N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 11-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 Tech
I have an e90 with DP, CP, alpina flash, and intake. I am currently running 45% e85/55% 93 octane on map 5/e85 flash. Straight 93 octane with the pump flash felt very strong too. I plan on doing a 5" FMIC in the Spring. MHD is well worth the money IMO. Good luck!
Have you tried ots maps fron mhd yet ? We habe the same mods and car as soon as i receive my kdcan cable im trying the bms bef !
(#177)
Old

Car: 335i 6MT RWD
Default 11-07-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Terry,

Are there any settings in the e85 BEF that will help with e85 cold starts? That is something that I struggled with when I had the Jb4 alone. I tried different FOL values and nothing seemed to fix the long cranks. So far I have not had this issue with the BEF.
I'm actually running into that now with the colder mornings. Jb4 and E50. That's encouraging that it seems to have gone away for you. I ordered the cables for MHD but they are out of stock so it'll be a little bit before I can try it out.
(#178)
Old

Default 11-07-2016, 02:15 PM

Can someone post 5.12 firmware on the site here ?i cant load it via my email on jb4 mobile app !!!
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2016, 02:24 PM

I put the JB4 firmware in the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Car: '11 335i M-Sport
Default 11-07-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours
Have you tried ots maps fron mhd yet ? We habe the same mods and car as soon as i receive my kdcan cable im trying the bms bef !
I have not tried the OTS maps yet. I believe they only have stage 1 maps so far. I'm sure a custom MHD tune would be great but I am happy with the stack for now.
(#181)
Old

Default 11-07-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC39
I'm actually running into that now with the colder mornings. Jb4 and E50. That's encouraging that it seems to have gone away for you. I ordered the cables for MHD but they are out of stock so it'll be a little bit before I can try it out.
I am not 100% sure that the long cranks are gone since I have only had the MHD for 2 days. But I will keep you posted!
(#182)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-07-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, it's a DCT. Been doing lots of testing with it and no problems up to 140mph so far. Also have another local 135i DCT test car (stock turbo) running the PUMP file at Shift Sector last week, no issues up to 140mph in his either. I think whatever problems "Newguy" has are specific to his car.
The stock turbo with JB4/Cobb stack runs great. I ran that all day with absolutely zero issues at a NFZ event; E50, max boost, on a 90ish degree day. So it doesn't surprise me the test car runs good.

It's the PS2 on E series DCTs that seem to be challenging and with very little information posted. It would be nice if you could share some logs of your car ripping through a few gears so we can possibly learn something.

I don't think it is a HW issue on Newguys car. It runs great on a stock ppk/jb4 stack at 17 psi. Cant turn the boost up because the dct will slip. Load a BEF flash and it starts to misfire right after shifting. Same thing happens on flash only.

I am hoping there is some sort of load limit that is being tripped due to the shift that can be adjusted in a table identified by MHD. I don't know if this is true, but it seems like the N55 dct cars are a little more difficult to tune.
(#183)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 11-07-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
ok i will send a log over soon. i flashed back to stock yesterday (ppk/jb4 map 6) to test and the throttle response was back to normal. with mhd it takes a split second longer after going wot then gets into boost regardless of rpm.
I have the same issuse, definitely a 1sec delay with the pump flash compared to stock flash going WOT but tip in is instant.
(#184)
Old

Car: 2011 e90 335i
Default 11-07-2016, 08:43 PM

So I did something stupid today, I was reflashing pump bef map to disable cold start delete but I forgot to put jb4 on map 0 and it said the flash would take 35 min even thought I had MHD installed. Stupidly, I though I could abort since I wasn't hooked up to charger but that put my dme in recovery mode, I went ahead and flashed the pump bef again and that got things working again. I'm going to uninstall mhd and take of jb4 out of bef and start over again, what would be the sequence for this?
Would the following take me back to "stock"?
-set jb4 to map 0
-uninstall mhd
-set jb4 to 4/0 (to remove Bef setting)
(#185)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2016, 08:50 PM

If the flash is loaded now why do anything else?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#186)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemarr 335i
I have the same issuse, definitely a 1sec delay with the pump flash compared to stock flash going WOT but tip in is instant.
Log it.

Burger Motorsports

(#187)
Old

Car: 2011 e90 335i
Default 11-07-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
If the flash is loaded now why do anything else?
I'm also wondering because I have to take car to dealer so I want to know how to get back to "stock" with jb4 alone in map 0
(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Flash back the stock file if you want to remove the BEF. The JB4 goes back to mode 4/3 then.

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 11-07-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's a DCT. Been doing lots of testing with it and no problems up to 140mph so far. Also have another local 135i DCT test car (stock turbo) running the PUMP file at Shift Sector last week, no issues up to 140mph in his either. I think whatever problems "Newguy" has are specific to his car.
Terry is there any chance you could post up a new dyno and a log of the 135 dct?

In the LTT you were struggling with misfires and I assume things have come a long way since then.

Im vt2 and seriously contemplating jumping ship to pure.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#190)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2016, 09:49 PM

I should be able to get that car back on the dyno later this week.

Burger Motorsports

(#191)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 11-07-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Love your work

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#192)
Old

Car: 435
Default 11-07-2016, 10:53 PM

look forward to see a F series N55 BEF soon which work with JB4 ISO FW
(#193)
Old

Default 11-08-2016, 06:47 AM

Guys, I just have to say, I find MHD + tuner pro SO much easier to work with. For those of you that like to dial in your car and are ok with excel I recommend checking your logs and dialing in timing and fuel to your liking. Its super fast and easy now. Also, I know its a little petty, but I am loving the burble exhaust option .

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7, Most importantly CF Roof!
(#194)
Old

Default 11-08-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Awesome. Would be nice to see logs on the street as well. From what I have seen, car can run great on the dyno, but when driving wot on the street going through the gears, sometimes issues pop up.

Looking forward to your results.
(#195)
Old

Default 11-08-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I have an e90 with DP, CP, alpina flash, and intake. I am currently running 45% e85/55% 93 octane on map 5/e85 flash. Straight 93 octane with the pump flash felt very strong too. I plan on doing a 5" FMIC in the Spring. MHD is well worth the money IMO. Good luck!
Can i see a log ? On pump flash if possible please
(#196)
Old

Default 11-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours
Can i see a log ? On pump flash if possible please
Yes I can do that. It has been raining here for the last 2 days but I should be able to log by tomorrow.
(#197)
Old

Default 11-08-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Yes I can do that. It has been raining here for the last 2 days but I should be able to log by tomorrow.
Ok thx buddy i appreciate ! Possibly on 93 oct
(#198)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Had a few moments so strapped our 2011 135i N55 DCT development car for a few more runs on the latest BEF changes before posting them. Car is on an E35 mix and both of these runs were on the PUMP BEF. Tried a few runs on the E85 map but on this mix it picked up a few more timing drops without picking up more power. So would probably need E50 for that one at least at this power level.

For fun also did a run on map2 just to see the power spread from 17psi up to 23psi.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#199)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 11-08-2016, 02:20 PM

Freaking. Awesome. Just to be clear, Terry, is the test car FBO?
(#200)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2016, 02:22 PM

Not quite.

PS2 turbo, IC, intake, JB4, Fuel-IT PI rail, Stage1 in tank pump. Factory exhaust parts. On the port injection with E30 I don't even need to turn it on until around 21psi.

Burger Motorsports