N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3501)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 11-30-2017, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain
Can you share the answer?

BTW Guys is there easy way to confirm what my DME is (within MHD or JB4 Mobile)? I know that its listed like:
8A0S = MSD80 - 07' - mid 08'
IJE0S = MSD81 - all other N54s.

But realoem shows MSD81 for mine which is 12.2006 which I'm almost sure its suppose to be MSD80
Answer for the ** codes is one page back on this thread. There was a little discussion on it.

As far as the DME, Iím pretty sure itís listed in MHD once connected. It may be on the codes page after you read your codes. I donít have my Android with me currently, as it stays in my car for flashing. If you havenít found the answer by tomorrow, I can verify for you then.
(#3502)
Old

Car: E92 335i '07 Manual
Default 11-30-2017, 04:44 AM

Thanks for the info. Will try that - but this from the first page is not working on iOS for sure:

Code:
8- now go into the jb4 phone app and Under the settings tab, read only tab, find the correct version of your car, IJEOS or I8AOS.
Since on JB4 Mobile iOS I don't see read only tab

@joeinsd - if possible can you check? I perform I8AOS flash today since I was not able to find out again what is mine from MHD or JB4 Mobile but was pretty sure for late 2006 its not MSD81. Still I think its useful to know how to check that

P.S.: With the BEF can is again back to 15-16psi on Map 5 but this time the trims are not 50 but 25-35

E92 335i, 2007, manual
Mfactory helical LSD, ST XA Coilovers, EBC Grooved Discs + Yellowstuff pads + Goodridge lines, 313 Performance wheels, OEM turbos
JB4 + Rev3, MHD JB4 BEF, BMS Clutch stop, Custom ©atless dоwnpipes, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF CP + Tial BOV, VRSF OEM Silicone inlets + OCC, Yokohama AD08R, BMS CDV
396 whp, 639 wnm (471 ft lb) 93-95 Pump gas, no meth, no ethanol

Last edited by Rain; 12-02-2017 at 04:42 AM..
(#3503)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 12-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusMTL
Noobish (my turn now) :

I was always wondering why there is no regular updates on BEF maps (for pump gas), while there are often updates on regular MHD maps generally speaking; as well as why there are particular maps for different octane ratings on MHD regular maps, and not for BEF maps.

Isn't there any power left on the table with actual "static" MHD BEF, I mean what about running MHD Stage 2 for 94 oct AS a backend flash, in combination of JB4 (BEF mode, 4/2) as well? Assuming I already paid to try the FF maps.

Is the JB4 relying on a kind of predictible behavior that needs to never being changed (like it seems to be the case)? Has the actual BEF really reached "perfection" ? Because having tried all combination (JB4 only, JB4+BEF, and MHD FF only) over last year and I feel the full MHD maps seems to better handling timing advance than the MHD's BEF map; however I felt way more boost / low end torque with JB4+BEF. I feel like a better combination of both "could" exist.

Said in another way, how can a "single" pump BEF map handle both 91 oct and 94 for optimal timing-advance, and relying only on JB4 for the change (map 1 vs 2)

Has anyone have any deep-technical explanation to help me stop thinking about this ?
We could run more boost down low on the MHD flash only maps, but it's our choice to deliver max torque progressively till around 4000rpm, both for protecting engines and because we prefer that kind of delivery in term of driving experience. You can get a custom tune that will be really tailored to your needs and likings, including torque curve but also throttle response etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker1
Is there a possibility of cold start disable or toggle through a bef or better yet through the jb4 cront end?
MHD has an option for that, whatever the map you flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanya0971
Hello everyone! What’s the difference beetween pump and race BEF, my car is currently with meth kit, but I flashed pump. Difference in timining? Or what? Thanks a lot
Timing yes, last time I checked the BMS maps.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Will try that - but this from the first page is not working on iOS for sure:

Code:
8- now go into the jb4 phone app and Under the settings tab, read only tab, find the correct version of your car, IJEOS or I8AOS.
Since on JB4 Mobile iOS I don't see read only tab

@joeinsd - if possible can you check? I perform I8AOS flash today since I was not able to find out again what is mine from MHD or JB4 Mobile but was pretty sure for late 2006 its not MSD81. Still I think its useful to know how to check that

P.S.: With the BEF can is again back to 15-16psi on Map 5 but this time the trims are not 50 but 25-35
End 2006 is MSD80, unless the DME was changed. Anyways, MHD recognize the DME type and won't let you flash ije0s on msd80 or i8aos on msd81.
(#3504)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default 12-03-2017, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the reply MHD. i currently am jb4 stock flash running wmi on map 3. I edited a stock flash on tunerpro to go from 65 seconds cold start duration to 10 seconds and reflashed through MHD flasher. Seems to work well so far.
(#3505)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 12-05-2017, 04:09 AM

Hello guys,

Any idea where do I find MHD version for I8A0S? It's not in the archive..

------------------------------------------------------------
2007 335i MT N54
MHD+JB4 Garret GTW3684 ST
FMIC, DP, 3" *****, Fuel-It Stage 1, MF LSD.
(#3506)
Old

Car: E92 335i '07 Manual
Default 12-05-2017, 05:29 AM

First page of this topic -> 6/15/17 Map Release

Inside the above JB4_BEF_061517.zip file there is I8A0S folder which contains all the BEF flash maps for I8A0S.

E92 335i, 2007, manual
Mfactory helical LSD, ST XA Coilovers, EBC Grooved Discs + Yellowstuff pads + Goodridge lines, 313 Performance wheels, OEM turbos
JB4 + Rev3, MHD JB4 BEF, BMS Clutch stop, Custom ©atless dоwnpipes, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF CP + Tial BOV, VRSF OEM Silicone inlets + OCC, Yokohama AD08R, BMS CDV
396 whp, 639 wnm (471 ft lb) 93-95 Pump gas, no meth, no ethanol
(#3507)
Old

Default 12-05-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
First page of this topic -> 6/15/17 Map Release

Inside the above JB4_BEF_061517.zip file there is I8A0S folder which contains all the BEF flash maps for I8A0S.

Thanks but there are only BMS files for I8A0S, while for other DMEís there are also MHD files..

2007 335i MT N54
(#3508)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 12-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imad777
Thanks but there are only BMS files for I8A0S, while for other DMEís there are also MHD files..
Terry normalized the BIN files so they can be used with both BB2 and MHD, at least that was my understanding.
(#3509)
Old

Default 12-05-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Terry normalized the BIN files so they can be used with both BB2 and MHD, at least that was my understanding.
Oh, thanks.

@Terry could you please confirm?

2007 335i MT N54
(#3510)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Exactly. Same files now work for both! The difference is the BB software can't calculate the torque limiter checksum, while MHD does calculate the torque limiter checksum, so I had to compute and add the checksum to each file so it can be loaded via BB.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3511)
Old

Default 12-05-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Exactly. Same files now work for both! The difference is the BB software can't calculate the torque limiter checksum, while MHD does calculate the torque limiter checksum, so I had to compute and add the checksum to each file so it can be loaded via BB.
Many thanks Terry. I think it would be good to add this information to the first post, as it's not clear according to existing instructions. Or simply copy same files into MHD names and pack back

2007 335i MT N54
(#3512)
Old

Car: E92 335i stage 3 hamann widebody
Default 12-05-2017, 06:13 PM

Hey all! Im new to this forum, but i have jb4 + mhd for a while. 3 months ago i was racing my n54 on the hungarian racetrack and suddenly i had a spun bearing. We have installed a new(40k miles) engine with custom Td04hl 19t turbochargers(similar to mmp s3) with mmp inlets & outlets, 7” intercooler, 30 row oil cooler, pcv delete, 1 walbro 450 and bms wmi kit with cm12 nozzle
Which map do you recommend to start with? Any others bolt on ideas?
(#3513)
Old

Car: 2016 Z4 35i
Default 12-09-2017, 06:01 PM

hey guys sorry if this has been asked before but i just noticed there are v8 beta maps available now. ive been using v7 for over a year now and it's been great. what are the differences in the v8 maps? im on stage 2+ 91 oct
(#3514)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-14-2017, 01:29 PM

I am new on JB4 and BEF from Terry

1. Can I use the BC button or jb4 Bluetooth connect kit to change map while I am cursing or on the highway? Is this safe?

2. Another question, Last week I use MHD auto logging with JB4 installed , Suddenly my car shut down and throw over boost code. It seems like I can not use MHD logging anymore or something wrong with my car? I mean I came from MHD tune to JB4 because it's more safe as everyone recommend.

3. Finally, Do I need to completely uninstall MHD in order to use jb4 with BEF. Or I can flash with MHD stock map and run with JB4 with BAF. So far, I am running MHD stock map with JB4 BAF from Terry without any issues but I want to know the right way.

Many thanksㄝ
(#3515)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 05:08 AM

What turbos would this map be?
JB4_BB2_IJE0S_ST_E85_TS_THR.bin
I know it's for single turbo, but the THR?
(#3516)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 12-19-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoven
hey guys sorry if this has been asked before but i just noticed there are v8 beta maps available now. ive been using v7 for over a year now and it's been great. what are the differences in the v8 maps? im on stage 2+ 91 oct
Better power delivery and better boost control, ethanol mix maps for all stages, among other improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacie6056

1. Can I use the BC button or jb4 Bluetooth connect kit to change map while I am cursing or on the highway? Is this safe?

2. Another question, Last week I use MHD auto logging with JB4 installed , Suddenly my car shut down and throw over boost code. It seems like I can not use MHD logging anymore or something wrong with my car? I mean I came from MHD tune to JB4 because it's more safe as everyone recommend.

3. Finally, Do I need to completely uninstall MHD in order to use jb4 with BEF. Or I can flash with MHD stock map and run with JB4 with BAF. So far, I am running MHD stock map with JB4 BAF from Terry without any issues but I want to know the right way.

Many thanksㄝ
For 2. the "more safe" is questionable but since it's a jb4 forum, there is no point in starting that discussion here.
You cannot use MHD logging with a jb4 active, since both request information from the DME and the DME gets confused.
For 3, just flash with MHD the BEF you want to use, it's a regular 2 min map change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
Throttle something.
(#3517)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
The single turbo THR map means the pedal to throttle relationship has been set very aggressively, which some single turbo drivers prefer.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3518)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacie6056

Many thanksㄝ
What sort of car? BC map cahnging is F series. E series is volume/channel wheel controls. With the JB4 installed always log via the JB4, never via OBDII port.

If you need some tuning help just post a log of how its running and we ac help you evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3519)
Old

Car: 07 335i e90 jb4, jb4 bef via mhd, wavetrac lsd, spec stage 3+ clutch & spec steel smfw, bmw occ,
Default Jb4 + Bef inspection prep - 12-21-2017, 09:35 PM

Hey ! i got a 2007 335i e90, i have a jb4 and I recently did the jb4 backend flash using the mhd software which is awesome ! I got no problems with the software but I am curious on how to get the dme codes back to the ready stage, i need to take the car to inspection and so i flashed the car back to stock as i generated a backup map before the backend flash, i then put the jb4 back to map 4/3 since i no longer have the backend flash running and i then put the jb4 to map 0/0 which i believe is (bypass) so that the dme is stock and not clearing codes... Now when i plug the tablet in to check out the system through the mhd app i see my o2 sensors, *** and evap is not ready... The rest are complete or not available... I have heard of the drive cycle and i saw people say drive for a week and everything should be fine... Therefore i may have answered my own question but i figured i would ask to see if you have any other suggestions or have helped anyone with this scenario before. P.s. the csr has stock cats and the o2 sensors were perfectly fine before the backend flash so i dont believe any parts are bad !
(#3520)
Old

Default 12-21-2017, 09:59 PM

I did the same as you before my smog. All I can tell you is to keep driving. They’ll eventually become ready status.
(#3521)
Old

Car: 07 335i e90 jb4, jb4 bef via mhd, wavetrac lsd, spec stage 3+ clutch & spec steel smfw, bmw occ,
Default 12-21-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
I did the same as you before my smog. All I can tell you is to keep driving. Theyíll eventually become ready status.
About how long did it take for yours to go to ready ? I only drive for a 2 days but i plan on going for a long trip tomorrow hoping it helps out !
(#3522)
Old

Default 12-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_62400
About how long did it take for yours to go to ready ? I only drive for a 2 days but i plan on going for a long trip tomorrow hoping it helps out !
I donít drive a ton daily, so it took about 5 days. Lol. That road trip should help you though.
(#3523)
Old

Default 12-22-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
I donít drive a ton daily, so it took about 5 days. Lol. That road trip should help you though.
Update ! The cats and o2 sensors are complete !!! Only thing incomplete is the evap system which i heard takes the longest... Hoping the road trip back home and then idle for a while will complete it !
(#3524)
Old

Default 12-22-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The single turbo THR map means the pedal to throttle relationship has been set very aggressively, which some single turbo drivers prefer.
ok.
I have flashed with that file and on map 5 it should stop at 26 psi (although on the jb4mobile the target puts 27 psi), but the car keeps going up to 30 psi (it's the security that we have)
we have n20 tmap
map 4 work fine.
all DB = 0

Any idea why it can be?
(#3525)
Old

Default 12-23-2017, 09:43 PM

Another update, after 3 days of driving and about 125 miles put on it, i didnt follow the drive cycle but i just did a ride on the highway doing 75 to 80 mph and then cold start idles for 5 mins and post drive idle for 5 mins and everything checks out "ready" now ! So ill be going for NJ inspection tuesday, i have service engine soon light on and a few codes but all came on after i turned the jb4 to map 0 and mhd bef back to stock 🤔 hopefully i pass with the SES light since its only a emissions test !