N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3651)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 01-30-2019, 10:32 PM

Terry i was checking out your post about the fuel wires and read you can get up to 15-20whp which is really good and makes the $30 worth spending on it. But the thing I’m trying to understand is, how do you adjust it? I know you can do it through the jb4 app but what do you adjust? How do you adjust it correctly for your current map? What do i have to look at? Is it suppose to be high low? I’m not sure if you can understand what i mean

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)

Last edited by g0t2bmiirii; 01-30-2019 at 10:43 PM..
(#3652)
Old

Car: q50
Default 01-31-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What fuel? Your fuel trims are already high due to the cold weather, so there is less work for the fuel wires to do at least during this specific log.
93 straight pump. I agree about already fuel trims. AFR stayed steady at 12.5 do it's definitely working.
(#3653)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 01-31-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Terry i was checking out your post about the fuel wires and read you can get up to 15-20whp which is really good and makes the $30 worth spending on it. But the thing Iím trying to understand is, how do you adjust it? I know you can do it through the jb4 app but what do you adjust? How do you adjust it correctly for your current map? What do i have to look at? Is it suppose to be high low? Iím not sure if you can understand what i mean
Same, I know of the setting you enable in the Settings after install but am a bit lost after that as to what to adjust after that

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#3654)
Old

Default 01-31-2019, 08:32 AM

There's nothing to adjust. Once you hook up the wires and turn on future use d bit 0 that's it. You end up with a new AFR. A future update may make the target AFR adjustable. Right now it's set to 12.5.
(#3655)
Old

Car: Q50 Sport
Default 01-31-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Just had the jb4 act up on me. The throttle Wasnít moving or going anywhere. Was punching the gas pedal and it was slowly going up the RPMS like really slow. I unplugged it and put it back to normal the car and it started working fine. I donít know if it was a loose wire or the jb4 stopped working correctly. I had no check engine lights or anything
I've been having the exact same issue on and off since I installed the JB4 (happened omw home from work today)... Few other people on the Q FB group also... Something is def happening.
(#3656)
Old

Default 01-31-2019, 03:52 PM

Check the harness for thr obd2. Not the aide that plugs into the under dash port, buy the other side. Seems like the pins have loosened over time for me and others.
(#3657)
Old

Default 01-31-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Check the harness for thr obd2. Not the aide that plugs into the under dash port, buy the other side. Seems like the pins have loosened over time for me and others.
Running a brand new cable that BMS sent me to replace the defective one my JB4 shipped with. Only been on the car for about 2 months (if that.) This happened with both cables.
(#3658)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotTheJuice
Running a brand new cable that BMS sent me to replace the defective one my JB4 shipped with. Only been on the car for about 2 months (if that.) This happened with both cables.
If it's not the OBDII cable then it's the harness. We can swap it out for you, just email in to support.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3659)
Old

Default 01-31-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
If it's not the OBDII cable then it's the harness. We can swap it out for you, just email in to support.
Emailed support, Also going to grab the Fuel Wires once we get the power loss sorted. Thanks Terry!
(#3660)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-31-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I'm actually working on it right now .

Can't give any secrets away though, but it will be released in a month.

Full kit for the Q50 will be ready for all soon enough.
Great news! Payam, what kind of gains can we expect form the meth kit on a Rs with FBO?
(#3661)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-01-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esco
Great news! Payam, what kind of gains can we expect form the meth kit on a Rs with FBO?
Hopefully will have some numbers in by next week. We'll be showing the meth kit working with full data and pictures. Really clean and simple install that's fully reversible. That's the best part, along with the power gains

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3662)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-01-2019, 06:57 AM

Impressed with BMS customer service being displayed in here. Glad I am teamed up with you all. Will be also getting BMS intakes soon

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#3663)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 RS AWD
Default 02-01-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotTheJuice
I've been having the exact same issue on and off since I installed the JB4 (happened omw home from work today)... Few other people on the Q FB group also... Something is def happening.
Been having the same problem on and off for months. Very annoying. Sometimes accompanied by p0300 code with idle at 1200rpm. Then, after a few key starts it's back to normal, no loose wiring. Hope it gets resolved, runs horrible at these times. With kids and life it's hard to find time to contact customer service. Thanks.

2018 Q50 RS400 AWD (w/Sport Mufflers)

Loving the ride...
(#3664)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsRamAir
Been having the same problem on and off for months. Very annoying. Sometimes accompanied by p0300 code with idle at 1200rpm. Then, after a few key starts it's back to normal, no loose wiring. Hope it gets resolved, runs horrible at these times. With kids and life it's hard to find time to contact customer service. Thanks.
One thing I know is it's not going to fix itself. p0300 is a misfire fault, not a sensor connectivity fault. Does the issue come up on map0 also? If you suspect the JB4 have us swap the harness for you to rule it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#3665)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 03:34 PM

Couple teaser shots of today's project.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3666)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 02-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
There's nothing to adjust. Once you hook up the wires and turn on future use d bit 0 that's it. You end up with a new AFR. A future update may make the target AFR adjustable. Right now it's set to 12.5.
Alright you get a new AFR. Now where does the horsepower gain come from? Increasing your boost? Or with just that wire your gonna gain more power because of the new AFR? Please forgive me for the 21 questions as Iím new to the jb4 as itís my first car using a jb4.

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#3667)
Old

Default 02-01-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Alright you get a new AFR. Now where does the horsepower gain come from? Increasing your boost? Or with just that wire your gonna gain more power because of the new AFR? Please forgive me for the 21 questions as Iím new to the jb4 as itís my first car using a jb4.
The hp gain comes from leaning out the AFR since the stock AFR target is richerthan the new 12.5 target. I still think we need adjustable AFR target since we all run different boost and fuel levels, but for now this is a nice addition.
(#3668)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Couple teaser shots of today's project.
Woop woop!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3669)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
Default Fuel Wire Install - 02-01-2019, 05:54 PM

Terry,

Got my fuel wires installed and was just wondering if you could take a look at these new logs for me. One is a 0-60 pull and the other is a 3rd gear pull. 91 Octane, ~4600 ft elevation, ambient temp ~52 F*

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the exception that, like others, my AFR's go kind of crazy after letting off the throttle. I believe you were looking into this as to whether a software fix might be needed.

I Installed the Z1/HKS BOV kit at the same time as the Fuel Wire Kit. Looks like your new Meth Kit will go into the intake at the same exact place where my BOV's are located? I hope I didn't just accidentally take myself out of the running for the meth kit by installing BOV's.

Thanks in advance for your awesome tech support and development of all the goodies for the VR30!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-01 14_13_07 Map-6.csv (6.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-01 14_07_05 Map-6.csv (12.3 KB, 59 views)

2017 Q60 RS400 AWD Midnight Black/Monaco Red
AMS Cold Air Intake | AMS Heat Exchanger | AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
Blackview DR750s-2CH camera system| Blackview Power Magic Pro

Last edited by V@pors; 02-01-2019 at 06:41 PM..
(#3670)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V@pors
Terry,

Got my fuel wires installed and was just wondering if you could take a look at these new logs for me. One is a 0-60 pull and the other is a 3rd gear pull.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the exception that, like others, my AFR's go kind of crazy after letting off the throttle. I believe you were looking into this as to whether a software fix might be needed.

I Installed the Z1/HKS BOV kit at the same time as the Fuel Wire Kit. Looks like your new Meth Kit will go into the intake at the same exact place where my BOV's are located? I hope I didn't just accidentally take myself out of the running for the meth kit by installing BOV's.

Thanks in advance for your awesome tech support and development of all the goodies for the VR30!!
Logs look good! Yes, our WMI kit will use the same spot. WMI adds power, BOV adds noise, so you'll have to pick your poison on that.

On AFR logging off throttle yes it's a just a logging bug I'll fix, hopefully this weekend weather permitting!

Burger Motorsports

(#3671)
Old

Default 02-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Logs look good! Yes, our WMI kit will use the same spot. WMI adds power, BOV adds noise, so you'll have to pick your poison on that.

On AFR logging off throttle yes it's a just a logging bug I'll fix, hopefully this weekend weather permitting!
Wow, thank you for the prompt response! Yeah, I have a tough decision to make there, especially since all I can get here is 91 octane, no ethanol

BMS JB4 w/Fuel & EWG Wires | Z1/HKS BOV kit | Fast Intentions catted FDP's | HKS Legamax CBE | Mishimoto OCC
Z1 2-piece rotors | HRE FF04 10x20" front 11x20" rear rims | Pirelli PZero PZ4 tires 265/35/20 x 305/30/20
(#3672)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 SilverSport
Default 02-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Terry @BMS I'm trying to purchase the Fuel wires and unfortunately I'm in california... any way around this? Will call maybe?
(#3673)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_los
Terry @BMS I'm trying to purchase the Fuel wires and unfortunately I'm in california... any way around this? Will call maybe?
Sadly for legal reasons we can't help you. We're working on CARB approval for our Q50 tuning lineup but do not have it yet. Until we have it we ship anything in to CA. Been fined before and that wasn't fun.

Burger Motorsports

(#3674)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default 02-01-2019, 07:56 PM

So with the Fuel Wires, I have them connected correctly (I Think) but my RS sits at 14.25 most of the time. I have the correct setting checked in the app (confirmed again). What could I be doing wrong?
(#3675)
Old

Default 02-01-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherk947
So with the Fuel Wires, I have them connected correctly (I Think) but my RS sits at 14.25 most of the time. I have the correct setting checked in the app (confirmed again). What could I be doing wrong?
I'm not an expert but others will weigh in I'm sure.

My RS does too. It is only at WOT that the AFR will approach 12.5