N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3526)
Old

Car: 07 335i e90 jb4, jb4 bef via mhd, wavetrac lsd, spec stage 3+ clutch & spec steel smfw, bmw occ,
Default 12-26-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_62400
Update ! The cats and o2 sensors are complete !!! Only thing incomplete is the evap system which i heard takes the longest... Hoping the road trip back home and then idle for a while will complete it !
Just got back from inspection and i failed 😑 passed all emissions and all else expect i had failed the MIL light part due to code p0503 which appears to be vehicle speed, plausibilty... I cleared all codes and will reattempt to complete the whole readiness system and hopefully will pass 😑
(#3527)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 12-31-2017, 02:28 AM

If using a JB4, can you use the file JB4_BB2_IJE0S_PUMP? or Do you need to use the MHD map 0 or 1 as part of the MHD app?

M3 F80 2017 Competition & Carbon Brakes
JB4 ||| H&R Sport Springs

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#3528)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 01-02-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer
If using a JB4, can you use the file JB4_BB2_IJE0S_PUMP? or Do you need to use the MHD map 0 or 1 as part of the MHD app?
With a jb4, either use a backend map such as the file you stated and put the jb4 in 4.2, map 1 or 2, or use a flash only map like MHD Stage 1 and put the jb4 in 4.4 mode, map 4.
(#3529)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 01-03-2018, 05:59 PM

Can I use the MHD flash and also use the JB4 for boost control and meth control? OR do I need to use the BB2 flash?

M3 F80 2017 Competition & Carbon Brakes
JB4 ||| H&R Sport Springs

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#3530)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i AT
Default Making a flash only bin work as a bef - 01-04-2018, 02:13 PM

What changes need to be made in a flash only bin so it will work as a jb4 bef in 4-2 mode.

09 E92 335i Msport, fbo+e85 flash, 11.91 @ 119
10 E90 335i, MHD Stage 1
(#3531)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Beast
What changes need to be made in a flash only bin so it will work as a jb4 bef in 4-2 mode.
The short answer is only the person who wrote it knows what is in there. So log it and then evaluate from there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3532)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer
Can I use the MHD flash and also use the JB4 for boost control and meth control? OR do I need to use the BB2 flash?
Use a BMS backend flashed through MHD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Beast
Flash only tunes are mosft often better run flash only, so with a jb4 in the mix it is best to use a backend map.
(#3533)
Old

Car: 2013 335is
Smile Jb4 backend flash - 01-21-2018, 08:05 PM

Could someone tell me which bin file to use to backend flash my 335is. I have narrowed down to these 2.
1. JB4_BB2_INAOS_PUMP.bin
2. JB4_MHD_INAOS_PUMP.bin

Any info would be awesome.
(#3534)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2018, 09:35 PM

Are you using MHD or BB flash software?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3535)
Old

Car: 2013 335is
Default Jb4 backend flash - 01-22-2018, 09:10 PM

MHD software/Andriod app . I wasn't sure what BB was standing for but I figured it out. Thanks for the quick response!
(#3536)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default Boost Still Low after vacuum leak repaired - 01-28-2018, 01:21 PM

Hi Terry:

I did in fact have a vacuum hose split on the nipple to the back wastegate. I replaced all the vacuum lines and ran a log (attached) Boost still appears to be lower than target.

It appears the ecu psi is matching the boost, not the target through the JB4. Can you look at the log and let me know if you see anything that would point to the lack of boost? Perhaps with 166k on the car the wastegates are not closing fully??

FBO, JB4 + MHD backend, Inlets, Outlets, Meth, Walbro 450, E57, Map 7

Thanks so much for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 180128_1508sunrun.csv (36.7 KB, 131 views)
(#3537)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2018, 01:24 PM

Boost is still too low for the WGDC. What is vacuum a the WG at idle at 100% WGDC?

Burger Motorsports

(#3538)
Old

Default 01-28-2018, 03:47 PM

Hi Terry:
I checked both solenoids front and back and both have a 26 hg of vacuum at 100% WGDC

Thanks for your help!
(#3539)
Old

Default 01-28-2018, 04:03 PM

I did notice lately the brake pedal has been very hard when I get in the car before starting. Once its starts the petal feel is normal. Would a brake booster vacuum hose or vacuum check valve affect the boost of the turbos? I dont have any CEL however its quite a coincidence the hard petal and the low boost?

Thanks again for your assistance!!
(#3540)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun
Hi Terry:
I checked both solenoids front and back and both have a 26 hg of vacuum at 100% WGDC

Thanks for your help!
That sounds like vacuum at the solenoids input, not at the output to the wastegate. If you set menu10 to 0 does vacuum drop close to 0"? If not you're measuring in the wrong spot.

Burger Motorsports

(#3541)
Old

Default 01-28-2018, 06:13 PM

Hi Terry:

Measured the output to WG only. At 100% (5 on tach) it was 26" at 0 on the tach it measured 0. Does that determine a good wastegate?
(#3542)
Old

Default 01-29-2018, 05:35 AM

Terry:
I will do a smoke test as I must have a vacuum leak somewhere. I will let you know where I end up. I don't want you to waste your time trying to diagnose this long distance. I am certain its one of the vacuum ***** cracked somewhere.

Thanks again for all your support, even on Sunday!! You and your team are incredible for the BMW community and I appreciate everything you do for us!
(#3543)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun
Hi Terry:

Measured the output to WG only. At 100% (5 on tach) it was 26" at 0 on the tach it measured 0. Does that determine a good wastegate?
That means vacuum system and control systems are all OK. So can only be a physical WG issue or maybe a boost leak.

Burger Motorsports

(#3544)
Old

Car: n54 335i
Default 01-29-2018, 10:14 PM

I had bought the mhd backend flasher module and flashed bms backend maps through mhd in my 335i. Now I have sold the 335i and picked up a 135i. Can I use the backend flasher license in mhd that I have already bought or should I buy the license again to flash my 135i?
(#3545)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 01-30-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroneuman
I had bought the mhd backend flasher module and flashed bms backend maps through mhd in my 335i. Now I have sold the 335i and picked up a 135i. Can I use the backend flasher license in mhd that I have already bought or should I buy the license again to flash my 135i?
It's VIN related, you need new license for the new car

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3546)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 01-31-2018, 06:05 AM

Better check on this, I think once you've bought the license it's yours. When you have the license you are allowed to use it on other devices, not just a single car, which to me, includes the new one. I could be wrong on this, but that is the way I understand it. Someone set me straight on this, thanks!

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#3547)
Old
Legend

Default 01-31-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
Better check on this, I think once you've bought the license it's yours. When you have the license you are allowed to use it on other devices, not just a single car, which to me, includes the new one. I could be wrong on this, but that is the way I understand it. Someone set me straight on this, thanks!
You can use the license of MHD on any android device but only for the VIN car you purchased the license for.

Meaning you can change your Android device as long as you use your same play store but it will work only for the specific VIN you purchased the license for

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3548)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 01-31-2018, 04:01 PM

I see. Thanks for that. So the next owner of the car/VIN will have the original licenses intact, loaded and be able to operate MHD as though he/her is the previous owner. No need to go back to the Play Store. Would this be correct?

I ask because I'm selling my car soon and I'm selling it with the MHD flasher system already loaded and functional. Surely zD would not, nor could not, cancel out their flasher on any car for which the licenses have been purchased. Does this make sense?

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#3549)
Old

Default Vacuum Leak Found- Does it affect Boost? - 02-01-2018, 07:45 AM

Terry:

I finally found the culprit of the vacuum leak, however I am uncertain if it is related to boost not hitting target. The Fuel Tank Ventilation line that is attached tot he back housing of the throttle body has a tiny crack in it. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...SABEgLaufD_BwE

Would that cause the boost issue? Thanks for your help!

Part # 13907636153
(#3550)
Old
Legend

Default 02-02-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
I see. Thanks for that. So the next owner of the car/VIN will have the original licenses intact, loaded and be able to operate MHD as though he/her is the previous owner. No need to go back to the Play Store. Would this be correct?

I ask because I'm selling my car soon and I'm selling it with the MHD flasher system already loaded and functional. Surely zD would not, nor could not, cancel out their flasher on any car for which the licenses have been purchased. Does this make sense?
I guess it will still be paired with your email on play store as when you download the MHD it sync and load the licenses, if your buyer download MHD the license wont be loaded under his play store to start with so he can't flash.

I had my friend car license on my android under my license and used to flash his car from my android and when he get his own cable and Android he had to contact MHD so he purchased the license again on his ID and cancelled and refunded the license from my ID