N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamafrayedknot
@Terry - Thoughts on next steps?
I see you emailed in, let's pick it up that way as it will be easier.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#152)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 05-09-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think so, they really improve boost response when you floor it.
This is good to know. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on the EWG wires since I only have access to 91 Octane in my area

Anyone have any info on how difficult access will be to install the EWG control wires in the presence of a HKS BOV kit installed?

Thanx!

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#153)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 05-09-2020, 01:44 PM

Yeah me too. You are the guy that posted pics of your setup on the infinitiq60.org website right?

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#154)
Old

Car: q50
Default 05-09-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V@pors
Yeah me too. You are the guy that posted pics of your setup on the infinitiq60.org website right?
Yep. I was able to keep the tank and pump both under the hood and run the nozzles post A2W. It's a really compact solution.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#155)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-09-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Anyone have any info on how difficult access will be to install the EWG control wires in the presence of a HKS BOV kit installed?

Thanx!
I had to remove the passenger BOV to install
Very easy to do tho. Just loosen the ring clamp and pull it from the couple, along with popping the vacuum line off

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#156)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
I had to remove the passenger BOV to install
Very easy to do tho. Just loosen the ring clamp and pull it from the couple, along with popping the vacuum line off
I think the 1 concern is when you lift off you MAY still have some form of water/meth in the charge pipe that now exits the cold side via the BOVs. While it's technically still possible post HE it would be unlikely because it's so close to the TB and you would have the HE in between the nozzle and BOV acting as a restriction.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#157)
Old

Car: 2016 S6 and 2018 q50
Default 05-09-2020, 05:09 PM

Just installed the FW and EWG connectors last night. Car does feel a little more “squirty”, although limited to bad whether and new brakes to actually go WOT. Feels good so far.

Hoping to get a nice log soon.
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
This is good to know. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on the EWG wires since I only have access to 91 Octane in my area

Thanx!
That I don't know but you could do a trial run to see if you can each/unplug the factory EWG connectors.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#159)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 05-09-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
More confirmation that bit5 disables EWG settings. It worked for me, appears to be universal
Same here.
(#160)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 05:20 PM

Did a few pulls with the EWG connectors and fuel wires on.
Here are some logs.

Terry, what do you think? Any adjustments needed?
Attached Files
File Type: csv EWG and FW.csv (74.4 KB, 59 views)
(#161)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgvr6
Here are some logs.

I hope you won't mind my comments. I do quite a bit of log reviewing on this platform, both JB4 and Ecutek. Were you in manual mode? What octane? Did you have the fuel wires turned on?

Your timing looks ok from about 4500 and up. The dip at 3900 is a bit concerning as its a large drop to a low timing value not at a shift so that has a possibility of being knock. We're still waiting on the knock PID to become available on JB4 like it is on Ecutek.

Your boost curve is very odd with the double hump at the end. The default maps taper down as the turbos run out of breath at about 5500rpms and the requested curve can be seen via the target PID. It says map 3 so it not a custom mapping issue. You shouldn't swing 3 psi like that. What are your EWG settings as that would explain the boost curve?

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Here are some logs.

Seems a bit strange, similar log with options bit5 on to disable EWG? And maybe a map0 log.

Burger Motorsports

(#163)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I hope you won't mind my comments. I do quite a bit of log reviewing on this platform, both JB4 and Ecutek. Were you in manual mode? What octane? Did you have the fuel wires turned on?

Your timing looks ok from about 4500 and up. The dip at 3900 is a bit concerning as its a large drop to a low timing value not at a shift so that has a possibility of being knock. We're still waiting on the knock PID to become available on JB4 like it is on Ecutek.

Your boost curve is very odd with the double hump at the end. The default maps taper down as the turbos run out of breath at about 5500rpms and the requested curve can be seen via the target PID. It says map 3 so it not a custom mapping issue. You shouldn't swing 3 psi like that. What are your EWG settings as that would explain the boost curve?
Definitely donít mind and if anything I appreciate it, Iím still learning.

I was in manual mode and went WOT on 3rd, straight Shell 93 and fuel wires on. I went back and forth playing around with map 3 and 4 but didnít pay attention as it was pretty much random.

Maybe Iíve missed something when setting up the EWG connectors?
Hereís the settings
Also attached my latest log, a quick 1-3 gear pull.

Attached Files
File Type: csv Map3-FW-EWG_93oct.csv (75.0 KB, 46 views)
(#164)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 11:55 PM

I have max boost 1st and max boost 2nd set at a certain psi, is that setting only for map 6 or does it run on all maps? Would that contribute in some of the issues?

Last edited by Dgvr6; 05-13-2020 at 12:01 AM..
(#165)
Old

Default 05-13-2020, 06:27 AM

Your new 1-3 log looks better, if anything the boost is conservative. You're running stock boost in 1/2 and then you can see the target come up in 3rd gear. Would have been good to see the top end of 3rd though since thats where you're first log was acting weird. AFR/timing look better. Anything less than 5* I start to consider as being too low and either up the octane or lower the boost. Your EWG settings look correct. See if you can get another full 3rd gear pull at some point so we can see if that first log was a fluke or is repeatable. You might also try map 0 or 1 for the same 3rd gear pull so we can compare.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#166)
Old

Default 05-13-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Your new 1-3 log looks better, if anything the boost is conservative. You're running stock boost in 1/2 and then you can see the target come up in 3rd gear. Would have been good to see the top end of 3rd though since thats where you're first log was acting weird. AFR/timing look better. Anything less than 5* I start to consider as being too low and either up the octane or lower the boost. Your EWG settings look correct. See if you can get another full 3rd gear pull at some point so we can see if that first log was a fluke or is repeatable. You might also try map 0 or 1 for the same 3rd gear pull so we can compare.
Ahh ok, good to know, now I see why it feels so strong when it shifts into 3rd lol. I agree too, it would be nice to see actual knock logged.. would make life easier.
Iíll get a base run, possibly try to turn on and off the different connectors and see how it effects.

Iím going to fill up at a different station in the meantime and rule out a bad batch of gas.
(#167)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I have max boost 1st and max boost 2nd set at a certain psi, is that setting only for map 6 or does it run on all maps? Would that contribute in some of the issues?
The boost reduction are active for all maps, and it's boost reduced in that gear not a max setting. If set too high will cause all sorts of problems.

Burger Motorsports

(#168)
Old

Default 05-13-2020, 02:24 PM

6.0 and 6.5 means you're decreasing the boost by 6.0 or 6.5 lbs from the peak. So your +7 becomes a +.5 in 2nd gear. Anything below 6.5 and you're pulling boost from the stock psi signal

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#169)
Old

Default 05-13-2020, 09:38 PM

Nice, thanks for clarifying guys ..

Didnít think much of it but it was pulling too much boost from default map settings rather than just map 6.
Set it back to 0 and now can definitely tell the difference that the EWG and FW made. It ďfeelsĒ stronger than the E30 mix and just JB4. Worth the upgrade.

Going to have to probably dial some boost back to gain some traction on first gear while I wait on the PS4S lol.
(#170)
Old

Default 05-14-2020, 05:49 PM

I'm glad we got our own thread.. the Kia guys seem to be having quite a tough time working around for car's restrictions

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#171)
Old

Default 05-15-2020, 04:02 AM

At the end of the day it's still a Kia....just like the Bummer guys say at the end of the day it's still a Nissan

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#172)
Old

Default 05-15-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Seems a bit strange, similar log with options bit5 on to disable EWG? And maybe a map0 log.
Terry, I did multiple 3rd gear pulls to get a base as requested. These pulls are on shell 93 octane (with liquid moly jectron) to clean the fuel system and traction on. Not sure if it’ll make a difference but thought I’d disclose it.

Logs are as follows:

1: Map 2 EWG on - notice the low speed pre ignition, started at 2k (never doing that again)
2: Map 0 EWG on
3: Map 0 EWG off
4: Map 3 EWG off
5: Map 3 EWG on
6: Map 3 EWG on FW off

7: Last is a first gear pull on map 3 that should be ignored, just testing traction. Traction control is off here.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Multiple 3rd gear pulls.csv (61.3 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Dgvr6; 05-15-2020 at 10:12 PM..
(#173)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 05-16-2020, 01:57 PM

Wow, just got my EWG installed (and that passenger side was a royal pain), and it is like a rocket ship. I added 2.0 as a boost limit to my first gear and 1.0 in second, and with my custom Map 6 and the fuel wires on my '16 Redsport AWD, its still is a bear to handle from a stop.

I lowered the FF to 45, but should I be adjusting the gain maps in the lower RPMs to something other than 50, so I can try the FF back up to 50 or even 55? Just trying to figure out the best way to fine tune this. I will pull logs once I get it set (not sure I wanted to pull a log with the FF set to 45 if that wasn't the right way to do it...)
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2020, 02:10 PM

You can use FF to globally adjust WGDC and thus boost aggressiveness. Most are fine on values up to 60.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 05-16-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You can use FF to globally adjust WGDC and thus boost aggressiveness. Most are fine on values up to 60.
At FF set to 50 it was a little too aggressive from a stop (but it was great in the upper gears and right after shifting), so I can bump it back up from the 45 to 50 or 55 and increase the Boost limit by gear to dial back some of the boost in 1st and second from a stop; or would adjusting the duty bias between 1500 and 2500 to something lower, say 40 be a better adjustment? Just tryingto understand how to adjust this to my tastes a little more!

Great job with the EWG controls, it makes it super responsive!

Thanks!