N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-03-2016, 06:00 PM

Ok guys, I have been playing around with the new MHD XFD. I studied the n54 vanos variants for stock, hybrid, and singles. I wanted to play around with the new vanos tables. Backpressure has been a potential issue for this platform for a while. I build some vanos tables that increase the value for intake and exhaust. The intake is increased more than the exhaust, which increases post spool LSA. I also made a timing table that takes some timing away (.5) just from the high spots in the PI e85 bin timing tables. I randomly get timing corrections that I dont like, so I wanted to try to make the tune dialed in for my car. The vanos and timing changes where minor.

I am not suggesting you guys use this bin. I have had the cleanest logs and hardest pulls since making the changes. I have logs but my jb4 mobile is not emailing them out for some reason. Car is running like a absolute beast. If these vanos changes are in the right direction then I am sure terry and the like will get us dialed in at some point. Vanos tables and LSA changes range from 2-5 only in certain places.

For those who are interested take a look see. Only tables changed where timing main, vanos in and ex warm.

Note my mods in signature. Not sure if effective for other set ups.

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7, Most importantly CF Roof!
(#127)
Old

Default 11-03-2016, 06:03 PM

The bin is too large, says limit is 97mb. Who can upload this for me?

If interested and you have the same mods, send me your email.

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7, Most importantly CF Roof!
(#128)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-03-2016, 08:40 PM

I feel like my car takes a tad longer now to respond after going WOT compared to ppk flash/old cobb BEF etc. i know menu 11 increases sensitivity but thats not doing it for me set at 4. i dont remember the cobb BEF feeling as slow to respond, has anyone else noticed this or is it just in my head?

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#129)
Old

Default 11-04-2016, 03:24 AM

already has a map for pure stage 2?
(#130)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 11-04-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel3443
Wait, so does the BEF disable the cold startup? I would love that...
It's a flash option that can be applied to any map.
(#131)
Old

Car: '11 335i M-Sport
Default 11-04-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You need to copy the BEF files to your device first.
Terry, does your 5.12 test software include the 4/4 option to disable the JB4 completely?

Thank you
(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2016, 01:58 PM

It's in there but not tested. After selecting 4/4 you'd also have to put the blue solenoid connector back to stock to bypass the ISO wastegate control.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#133)
Old

Default 11-05-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
I feel like my car takes a tad longer now to respond after going WOT compared to ppk flash/old cobb BEF etc. i know menu 11 increases sensitivity but thats not doing it for me set at 4. i dont remember the cobb BEF feeling as slow to respond, has anyone else noticed this or is it just in my head?

Newguy, is it possible that the slow response going WOT is due to the volume of that massive intercooler you just installed?
(#134)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-05-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress
Newguy, is it possible that the slow response going WOT is due to the volume of that massive intercooler you just installed?
No I don't think so, I've been trying a few things on my car as of late one of them being ppk as a BEF the other being flash only no jb4. Both of them felt normal. This was something I noticed ONLY after loading the BMS pump flash.maybe I should try re flashing possible something loaded funky with the write if I'm the only one

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#135)
Old

Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 11-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Which BEF for PS2 E50 no meth or PI?

I have TBI just not connected due to not being able to get it dialed in.

or should I connect the TBI and run the larger turbo injection map?

N55 135i DCT, Pure Stg 2, JB4 map 7 E50, N54tuning DP, VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, AFE sealed intake, Ohlins R&T, Voshlag camber plates, corner balanced, M3 front control arms, M3 FSB, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 rear wishbone, RPI quad exhaust, APEX Arc 8 wheels, Fuel-it stg2 LPFP- Fuel lines- E sensor, BMS OCC, Quaife LSD
(#136)
Old

Default 11-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
No I don't think so, I've been trying a few things on my car as of late one of them being ppk as a BEF the other being flash only no jb4. Both of them felt normal. This was something I noticed ONLY after loading the BMS pump flash.maybe I should try re flashing possible something loaded funky with the write if I'm the only one
Interesting, please let us know if it is resolved when you reflash.
Also, have you made any progress with your misfire issues?
(#137)
Old

Car: 2011 e90 335i
Default 11-05-2016, 05:27 PM

I'm flashing the bef 102716 pump map right now, what is the process for updating the maps as Terry provides them?

Is it:
Set JB4 to map 0 and then flash the updated map via MHD and then select jb4 map one flash is completed?

Since 4/2 is already enabled, no need to set that again right?
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Select map0 when flashing, then go to map1, map2, etc, after flashing. You select 4/2 only once to get the JB4 in the proper mode. And email for v5.12 JB4 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#139)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 11-05-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Same here, definitely as a slight delay in spool. weird.
(#140)
Old

Default 11-06-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Select map0 when flashing, then go to map1, map2, etc, after flashing. You select 4/2 only once to get the JB4 in the proper mode. And email for v5.12 JB4 firmware.
Cool, thanks. Hmm doesn't seem like i can PM you for iso v5.12, what email should i email you on?
(#141)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2016, 10:03 AM

It's in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#142)
Old

Default 11-06-2016, 10:44 AM

Terry any word on getting cold start back ? My car throws a 36BE code but only on start up, maybe related to cold start delete ? Car runs great other than that.
(#143)
Old

Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 11-06-2016, 01:05 PM

Can somebody chime in on bms flash + jb4 vs jb4 alone ??

Im curious to know if the flash is on point and if it opens more power ? I heard some had trouble with transmission and only 4 timing up top and 8 mid range ?
(#144)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2016, 01:35 PM

BEF is running great, stronger than JB4 only especially on pump fuels.

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Default 11-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Good so far for me jb4+pump flash....have a slight delay tho when going WOT that never happened with the stock flash and cobb BEF, also get a 36BE code on every start up, maybe related to cold start delete.
(#146)
Old

Car: '11 335i M-Sport
Default 11-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Terry,

VERY impressed by the 10/27 maps!! Are there any changes to the 11/6 maps other than the cold start control?
(#147)
Old

Default 11-06-2016, 07:12 PM

After flashing bef yesterday, my car kept dying as I went to turn it on today, I had cold start delete flashed. I had to re flash the 110616 pump map to be able to drive my car.
(#148)
Old

Default 11-06-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
BEF is running great, stronger than JB4 only especially on pump fuels.
Why stronger ? Its more powerful or only smoother ? What about timing ?
(#149)
Old

Default 11-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 Tech
Terry,

VERY impressed by the 10/27 maps!! Are there any changes to the 11/6 maps other than the cold start control?

Tell me more ! How is it different to jb4 alone !? I want some impressions !
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours
Why stronger ? Its more powerful or only smoother ? What about timing ?
With the factory BEF the JB4 is optimized for higher timing, less boost. With the BEF we optimize it for more boost, less timing. With the extra fuel control we're able to run things a little more aggressively as well. Overall well worth the extra $200 to load it IMHO.

Burger Motorsports