N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: F30 335i EWG
Default 01-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-MCRacer
When Flashing F-Series, does it use K+DCAN cable or ENET Cable?
K+DCAN cable.
(#77)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-03-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
K+DCAN cable.
So just to get everything lined up for when I decide to flash, I will need;
- a bimmerpro cable k+dcan cable
- a battery tender
- a laptop and wifi connection? Can it be done via snartphone?
-The MHD flash liscence
- whatever tune that I want to load
-monitor liscence? I assume this is for data logging

A couple questions too
If I am planning to run the jb4 with bef do I need a monitor liscence, or is jb4 data logging sufficient?
My understanding is the BEF is basically a flash tune that is specifically designed to work with the jb4? Is that definitely they way to go.if planning on keeping the jb4 for methanol control? Any benefits from a different flash?
Is that bimmerpro cable the same cable that would be used for coding?

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#78)
Old

Car: F30 335i EWG
Default 01-03-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwilson125
So just to get everything lined up for when I decide to flash, I will need;
- a bimmerpro cable k+dcan cable
- a battery tender
- a laptop and wifi connection? Can it be done via snartphone?
-The MHD flash liscence
- whatever tune that I want to load
-monitor liscence? I assume this is for data logging

A couple questions too
If I am planning to run the jb4 with bef do I need a monitor liscence, or is jb4 data logging sufficient?
My understanding is the BEF is basically a flash tune that is specifically designed to work with the jb4? Is that definitely they way to go.if planning on keeping the jb4 for methanol control? Any benefits from a different flash?
Is that bimmerpro cable the same cable that would be used for coding?

You don't need a laptop, the MHD Flasher is on Android so you can use an Android phone/tablet with an OTG USB cable. I recommend the Bimmergeeks or Twisted Tuning cables. Monitor license is required if you're doing the beta program.

Get rid of the JB4.
(#79)
Old

Default 01-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
You don't need a laptop, the MHD Flasher is on Android so you can use an Android phone/tablet with an OTG USB cable. I recommend the Bimmergeeks or Twisted Tuning cables. Monitor license is required if you're doing the beta program.

Get rid of the JB4.
Got it, the bimmergeeks cable does seem appealing, I do see they offer a otg option for the cable.

Would a standalone methanol controller then be needed? Or could that be done via flash.

I do love the jb4 but understand that it has it's limitations. Also the support that Terry gives is unrivaled. I guess I need to do some more research on BEF before I make that decision.

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#80)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-03-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Got it, the bimmergeeks cable does seem appealing, I do see they offer a otg option for the cable.

Would a standalone methanol controller then be needed? Or could that be done via flash.

I do love the jb4 but understand that it has it's limitations. Also the support that Terry gives is unrivaled. I guess I need to do some more research on BEF before I make that decision.
You Understood every thing Wrong Btw...

BEF only works with JB4 ,, If you use An OTS then you must leave the JB4

The best Option is to get A custom BEF to work with your JB4

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#81)
Old

Default 01-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
You Understood every thing Wrong Btw...

BEF only works with JB4 ,, If you use An OTS then you must leave the JB4

The best Option is to get A custom BEF to work with your JB4
I know that BEF is only for jb4. What I do not know is if the bef is essentially a flash tune that is designed to work with a jb4 car, or if it just compliments the jb4?

Example the jb4 tricks the ecu nto creating more boost. Does the BEF alter the ecu boost directly? Or is it still looking at the jb4?

I figured options were jb4 with BEF and wmi or OTS with a standalone wmi controller. I just do not know what benefits the OTS route would have over JB4 + BEF.

(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I know that BEF is only for jb4. What I do not know is if the bef is essentially a flash tune that is designed to work with a jb4 car, or if it just compliments the jb4?

Example the jb4 tricks the ecu nto creating more boost. Does the BEF alter the ecu boost directly? Or is it still looking at the jb4?

I figured options were jb4 with BEF and wmi or OTS with a standalone wmi controller. I just do not know what benefits the OTS route would have over JB4 + BEF.
How the BEF is implemented depends on the application and BEF map itself, but it's designed to allow us to provide tuning and features beyond what can be done flash only. Otherwise, what would be the point?

Down the road we can get in to the details. It's still early days on development on both fronts, and I see absolutely no reason to bog down in to it right now. Just know that there are plenty of great options on the horizons to move the F series platforms further thanks to MHD releasing this software.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#83)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 01-04-2018, 06:55 PM

What are the Android requirements for the MHD app? I get a not compatible message when I try to put it on my AT&T Trek HD. I use an iPhone, so that’s the only Android I have (thank god!).

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#84)
Old

Car: E90
Default 01-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
What are the Android requirements for the MHD app? I get a not compatible message when I try to put it on my AT&T Trek HD. I use an iPhone, so that’s the only Android I have (thank god!).
Any android device running android 3.2 or higher...

I have a samsung galaxy tab pro 10.1 with “f-series” N55 installed. Works for me.

Waiting for my bimmer geeks cable to arrive as well.

http://mhdtuning.com/support/

Last edited by 705; 01-04-2018 at 07:06 PM..
(#85)
Old

Car: E90
Default 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 705
Any android device running android 3.2 or higher...

Waiting for my bimmer geeks cable to arrive as well.
Wondering when a jb4 BEF will be available.
(#86)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2018, 07:06 PM

When you guys are able to flash and ready to help the cause just email me, and we'll get started!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#87)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 01-05-2018, 05:44 AM

@Terry i have all the things to try the BEF. I can‘t still wait to try this.
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 11:41 AM

Email me I've got an F series N55 BEF file ready to load, will need lots of logs as we fine tune and tweak things.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Car: M135i xDrive
Default 01-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Email me I've got an F series N55 BEF file ready to load, will need lots of logs as we fine tune and tweak things.
Worth trying yet with my mods?

M135i xDrive EWG, JB4, Pure S2, Pure inlet, N20 tmap, c a tless, Wagner fmic, FTP chargepipe, Fuel-it PI, BMS PI controller, Fuel-it lpfp, ACF Performance back end flash. 10.9s @ 204km/h
(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 11:50 AM

Absolutely! But since you already have a BEF do a run or two as it is now so we can compare and work on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Car: about to purchase 09 335i Xdrive
Default 01-05-2018, 01:06 PM

Hi Terry, Is that BEF EWG only?

2016 335 GT - let the upgrades begin..

2000 Z3M - too many upgrades to mention ... lol

(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 03:11 PM

We're working on EWG and PWG... I think according to MHD the only F N55 platform we can't do yet are PPK cars, as they require some special coding that isn't ready yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Default 01-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Oh perfect! So, just need to pay for MHD master license (I've installed the app) and you'll email the file which we load using MHD app correct? Waiting to confirm the OBD cable I need for my F10 N55 JB4 I got from a buddy (missing ODBII cable; final section).... do I order just the Cable only from site?? Do I need to have JB4 installed prior to installing MHD flash?

(#94)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 03:23 PM

For what we're doing yes install the JB4. When you flash you unplug JB4 OBDII to flash then plug it back in after.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Default 01-05-2018, 03:26 PM

Hi Terry... So, in regards to OBD II cable, do I need to order JUST the cable or the cable with side connector for retorfit option? I have the 4pin molex connector coming from JB4 but missing OBDII section...

Thanks!

(#96)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 01-05-2018, 03:59 PM

@ Terry can you send me per PM the right email adress for the BEF and a right Guide to install the BEF on my car, please.
(#97)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Can the MHD BEF remove the speed limiter on the F series aswell? Can this be done in app as a selection, or are the BEF maps provided will have this done by default?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG

Last edited by 5soko; 01-05-2018 at 06:46 PM..
(#98)
Old

Default 01-05-2018, 06:25 PM

do we use a different app other than the MHD app to load the flash? I see two versions of MHD app in App store N54 and N55 E-series....

(#99)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 01-05-2018, 06:41 PM

@Terry can I do some betas as well?
(#100)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos23
do we use a different app other than the MHD app to load the flash? I see two versions of MHD app in App store N54 and N55 E-series....
You need to join MHD's F series BETA group and flash map0 via MHD, before you're ready to contact me.

Burger Motorsports