced on my car. I have called the dealership twice and BMW NA once and they have told me that they are "unable to add VINs to recalls." Am I out of luck here, or does someone have insight on what my next steps should be? Thank you in advance for anyone who replies.
(#67)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-28-2020, 08:31 AM

Called my local dealership. BMW of Atlantic City. At first she said my car wasnt under the recall... so I emailed her the actual sib. She called me back a little while later and said she brought it to her superior and they said I wasn’t under the warranty. But I did find out that the HPFP was replaced in the past and one injector.
(#68)
Old

Car: 2013 335is
Default 04-29-2020, 07:07 AM

My local dealer just replaced all six of my injectors on my 2013 335is. Didn’t even know mine was affected, but they completed it in one day; no issues.
(#69)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 05-15-2020, 11:46 AM

Has anyone with a 2007 or 2008 335i actually have this recall done this year? my 2007 335 falls under this and i called my dealer and they said since there are no recalls under my vin they will not do anything. My car has a mix of index 2 and index 9 and index 12 injectors in my car. my car fax shows that there was never a recall done for injectors on my car

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw

Last edited by Riceball777; 05-15-2020 at 12:48 PM..
(#70)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Default 05-15-2020, 11:54 PM

I have an 2007 335i as well, are you the original owner? Sounds like a previous owner replaced some of them because mine is still on the original index 1's... From what I was told they never were recalled because they were the best ones next to the index 12's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
Has anyone with a 2007 or 2008 335i actually have this recall done this year? my 2007 335 falls under this and i called my dealer and they said since there are no recalls under my vin they will not do anything. My car has a mix of index 2 and index 9 and index 12 injectors in my car. my car fax shows that there was never a recall done for injectors on my car
(#71)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 05-16-2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beem335i
I have an 2007 335i as well, are you the original owner? Sounds like a previous owner replaced some of them because mine is still on the original index 1's... From what I was told they never were recalled because they were the best ones next to the index 12's.
No I’m not the original owner.

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw