beta .......
(#352)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1J
I would love to have those features!

But at the end of the day, my car is running strong. Very happy with the power I've gained through this BEF.

Those other features are coming, I'm sure.
MHD is adding those options and others soon via flash time selections, so it doens't make sense for us to also incorporate them in to the BEF maps directly. I'm sure Martial can provide more of an update on when you can expect to see them released.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#353)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 03-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Didn't you join a BETA-program?
people will always complain over stupid stuff even if its in beta, i'm grateful for all of terry's work. hes helping me see if he can resolve some minor issues for me atm.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#354)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 03-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
MHD is adding those options and others soon via flash time selections, so it doens't make sense for us to also incorporate them in to the BEF maps directly. I'm sure Martial can provide more of an update on when you can expect to see them released.
as in burble, top speed removal, cold start delete will be added by MHD?

I was hoping there would be something like a stand alone toggle for the options along with the flash. At the moment it seems like you request " 93 octane with gts burble", or "91,no burble, no cold start".

It's would be awesome if options came with the mhd liscence , of if you could buy an "option package" burble, top speed, etc.

Not sure if thats even possible. I'm not that familiar whith how the flash process works yet.

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#355)
Old

Car: 2015 M3 F80
Default 03-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins
people will always complain over stupid stuff even if its in beta, i'm grateful for all of terry's work. hes helping me see if he can resolve some minor issues for me atm.
Agreed! Terry has been very helpful. I have gotten significant gains from this BEF, and the best part is that it's reliable.

The BEF is here for all of us to bring out the performance potentials out of the car. The other stuff (burble, speed limiter, etc... ) are secondary.

As a beta, I am seriously satisfied with how my car drives. I can't wait to hit the track and the Dyno again.

@m3ndeezee

F80/S55 | JB4 w/MHD | BMS Intakes | BMS WMI w/Stealth Tank | BMS Intercooler | PureTurbos PS2 | D***P**** | NGK 2-steps cooler | E45-E85 | Remus Exhaust
(#356)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwilson125
as in burble, top speed removal, cold start delete will be added by MHD?
Yes those are all independent flash time options that have nothing to do with our performance mapping. Rather than building them in we just want a check box when you flash to enable/disable, and in the case of the burbles a slider where you adjust the aggressiveness of it, so you can play around with those options completely independently of our back end maps. If we need to we can build them in but last I spoke to MHD they plan to add them soon. They understand "burbles" as stupid as they are literally the only thing their flashing competition is offering they don't have enabled yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#357)
Old

Smile 03-07-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes those are all independent flash time options that have nothing to do with our performance mapping. Rather than building them in we just want a check box when you flash to enable/disable, and in the case of the burbles a slider where you adjust the aggressiveness of it, so you can play around with those options completely independently of our back end maps. If we need to we can build them in but last I spoke to MHD they plan to add them soon. They understand "burbles" as stupid as they are literally the only thing their flashing competition is offering they don't have enabled yet.

Cool sounds like it will be slick when it comes out. As mentioned above performance comes first, but having these as secondary option is a nice feature.

I'm most concerned about cold start delete. Re-phrase my niebors are most concerned about cold start delete hahaha

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#358)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 03-07-2018, 01:00 PM

911 turbo do not make burbles ... but runs 10.9@126mph all day all night

13 BMW 335ix Full Weight 10.64 @129mph N55 WR SOLD
A90 Supra Full Weight No Nitrous 10.78@133mph
BMW M4 10.69@133mph Full Weight stock turbos

drag track online set up contact on Instagram @luchocampusano YouTube Lucho Campusano
(#359)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-07-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchocamp
911 turbo do not make burbles ... but runs 10.9@126mph all day all night
Pretty sure if it doesnt burble, its not considered fast.

On a more MHD related note, Terry, for PureStg2 BEF's do we still email you or do the maps posted apply to bigger turbos as well?
(#360)
Old

Default 03-07-2018, 04:53 PM

official release, When?

1 month ? 2,3 ?
(#361)
Old

Default 03-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear
Pretty sure if it doesnt burble, its not considered fast.

On a more MHD related note, Terry, for PureStg2 BEF's do we still email you or do the maps posted apply to bigger turbos as well?
i'm pretty sure you can use those maps but if you have him do adjustments its prolly gonna run wayyyyyyyy better than the default maps everyone else uses.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#362)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2018, 09:53 AM

You can start with the posted maps, do a log, and email us so we can make any needed adjustments.

Burger Motorsports

(#363)
Old

Car: F10 530d
Default 03-08-2018, 11:02 AM

For flashing a BEF with MHD, is it suggested only to switch to Map 0 on JB4 or get the OBD2 Connector removed while Flashing and only the Flashcable is connected?
(#364)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 03-08-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khujo
For flashing a BEF with MHD, is it suggested only to switch to Map 0 on JB4 or get the OBD2 Connector removed while Flashing and only the Flashcable is connected?
A thousand times has been covered all over. Just unplug the OBD2 connection, which you need to do it either way to flash.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#365)
Old

Default 03-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khujo
don't follow directions the APP gives you, its incorrect, i found that out after flashing and asking on here. just follow directions from the first post to a T

(#366)
Old

Car: M135ix
Default 03-08-2018, 01:07 PM

obd can handle one connection at the time . so its either jb4 or flashtool but not both . OBD protocols are outdated to me
(#367)
Old

Default 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM

i hope their flashtool will be released next week !
(#368)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 03-09-2018, 04:16 PM

No before and after BEF logs ??

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#369)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 03-10-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
MHD Stage 0 , will only unlock OBD and DME , it dose nothing to the car - so no need to log and send to any ony
After flash stage 0

Where is log location ?

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo DP-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it

Last edited by dror135; 03-10-2018 at 11:24 AM..
(#370)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 03-10-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_H_O_M_A_S
i hope their flashtool will be released next week !
Asked Martial about, no planned date of official release yet.
If you want to use it, just send him your gmail address, to be part of the beta.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#371)
Old

Default 03-10-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
Asked Martial about, no planned date of official release yet.
If you want to use it, just send him your gmail address, to be part of the beta.
ok i'll do
(#372)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 03-10-2018, 11:54 AM

Mhd uses old canbus protocol. Bm3 uses new flexray protocol.

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#373)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
Mhd uses old canbus protocol. Bm3 uses new flexray protocol.
Dzenno told me that. I asked MHD though and he told me they're using the same protocol. Full map writes are 2-3 min on MHD. If they start doing targeted map writes it will probably be even faster. But for how we use it (having customers load BEF and then rarely flash again) it's prefect.

Burger Motorsports

(#374)
Old

Default 03-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Since the release of mhd beta I have decided to test all available options and determine which one is the best.

I tested the mhd stage 2+ maps, bootmod3 stage 2 e30 and stage 2 93 oct. and tested terry bef with jb4.

The car has the following setup:

Jb4 with Ewg wires
Down**** Fabspeed with HJS ***.
Intercooler Wagner Tuning Competition Evo 2
Fuel It Port Injection with BMS Controller
VRSF Chargepipe
K&N inbox

The bef + jb4 is so much better. The map from mhd has a high sensitivity with fuel and this cause the drop in dme_bt, and it is almost impossible to work with PI because of this. The bootmod3 V5 map hesitates at high rpm, and the fuel trim is too low. I tested this map with E25 and the fuel trim stays around 5 and FPH at 8! This map does not work without PI, and even with PI and E60 to keep FPH and trim controllable, the car hesitates at high revs even with the logs looking good.

I've come to the conclusion that JB4 is the best solution. You can control the boost by gear, you can choose the profile of boost that you like, and now with the function of autotuning the duty bias, it was very easy to maintain the boost on the target. To work with PI is much easier too.

Attached have some logs to see both solutions. 100-200 km/h done with 75 F and revving to redline.
Attached Images

(#375)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

Are you running stock timing tables in the BEF? I am very surprised to see so much much timing in N55Techs post above (Thanks for the review N55Tech )
You're welcome to open the files and view the timing profile yourself, or adjust it as the poster above has. He's running it higher than I'd suggest but he's been doing lots of testing, logs, etc, for himself. Don't assume what is working for one will work for all.

Burger Motorsports