N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2018, 08:05 PM

We'll post the BEF maps here directly once fully released.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#127)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 01-08-2018, 08:38 PM

Will BEF map be available for N20s?
(#128)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragy
Will BEF map available for N20s?
Definitely! I haven't gotten the files yet from MHD but if you have an N20 handy and get in on their BETA pool, drop me and email, and I'll get those files. Based on what we've done with the N55 and S55 so far I have a pretty good idea of what we want to do with the N20 initially.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#129)
Old

Default 01-09-2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We'll post the BEF maps here directly once fully released.
would it be possible add safety for the dpmi when running map6 in the flash map?

also what about the MAF sensor, back to the intake after flash?
(#130)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2018, 09:12 AM

To properly run DPMI I believe you need a pressure sensor on your fuel rail, and then the JB4 should read that signal combined with the PI control box signal of the injector current, to monitor flow in to the engine.

Burger Motorsports

(#131)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 01-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
What are the Android requirements for the MHD app? I get a not compatible message when I try to put it on my AT&T Trek HD. I use an iPhone, so thatís the only Android I have (thank god!).
Android 3.2 and USB OTG support. So your device seems to not support the USB OTG norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Can the MHD BEF remove the speed limiter on the F series aswell? Can this be done in app as a selection, or are the BEF maps provided will have this done by default?
We'll add a flash option that wil be available whatever the map, BEF or flash only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_00
If I understand well, JB4 BEF will not work on M235i and M135i ? Or only on M135i PWG ?
98% of the N55 will be supported (but for a few models stuck on an old rom like 7 series in Japan, or the Alpina models). And 100% of the S55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitto
I have my DME unlocked. Do I need to upload the MHD flash software (25 min) and after maps (2-3 min) or can I go straight to the maps?
MHD always reaqries a long flash for the initial install. But anyways it is all automated you are not given the choice (and can't do it wrong either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitto
The DME was unlock to bm3. Can I use straight a MHD map?

Do I have to buy any license for the BETA test?

Iím not finding. I only find to E series..
Email us to apply for the beta. Pricing has been posted on f30post, f80post, f87post etc. Obviously I won't post a product description on BMS forums - unless Terry is fine with that? that would clear a lot of questions here.

Quote:
Yes it's still the only tuning system you can remove without a trace.
AFAIK the jb4 can be detected even if removed, for instance with the increased fuel volume in the FASTA data (black box of the DME). We'll look into *properly* deleting the FASTA data wiht MHD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino
^^^ and I will buy it as soon as someone tells me what on earth I can expect from the bef with my f30 n55 pwg ***-liss deepee jb4 93oct 6mt car! Without some description of what this back end flash will do in conjunction with jb4 on a car similarily specíd as mine I think I will just save my money.
Wants:
- smoother power delivery
- more power
- more torque
- better throttle response
- smoother at low rpm while cruising in higher gears
- more exhaust burble
- get rid of weird 6mt rev hang in up shifts at high rpm

If the only n55 jb4 back end flash benefactors will be upgraded turbo guys and e85 guys it sounds like a bootmod3 ots flash tune will be the way for me to go.
You mean MHD OTS flash tune?
(#132)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 01-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Yes you'll have to remove DME and mail it or take it to a tuning shop to unlock it and read out the factory flash, then modify that factory file using an XDF and TunerPro, and reflash via MHD app in Android. At least that is what I've been told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
Yeah its gonna be bench unlocked first like bootmod. Just like how some E series n55 need to be unlocked before they can have mhd.
Terry, since Full OBD flashing (no unlock) is a reality, some of the post in the first page are now quite misleading.
(#133)
Old

Car: F30 335i EWG
Default 01-09-2018, 02:43 PM

MHD wins.
(#134)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-09-2018, 03:08 PM

I just finished flashing Stage 0 - it took 27 min , using bimmer geeks pro cable

For power source, i used my other car to charge the bmw while flashing.

Didnt flash OTS Map , since i have the JB4 and will flash A BackEnd Map.

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#135)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 01-09-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
Terry, since Full OBD flashing (no unlock) is a reality, some of the post in the first page are now quite misleading.
Oops thats a while ago, I will now go and delete it.

Edit- I guess it was already done.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#136)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-09-2018, 03:56 PM

I forgot to ask, does this have a flash limiter? I heard magic motor sports say that you may only flash via obd2 so many times before the dme locks you out and a bench unlock is required and theyre currently working on a solution.

Ps: are you guys working with magic on this?

(#137)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2018, 04:40 PM

If it does I haven't found it yet. I've flashed our M3 over 30 times already.

Burger Motorsports

(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2018, 04:41 PM

I'll delete the old posts on the first page to avoid confusion!

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD

AFAIK the jb4 can be detected even if removed, for instance with the increased fuel volume in the FASTA data (black box of the DME). We'll look into *properly* deleting the FASTA data wiht MHD.
Id like to hear more about this!

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#140)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
That was true, in 2009. But once we added the fuel pressure control the DME is no longer properly tracking injection volume. As as result I've never heard of anyone flagged that way in almost 8 years now. The dealership guys are not really aware of the details of this so they believe it still works based on the 2008 memo they received. There are other methods they use within the FASTA data set but nothing else will jump out of place with a JB4. With a flash of course peak load demand, peak torque demand, etc, stand out so that is what must be sorted out how to clear. For the JB4 they only catch it if you leave it on or if you trigger a bunch of faults that imply it was tuned (like, not disconnecting battery first and triggering a bunch of sensor faults you don't properly clear first), and then upon questioning, admit it. 90% of the time people are flagged for down pipe or intakes, mods that are visually easy to see.

That said, the change was not to help people avoid detection, but to improve the JB4's tuning ability with fuel trim changes. If you break something modifying it, whether with a JB4, MHD flash tune, or any other part, you should pay for the resulting repairs.

Burger Motorsports

(#141)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-09-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
If it does I haven't found it yet. I've flashed our M3 over 30 times already.
I think magic said it was around 90ish times, I cant remember though.

(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
I think magic said it was around 90ish times, I cant remember though.
If true I'll have a nice low mileage M3 for sale, in about a month.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-09-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
If true I'll have a nice low mileage M3 for sale, in about a month.
Lol, I heard a solution was on the way without an ecu unlock, if mhd and magic are together then they'll get the tech too.

(#144)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2018, 11:04 AM

Working on speeding up our F series JB4 logging thanks to help from Martial.

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Default 01-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Terry and Martial are the best

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#146)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-10-2018, 06:40 PM

This is getting really exciting! Loving all the effort, passion, and options us N55 guys are gonna have with the JB4 and MHD together, this is the really the 'go to' combo!

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#147)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 01-10-2018, 11:05 PM

@Terry let me understand. I am running on map5, i unplug the obd and flash map 0 mhd, right. After that should i make a log with map5 and send it to you, or should i send you only my mods and goals, and where is the the right email? When i go to the burger homepage there are 2-3 emails.
(#148)
Old

Default 01-10-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg435i
@Terry let me understand. I am running on map5, i unplug the obd and flash map 0 mhd, right. After that should i make a log with map5 and send it to you, or should i send you only my mods and goals, and where is the the right email? When i go to the burger homepage there are 2-3 emails.
MHD Stage 0 , will only unlock OBD and DME , it dose nothing to the car - so no need to log and send to any ony

(#149)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 01-11-2018, 12:07 AM

I know that mhd Stage 0 unlock the dme, but to flash a BEF terry needs a log or not to look to optimiz the car.
(#150)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-11-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
You mean the data rate at which jb4 reads data from OBD / CAN?
What improvement is expected compared to what we have now?

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu