N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default Codes after mosfet repair - 07-24-2019, 06:46 PM

Had all 6 mosfets replaced since 1 2 3 got fried after 12yrs on my 07 335i. Installed ecu, put battery cable back on and then went inside car to clear dme codes via mhd, as well as other parameters. Started the car and has a very choppy idle. Turned car off reset codes once again and throttle values, press gas for 30 seconds to relearn and still nothing.

Pulled codes 2cf9,2cfa, 2d09, 2d1d

Checked throttle body main power connection, it was on, removed it and blew inside it and reconnected, no diffrence. Pulled battery cable off for 10min, no diffrence. Rechecked ecu connection, everything is fine

Is my throttle body magically taking a dump after mosfets got replaced? I did drive it home maybe 2 miles after mosfets fried as I was around the corner from the house.

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Fbo with Cpi tuned at e55
Jsr Custom tuned

Last edited by mojo20032004; 07-24-2019 at 07:02 PM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-24-2019, 10:22 PM

Description of codes?

Could just be a coincidence? Although i don’t see the TB dying often tbh

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-25-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Description of codes?

Could just be a coincidence? Although i don’t see the TB dying often tbh
2cf9. -Throttle valve potentiometer 1
2cfa Throttle valve potentiometer 2
2cfb. Throttle valve adaption value
2d09. Throttle
2d1d. Accelerator-pedal module pedal, position sensor 1 voltage supply

Will remove throttle body to check connectors as well as the internal mechanism

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Jsr Custom tuned

Last edited by mojo20032004; 07-25-2019 at 04:57 AM..
(#4)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 07:24 AM

Bump!

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Jsr Custom tuned
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-27-2019, 09:14 AM

Did removing the throttle body net you anything?

Could do a throttle reset / follow that process & see if that helps?

Diagnosing a hardware issue can be a bit tough online even with codes, although assuming the mofsets were replaced correctly- I still think it may just be an odd / bad timing on the throttle codes

I’d first physical inspect, confirm all is ok..

Next do reset & proceed from there

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Did removing the throttle body net you anything?

Could do a throttle reset / follow that process & see if that helps?

Diagnosing a hardware issue can be a bit tough online even with codes, although assuming the mofsets were replaced correctly- I still think it may just be an odd / bad timing on the throttle codes

Id first physical inspect, confirm all is ok..

Next do reset & proceed from there
All that was tried and didn't work. Ended up being a bent pin on the ecu causing a short

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Jsr Custom tuned
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-28-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo20032004
All that was tried and didn't work. Ended up being a bent pin on the ecu causing a short

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default 09-03-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo20032004
Had all 6 mosfets replaced since 1 2 3 got fried after 12yrs on my 07 335i. Installed ecu, put battery cable back on and then went inside car to clear dme codes via mhd, as well as other parameters. Started the car and has a very choppy idle. Turned car off reset codes once again and throttle values, press gas for 30 seconds to relearn and still nothing.

Pulled codes 2cf9,2cfa, 2d09, 2d1d

Checked throttle body main power connection, it was on, removed it and blew inside it and reconnected, no diffrence. Pulled battery cable off for 10min, no diffrence. Rechecked ecu connection, everything is fine

Is my throttle body magically taking a dump after mosfets got replaced? I did drive it home maybe 2 miles after mosfets fried as I was around the corner from the house.
Aside from the bent pin issue, would you recommend the place you got the MOSFET's replaced? How much was it to get done? Which MOSFET's did they install? Would you share in PM where you got it done?
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-03-2019, 12:10 PM

Mosfet replacement can be done at any small electronic repair store- locally most charge $30-$50 bucks + parts

Burger Motorsports