N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3776)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 02-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's not having a huge effect here as fuel trims are so high to start with they are pulling AFR leaner, on an E85 mix I presume? But seems to be working as intended. I see the algorithm kick in towards the end of the run.
Hi terry. I was looking at this log and I thought he hasnít enabled bit0 but youíre saying his fuel wires are functional. I have my logs on e30 and 91 and I can clearly see AFRs 12.xx at WOT consistently. What could be causing the OPís afr to go lean?
(#3777)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Hi terry. I was looking at this log and I thought he hasnít enabled bit0 but youíre saying his fuel wires are functional. I have my logs on e30 and 91 and I can clearly see AFRs 12.xx at WOT consistently. What could be causing the OPís afr to go lean?
The JB4 is running a closed loop PID based fuel system on each bank. It won't make any adjustments IF AFR is already above it's target, due to say cold weather, high target, and/or E85 mixtures. RS and SS models have different AFR targets as do flashed cars, so the JB4 algorithm is able to effectively tell the difference between all of them and tune it to the desired target automatically.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3778)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Terry,
Just watched your video on youtube for the anti-lag and 2 step on the N54. Any plans on adding that feature for the Q?
(#3779)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2019, 09:50 AM

It's trickier as we don't have full free flash control yet on the Q. Maybe at some point when better flashing tools come out so we can write a solid back end flash map.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3780)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-10-2019, 08:27 AM

Morning @Terry,

Did some pulls yesterday (Happy to report I was demolishing a Q60 that has Ecutek tune, custom CAI and BOVs). After the pulls I fueled back up on e30. Car was running jerky on map 7 for a while immediately after fueling up then seemed to normalize after about 2 highway miles. I didn't capture the jerkiness with logging but did capture the normalized driving. Can you check this log to see if anything is alarming? Couldn't go WOT as much as I wanted to, but hopefully there is enough attempts on there to get a reading. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1549812284850_0_2019-02-09 17_48_49_Map-7.csv (277.8 KB, 118 views)

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#3781)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 02-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Terry,

Is there any way you can lean out AFRs with fuel control to run as close to stoichiometric (14.7) as possible?
(#3782)
Old

Car: q50
Default 02-10-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStern85
Terry,

Is there any way you can lean out AFRs with fuel control to run as close to stoichiometric (14.7) as possible?
The fuel wires only kick in at WOT...where you do NOT want to be at 14.7. outside of WOT the car is already targeting 14.7.
(#3783)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 02-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Hi Terry,

Finally got the fuel wires installed yesterday. 2016 RS. 93 Octane. Please take a look at this log when you get a sec. Thanks for everything.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-09 15_44_44 Map-6.csv (8.5 KB, 123 views)
(#3784)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSORS400
Hi Terry,

Finally got the fuel wires installed yesterday. 2016 RS. 93 Octane. Please take a look at this log when you get a sec. Thanks for everything.
Looks good to me, the fueling changes are much more dramatic on the RS cars as they run richer from the factory.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3785)
Old

Default 02-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Morning @Terry,

Did some pulls yesterday (Happy to report I was demolishing a Q60 that has Ecutek tune, custom CAI and BOVs). After the pulls I fueled back up on e30. Car was running jerky on map 7 for a while immediately after fueling up then seemed to normalize after about 2 highway miles. I didn't capture the jerkiness with logging but did capture the normalized driving. Can you check this log to see if anything is alarming? Couldn't go WOT as much as I wanted to, but hopefully there is enough attempts on there to get a reading. Thanks
Can you check my log please?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1549812284850_0_2019-02-09 17_48_49_Map-7.csv (277.8 KB, 104 views)

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#3786)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-10-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Looks good to me, the fueling changes are much more dramatic on the RS cars as they run richer from the factory.
Which bring up an interesting question - as BMS has tackled the AFR side of the equation, what are the options for adjusting timing (if any) being investigated?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#3787)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Can you check my log please?
Runs are short but seems lean, maybe a fuel trim issue? What fuel? Let's see a longer run on map5.

Burger Motorsports

(#3788)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Which bring up an interesting question - as BMS has tackled the AFR side of the equation, what are the options for adjusting timing (if any) being investigated?
We've working on IAT spoofing for timing adjustment beyond what we do now with the octane adaptions. But the next thing we need is to crack direct electronic wastegate control, IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#3789)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Broke the WMI discussion and info to a new thread: JB4 Q50 Q60 VR30 Water/Meth (WMI) Dyno Info - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#3790)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 02-10-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
It's trickier as we don't have full free flash control yet on the Q. Maybe at some point when better flashing tools come out so we can write a solid back end flash map.
What exactly you mean by better flashing tool? How does that work?

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#3791)
Old

Default 02-11-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Runs are short but seems lean, maybe a fuel trim issue? What fuel? Let's see a longer run on map5.
93 oct with e85 for an ~e30 blend. I'll do some hard pulls today on Map 5. Thanks a lot

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#3792)
Old

Car: 18 Q50 Luxe AWD
Default 02-11-2019, 07:41 AM

I got my JB4 Friday. got it installed on my Q50 awd luxe... loaded a conservative map 6 for my 93 octane. did some data logs. spark advance slowly walks up until the shift. afr between 11.9 and 12.5. I read through a hundred pages or so of this thread. watched various videos on youtube and so far no one has detailed how E85 works with this platform -- just big power can be made with it. My goal is 375whp awd

My question is, how do people tune for the "E30" with JB4? When i had a mazdaspeed with a cobb tuner i would data log, calibrate my MAF, then flash a map that adjusts fuel trims.
(#3793)
Old

Default 02-11-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons252
I got my JB4 Friday. got it installed on my Q50 awd luxe... loaded a conservative map 6 for my 93 octane. did some data logs. spark advance slowly walks up until the shift. afr between 11.9 and 12.5. I read through a hundred pages or so of this thread. watched various videos on youtube and so far no one has detailed how E85 works with this platform -- just big power can be made with it. My goal is 375whp awd

My question is, how do people tune for the "E30" with JB4? When i had a mazdaspeed with a cobb tuner i would data log, calibrate my MAF, then flash a map that adjusts fuel trims.
There is no "tuning for XX% ethanol". You are simply relying on closed loop wideband fuel correction of the factory computer to add enough fuel to get you back to your target AFR. It's a bandaid but works up to a reasonable amount of ethanol. Can't just go and dump E85 in an empty tank.
(#3794)
Old

Default 02-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
two logs, first one was able to go WOT for quite a good stretch. After that run, I realized that upgrading to firmware 7 turned the bit0 setting off and I haven't been using my fuel wires for days

2nd log is with bit0 re-enabled and a little WOT time. the jerkiness returned on log 2. I think I need to drop down to e20
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-11 11_36_54_Map-5.csv (86.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-11 11_54_31_Map-5.csv (179.0 KB, 165 views)

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#3795)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 02-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
two logs, first one was able to go WOT for quite a good stretch. After that run, I realized that upgrading to firmware 7 turned the bit0 setting off and I haven't been using my fuel wires for days

2nd log is with bit0 re-enabled and a little WOT time. the jerkiness returned on log 2. I think I need to drop down to e20
In my case I've found that the stock LPFP cannot supply enough fuel to run E30 reliably. Your first log looks ok although a bit on the lean side. The second log is kind of a cluster. It looks way too lean but I don't see how enabling the fuel wires would cause such a dramatic change for the worse, all other things being equal, unless you're having some issues with the hardware/installation.
(#3796)
Old

Default 02-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
.... But the next thing we need is to crack direct electronic wastegate control, IMHO.
Terry, can you expound on the above? Why do you think direct WG control is the next item on the list?
(#3797)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default 02-11-2019, 07:15 PM

I read Post #3755 regarding FutureUseD Bit7 on smoothing boost control as a function of pedal input. When I enabled it, it is set at a default of 129? Is this the correct setting. Any additional info on this new setting would be appreciated. Thanks.

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro
(#3798)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50
Exclamation JB4 new fuel lines upgrade - 02-11-2019, 07:40 PM

quick question for you guys at BMS, I just installed my fuel wires and I was wondering how to even use them, from turning on the feature to adjusting the settings. my JB4 is updated to v7 and fuel wires are installed as directed.
I understood from a member I need to enable bit0 on map6 but how about other maps? can I adjust AFR on others or is that still a locked feature? would love an explanation on how this works and how to make it work best for me
(#3799)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datQfitty
quick question for you guys at BMS, I just installed my fuel wires and I was wondering how to even use them, from turning on the feature to adjusting the settings. my JB4 is updated to v7 and fuel wires are installed as directed.
I understood from a member I need to enable bit0 on map6 but how about other maps? can I adjust AFR on others or is that still a locked feature? would love an explanation on how this works and how to make it work best for me
Turning on the fuel wire function has already been covered multiple times. It has nothing to do with map 6. Turn on future use D bit 0 and it will work for all maps. We still haven't gotten additional info on V7 about how to adjust the fuel mapping other than setting future use D it 1 on and a default value is 50. I've asked multiple times about how does 50 correlate to AFR and the scaling but haven't received a response.

JB4_VR30_OBDII_6:

1) Added support for JB4 fuel control wires. To enable install wires to JB4 and set FutureUseD bit0 on. Once enabled you'll see "fuel enrichment" dynamically adjust in JB4 logs as it drives AFR up to the revised targets. Setting bit0 on WITHOUT the fuel wire will not negatively effect anything, but AFR readings in logs will not be accurate.
2) Added beep confirmation indicator when changing maps. Car should beep the number of map selected.
3) Added beep confirmation indicator when saving settings. Car will double beep when saving.
(#3800)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 06:38 AM

@Terry, I selected the E85 gauge yesterday while playing with my main display. The gauge reads 31. I am on am E blend, how accurate would you say this gauge is?

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46