N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW Z4 3.5is
Default Need Advice For Tuning - 12-19-2019, 07:34 AM

Hello

Firstly thank for the all info that you provide in this forum it helps a lot.

I get 2 logs today and posting it now i dont know i did it wrong maybe. Can you check them and tell me is there something wrong.

AT MAP 5 Everything is OK after 4gear car pass to safe map 4

AT MAP6 first time in this car i get misfire from 5 and 6 cylinder but no turn to safe map after ı delete the code everyting seems normal.

I think i am missing something about JB4 after ı installed the PI kit. If you enlight me about what i am missing i will be glad.

The car is 2012 E89 35is

Mods

Pheonix Racing Manifold with PI 750cc Injectors
BMS PI Controller
VARGAS GC 2.0
MHD BEF IJEOS_HYBRID_E85_PI
BMS 2" OUTLETS
BMS 7" FMIC
BMS DUAL CONE AIR FILTER
BMS OCC Both Side
WALBRO 530 PUMP (Installed today after PI car give 29F1 error now its ok)
N20 3.5BAR TMAP SENSOR
NGK 2step colder

I have meth kit but ı didnt use it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-19 15_16_50_Map-5.csv (183.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-19 15_22_49_Map-6.csv (32.8 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by fehimtr; 12-19-2019 at 08:23 AM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 12-19-2019, 10:55 PM

Hey,

So a little bit more info is needed:

Are you using full e85?
I’m assuming you are using our pi controller?

Take a log in map 1 or 2 first...

2k to redline, WOT, traction off in 3rd gear

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-19-2019, 11:37 PM

Ok i will send it today.

I was running e30 while i took these logs. If ıts needed ı can ıncrease it as well.

Also i forgot to say there is no fuel regulator and return line on the PI fuel rail.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-20-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehimtr
Ok i will send it today.

I was running e30 while i took these logs. If ıts needed ı can ıncrease it as well.

Also i forgot to say there is no fuel regulator and return line on the PI fuel rail.
No FPR/ return is okay for your setup

Keep fuel the same for now, just take proper logs in map 1

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-23-2019, 09:14 AM

I got new log today.

MAP 2 WOT with sport+ mode E45 fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-23 17_15_24_Map-2.csv (23.0 KB, 46 views)
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-24-2019, 12:26 PM

Your LPFP value is pegged @ 84- LPFP sensor is likely shot

Few timing corrections but so far looks to be solid.

Let’s get your sensor fixed so we know what’s going on on the LPFP side, before we turn up

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 12-25-2019, 02:37 AM

As you now there is no LPFP sensor in Z4 ı dont know what i am going to do about it.

After installation of WALBRO 530 car gives error about when shut down the engine and start back. It says INADAPTABLE PUMP and than ıts gona never show up again.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-26-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
As you now there is no LPFP sensor in Z4 ı dont know what i am going to do about it.

After installation of WALBRO 530 car gives error about when shut down the engine and start back. It says INADAPTABLE PUMP and than ıts gona never show up again.
Ohhhh youíve got a z4- disregard. Will just keep an eye on your trims & HPFP pressure.

Where is the LPFP from?

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 12-26-2019, 05:15 PM

Its Walbro 530 i bought from local dealer its suitable with ethanol.

My goal is 750whp i think my setup is ok for that. But i dont know where is the problem or is there a problem? Actually i dont care about break the engine when i break it i am gonna do the forged built.

So how i gonna increase the hp because when i put it into dyno setup was the same except PI fuel: E20 map:5 it produce 380hp it was like joke.

Orginally its 340hp already ıt was a mustang dyno but i dont care which brand is or with correction it was 450hp some think like that but should be more more than 380.
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-27-2019, 09:45 PM

Hey- where you wanting to stay at e30 for fuel, or eventually bump up to full e?

Will have to see where the LPFP gives out, if 700+ is the goal on full e85, i have a feeling you’ll need a dual pump setup, but we can see where we fall.

Decide on fuel mixture & we can go from there

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 12-28-2019, 01:56 AM

I am not sure about full E but E50 is ok for me and also its easy to prepare.

In future maybe i can increase a little bit but for dual pump i dont know i can do that.

I already have second pump 430 different from the oriiginal pump. I can put it but there is no space in bucket and wiring and hoses are another issue to fix so its a little bit hard for me now. maybe if there is no chance to hit 700whp i can try it.
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Ok for now why don’t we keep the fuel around e50...

Get me a solid log with the fuel of your choice & we can adjust from there.

We can start either with map 6, or even map 7- just to see how everything looks & turn up

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 01-03-2020, 03:09 PM

I am gonna load several logs today.

This one is seperate from the others.

Its MAP2 with E65 fuel. End of the run ıts switch to the MAP 4 again.

And also METH gauge is always 0
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_27_42_Map-2.csv (29.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by fehimtr; 01-04-2020 at 07:21 AM..
(#14)
Old

Default 01-03-2020, 03:12 PM

And these are the other logs mix.

One of them i got misfire.

And every each run end up with MAP4
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_25_00_Map-6.csv (35.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_24_20_Map-6.csv (121.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_17_32_Map-6.csv (36.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_19_00_Map-7.csv (35.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_25_51_Map-5.csv (21.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_20_01_Map-5.csv (43.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-04 00_16_03_Map-5.csv (16.8 KB, 45 views)
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-04-2020, 10:26 AM

Your going into map 4 due to fuel pressure- in your logs your hpfp value, tanks, trims max.

We need to decide on fuel. You mention e50? Is that what we are sticking with?

Are you getting a meth trace line? We need to make sure your pi is turning on too.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 01-04-2020, 12:02 PM

I am gonna mix Torco T58 %50 with Pump fuel.

There is no meth trace i plug to 15 input. But no signal i think or there is a setup issue ı am not sure PI is work i am gonna un plug one incejtor and start to engine to look i dont not how ı am gonna sure about it.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-04-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I am gonna mix Torco T58 %50 with Pump fuel.

There is no meth trace i plug to 15 input. But no signal i think or there is a setup issue ı am not sure PI is work i am gonna un plug one incejtor and start to engine to look i dont not how ı am gonna sure about it.
If you arenít getting a meth trade line- your PI isnít turning on.

Check your wiring first, to rule that out.

Once thatís confirmed good, you can always double check / reflash the PI Hybrid BEF to be safe.

Then re log once you can confirm all is set / good

Burger Motorsports