N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: 335xi 2008
Default 03-23-2018, 11:39 AM

On instruction #4... you write flash ´stage 0´Before and after bef? ..what is that? I cannot go directly take bef?

Where is this stage 0 ?

Thanks

'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB4 G5 iso|MHD bef Race|Hexon rr600|inlets|stage 2 fuel pump|N20 tmap 3.5|Chargepipe|Diverter valve|RB pcvalve|BMS Meth kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP|BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|HELIX fmic|CDV|H&R coilover|10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, before new turbo and inlets...new results soon...11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph 7.9,
(#427)
Old

Car: Bicycle
Default 03-23-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader
On instruction #4... you write flash ´stage 0´Before and after bef? ..what is that? I cannot go directly take bef?

Where is this stage 0 ?

Thanks
Stock map operations. It’s the one that says Flash Stage 0 (stock power). It flashes the stock map but the MHD remains installed.

It sounds very similar to the way an iPhone gets a soft jailbreak.
(#428)
Old

Default 03-23-2018, 01:00 PM

Ok thanks I have found stage 0

But problem... mhd connect with my car... all seem ok but after 15 minute I see no time left on screen like my n54 . I suppose tablet freeze... I go back on tablet and mhd app ask if I want to abort flash... I say no but afert again 20 min...nothing... I back again and this time I say yes abort.

Now if I want re flash... app write ... waiting for last task to complete...

What I must doing now? If I stop all...my truck will restart?

I need help now...my truck is on charger and tablet plug on truck... I don t want to broke my dme

Helpppp

Thanks

For info...x3 pwg n55

'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB4 G5 iso|MHD bef Race|Hexon rr600|inlets|stage 2 fuel pump|N20 tmap 3.5|Chargepipe|Diverter valve|RB pcvalve|BMS Meth kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP|BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|HELIX fmic|CDV|H&R coilover|10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, before new turbo and inlets...new results soon...11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph 7.9,
(#429)
Old

Car: Bicycle
Default 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader
Ok thanks I have found stage 0

But problem... mhd connect with my car... all seem ok but after 15 minute I see no time left on screen like my n54 . I suppose tablet freeze... I go back on tablet and mhd app ask if I want to abort flash... I say no but afert again 20 min...nothing... I back again and this time I say yes abort.

Now if I want re flash... app write ... waiting for last task to complete...

What I must doing now? If I stop all...my truck will restart?

I need help now...my truck is on charger and tablet plug on truck... I don t want to broke my dme

Helpppp

Thanks

For info...x3 pwg n55
My suggestion would be to try another android device. Start there. It's a general rule of thumb that any device that gets physical ROM flashed & interrupted mid-way will result in an unusable electronic device no matter what it is. It's always a gamble to do what we do. Don't forget that.
(#430)
Old

Default 03-23-2018, 02:05 PM

Ok all ok now... the cable stop to work.

Car don t start...replug cable...reflash all and now all work... ouf

Thanks

(#431)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default 03-23-2018, 10:26 PM

Had a lengthy road trip today and managed to get a few logs running E30 and E40 mixes with JB4 Map 5 and S55 RACE BEF rev11.

Car felt great the entire trip. But, it always seems like logs show boost values run slightly under target. Is this within the normal range of variability?

Also, I still can't seem to get the duty bias auto-learning by RPM to function properly. All values remain at 50, despite ensuring latest firmware and proper FUD bits are enabled.

2016 F82 M4 / Sakhir Orange / Black extended leather / Opti-Coat Pro
NGK 1-step colder, 0.020" / BMC drop-in, carbon delete / Injen intake & CPs / AR Design catt'd down / AA mid
LCI rear light retrofit / AutoTecknic front splitters / Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler / 3D Design rear diffuser
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/285 35-19 / BMS ceramic black exhaust tips / Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)

Last edited by TideMD; 03-23-2018 at 10:43 PM..
(#432)
Old

Default 03-24-2018, 09:58 AM

Any one face a problem while flashing the RACE BEF for EWG n55 ?
(#433)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD
Had a lengthy road trip today and managed to get a few logs running E30 and E40 mixes with JB4 Map 5 and S55 RACE BEF rev11.

Car felt great the entire trip. But, it always seems like logs show boost values run slightly under target. Is this within the normal range of variability?

Also, I still can't seem to get the duty bias auto-learning by RPM to function properly. All values remain at 50, despite ensuring latest firmware and proper FUD bits are enabled.
Logs look as expected for RACE_11. On the duty bias learning, sure you have the latest JB4 firmware loaded? Say T12?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#434)
Old

Default 03-24-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Logs look as expected for RACE_11. On the duty bias learning, sure you have the latest JB4 firmware loaded? Say T12?
Yep. Even repeated the firmware update a few days ago, just to make sure.

NGK 1-step colder, 0.020" / BMC drop-in, carbon delete / Injen intake & CPs / AR Design catt'd down / AA mid
LCI rear light retrofit / AutoTecknic front splitters / Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler / 3D Design rear diffuser
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/285 35-19 / BMS ceramic black exhaust tips / Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)
(#435)
Old

Default 03-26-2018, 05:10 PM

All run bef with jb4 iso ? Or some run std jb4? Pwg for sure

Thanks

(#436)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2018, 05:51 PM

For PWG requires ISO.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#437)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-27-2018, 08:07 AM

Terry, I changed FOL to 0. Looks like afr goes super rich at tip in, figured it would be the opposite with fol lower?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-03-23 18_09_45.csv (12.5 KB, 113 views)
(#438)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2018, 08:18 AM

Not sure what's going on there but don't see how it could be an accurate reading.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#439)
Old

Default 03-27-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not sure what's going on there but don't see how it could be an accurate reading.
I just had to change the rear O2, it was faulty. Dealer changed it out, but that was 2 or 3 weeks ago, does it need to adapt? Also, what is the meth reading, I dont have meth anymore. I didnt even notice it before.
(#440)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 03-27-2018, 08:57 AM

Is anyone unable to read codes after flashing the MHD BEF? I installed yesterday and everything went fine, in fact it feels amazing but today when the CEL came on, I couldn't read the codes but was able to clear them.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#441)
Old

Default 03-27-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Is anyone unable to read codes after flashing the MHD BEF? I installed yesterday and everything went fine, in fact it feels amazing but today when the CEL came on, I couldn't read the codes but was able to clear them.
Have you updated the newest ISO T8 firmware, looks like they fixed a fault code bug.
(#442)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 03-27-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear
Have you updated the newest ISO T8 firmware, looks like they fixed a fault code bug.
Yep, I have everything up to date.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
We deleted some faults from the BEF like under boost but it didn't work right and the CEL still appears, but no codes show when reading. We'll reverse the changes next release and hopefully MHD comes up with a better mechanism for us to remove those false alarm fault codes.

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2018, 06:06 PM

Made some minor changes to the S55 maps I could use a log or two on before I post. Email me if you have time to test them out!

Burger Motorsports

(#445)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 03-28-2018, 10:47 AM

What is the use of the switch on OBD
Attached Images

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo DP-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#446)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 03-28-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55Tech
Since the release of mhd beta I have decided to test all available options and determine which one is the best.

I tested the mhd stage 2+ maps, bootmod3 stage 2 e30 and stage 2 93 oct. and tested terry bef with jb4.

The car has the following setup:

Jb4 with Ewg wires
Down**** Fabspeed with HJS ***.
Intercooler Wagner Tuning Competition Evo 2
Fuel It Port Injection with BMS Controller
VRSF Chargepipe
K&N inbox

The bef + jb4 is so much better. The map from mhd has a high sensitivity with fuel and this cause the drop in dme_bt, and it is almost impossible to work with PI because of this. The bootmod3 V5 map hesitates at high rpm, and the fuel trim is too low. I tested this map with E25 and the fuel trim stays around 5 and FPH at 8! This map does not work without PI, and even with PI and E60 to keep FPH and trim controllable, the car hesitates at high revs even with the logs looking good.

I've come to the conclusion that JB4 is the best solution. You can control the boost by gear, you can choose the profile of boost that you like, and now with the function of autotuning the duty bias, it was very easy to maintain the boost on the target. To work with PI is much easier too.

Attached have some logs to see both solutions. 100-200 km/h done with 75° F and revving to redline.

Thanks for the comparison, this is the sort of thing I want to see to help me decide between mhd and bm3.

Did you get a chance to test the mhd and bm3 maps with draggy? Would be interesting to see how they performed too.

M135i 8AT / JB4 + EWG Harness / N20 TMAP / VRSF 5" HD FMIC / Fuel-It TBI / Fuel-It STG2 LPFP / Pure High Flow Inlet / FTP Charge & Boost ***** / Richter ***** / Backbox delete / E50 Fuel / ngk 5992s / BBS CH-R's / KW V3 Coilovers / M4 LCA's / GP Front Splitter & Side Blades.
100-200kph: 7.8s
1/4 mile: 11.9s @ 120mph
(#447)
Old

Default 03-28-2018, 05:23 PM

I just tried to flash the test S55 RACE revision Terry mentioned above. However, MHD Flasher gives an error stating the app cannot connect to the DME, and to check that ignition is on and OBD cable is connected.

I checked both of these components and confirmed that everything was properly set up, exactly as it was with the several successful flashes I've performed during the last month. Currently using MHD F-series Flasher for S55 with MHD Stage 0 flashed, JB4 installed with all connections (except EWG), and running BMS BEF RACE rev11.

Has anyone else run into this issue? My setup is the same as it was with the last BEF flash, except that a couple weeks ago I installed LCI rear taillights and had a few extra options coded during the retrofit coding for the LCIs.

(#448)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2018, 06:42 PM

Sometimes it does that to me also and I have to start it again. The app is still new so no doubt little bugs here and there to work out.

Burger Motorsports

(#449)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 03-28-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror135
What is the use of the switch on OBD
Far right for older chassis (E46, E39, E53, E38 etc...) far left is newer chassis. Found via this post, seems accurate though because I had issues detecting my DME in MHD until I switched all the way to the left then no issues and worked flawlessly.

2013 335i F30 N55 PWG | JB4 + MHD BEF + xHP Stg3 | Pure Stage 2 + FBO | BMS PI controller + Meth | Fuel-It! Stg2 LPFP
(#450)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 03-28-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB90
Thanks for the comparison, this is the sort of thing I want to see to help me decide between mhd and bm3.

Did you get a chance to test the mhd and bm3 maps with draggy? Would be interesting to see how they performed too.
Where the logs ?

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo DP-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it