N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 10-11-2016, 05:08 AM

Wouldn't the justification for this kit over the PS2 be that PS2 can't make 650whp and beyond? The setup is definitely capable of more, as this is conservative timing wise and still using Cobb.

N55 World Record 650whp 571tq
2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.
(#127)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 10-11-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anytyme
Wouldn't the justification for this kit over the PS2 be that PS2 can't make 650whp and beyond? The setup is definitely capable of more, as this is conservative timing wise and still using Cobb.
Yeah, area under the curve really doesn't mean anything unless it is so peaky that you can't keep the power up between shifts. That is obviously not the case here as you should have at least a 3.5k power band. This thing should be a screamer! Get it to the track and be the first N55 in the 10's
(#128)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 10-11-2016, 06:06 AM

Already on the checklist brother.

N55 World Record 650whp 571tq
2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.
(#129)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 10-11-2016, 06:19 AM

I want my run ��.... PS2 vs VM kit
(#130)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-11-2016, 06:38 AM

I agree with area under the curve not really mattering for drag strip type fun, but for road racing, etc, you are not always at the peak rpm -3.5k range. I think this turbo has more power potential for sure, its probably on the smaller side. I am just hoping to see more of a difference after we compare this kit maxed out with MHD vs the PS2 maxed out with MHD. Right now i think its to early to tell.

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7, Most importantly CF Roof!
(#131)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 10-11-2016, 10:44 AM

You have to keep in mind that a stock frame hybrid turbo like the pure will never be as durable as a dedicated big turbo setup in any serious racing application.

2015 BSM M235xi | Enzo Big Turbo Kit | Enzo Flash | JB4 | Garrett GTX3586 | TiAL BOV | TiAL Wastegate | Enzo Manifold | Enzo DP | PDU PI | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | ATM FMIC | ER CP | Tuningwerk Exhaust | HRE FF15s

F Series N55 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.2s @ 127mph (Pure Stage 2)
(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2016, 11:22 AM

I can post some current comparisons later of a PS2 soon, I need to get our 2011 135i PS2 car on the dyno this week to evaluate the new Fuel-IT PI kit we just installed.

Roughly speaking though a PS2 is probably good for 550whp. Not really the same ballpark as a PTE 6266 that splits out 600-700whp with ease. With the twin scroll manifold the response is pretty good on the larger turbo kit too. The real trade off is the cost and reconfiguration of the engine bay. Also once you get north of 550whp the auto trans becomes an issue.

Since I want to keep our 2011 135i really stock looking and I'm happy with 500-550whp on it the hybrid turbo makes the most sense. That is still 100-150whp more than it made with the stock N55 turbo.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#133)
Old

Default 10-11-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Timing looked generally fine to me. Stable with few knock drops. Maybe slightly under advanced at higher RPM if anything.

In addition to switching it over to MHD it has an AIC6 on it which I'd suggest swapping out for a BMS JB4 controller. At some point a ground or power wire on the AIC6 came loose and it took me 20 min to figure out what was going on with it since the JB4 can't get any sort of PI flow signal from the AIC6. On the fueling in general it's possible your 2nd fuel pump isn't turning on, I'd suggest coming up with some way to get a low pressure sensor on the vehicle so the JB4 can read low fuel pressure and use that as a mapping point for the port injection. That would also provide a lot more data as to where the fuel limitation is assuming the Stage3 low pressure is working as intended.
Terry would the JB4 integrated AIC6 work just fine or would you recommend the BMS JB4 controller?
(#134)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2016, 05:57 PM

BMS controller is preferred. If you already have the AIC6 it does work in an integrated format although for either one you need a special 2431 driver chip for the JB4 board. Email us for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#135)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2016, 05:59 PM

Had a chance to take a few runs in our 2011 N55 DCT w/ PS2 turbo. It's running port injection, E30, factory exhaust, catted DP, etc. Overall a clean and simple setup.

Was mostly working on our upcoming MHD N55 BEF maps so just tuned it up for a conservative 500whp at 23psi. Here is a comparison to the ACF kit... PS2 adds 100whp over the stock turbo but ACF adds another 120hp over the PS2. The PS2 shines below 4200rpm.

Also was able to verify the MHD speed delimiter works.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#136)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-11-2016, 06:37 PM

That looks very clean for e30 blend! A nice difference in timing as well for the PS2 vs ACF Top Mount.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#137)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-11-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Had a chance to take a few runs in our 2011 N55 DCT w/ PS2 turbo. It's running port injection, E30, factory exhaust, catted DP, etc. Overall a clean and simple setup.

Was mostly working on our upcoming MHD N55 BEF maps so just tuned it up for a conservative 500whp at 23psi. Here is a comparison to the ACF kit... PS2 adds 100whp over the stock turbo but ACF adds another 120hp over the PS2. The PS2 shines below 4200rpm.

Also was able to verify the MHD speed delimiter works.
Great news about the speed de limiter! Hopefully MHD proves to be king over Cobb for the n55 back end flashes timing looks good in this log! do you have a 23psi graph we can compare to against the PS2?

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#138)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 10-11-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
Great news about the speed de limiter! Hopefully MHD proves to be king over Cobb for the n55 back end flashes timing looks good in this log! do you have a 23psi graph we can compare to against the PS2?
Yeah that would be more "apples for apples".
Maybe even a Cobb v MHD run too?
(#139)
Old

Default 10-12-2016, 06:54 AM

Terry,

Thanks for the comparison. The top mount set up has way less timing, is running 5 more PSI, and is running 100% e85. The new top mount should definitely provide a higher ceiling compared to the hybrid. Had a few questions about that last dyno and log you posted on your 135i.

1. Is that running the MHD back end flash. Logs look amazing for e30 at 23 psi.
2. Why limit your fuel to e30 if your fuel system will support e85? I am curious if you have a reason that I should consider, as I daily my pi e85 car.
3. You loged 23 psi on the new top mount. Did you happen to dyno this psi (referencing page one)

Thank You

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7, Most importantly CF Roof!
(#140)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2016, 09:09 AM

For our 2011 it doesn't run well with higher mixtures, maybe low pressure related, as its only running a Stage1 setup. If your fuel system supports enough volume for straight E85 then go for it.

I'll check the ACF data later for a 23psi run.

Burger Motorsports

(#141)
Old

Default 10-12-2016, 09:44 AM

Was this running the MHD back end flash?

(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2016, 10:10 AM

Our 2011? Yes working on MHD BEF development now.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Default 10-12-2016, 10:25 AM

I hope this has a lot to do with how clean that log looks.

(#144)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2016, 10:33 AM

So far it's not any different than the Cobb BEF. Not touched the valvetronic or any new tables yet. Just trying to get it where it was with the Cobb flash environment.

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 10-12-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
I hope this has a lot to do with how clean that log looks.
That's a no brainer. A stock flash wont look that clean.

2018 C63s AMG
JB4 E30, Pedal Tuner
(#146)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
Terry, thanks for taking some time to help us develop this platform. I roughly laid this chart over the latest PS2 results and it appears that the area under the curve is roughly the same. I think we would need to get more peak power to justify this over the pure stage 2. I am hoping the MHD allows us to pick up some mid range on this turbo and maybe some top end for the PS2..
MHD for the N54 has faster spool maps for large single turbos do they not? I would think they may be able to match the current spool of the PS2. I will be excited if they can increase the PS2 spool response.

2011 E92 335i Auto Sold
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | Custom MHD | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | AEM Meth Injection | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | GFB DV+ | AR DP |
(#147)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM

A 6266 turbo even with a twin scroll manifold is not going to spool like a factory hybrid turbo. But what you loose down low you gain in multiples up top.

Burger Motorsports

(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2016, 01:46 PM

Here is a comparison of both systems set to 23psi. Note the PS2 car is catted so the tailpipe reading is ~1/2pt leaner than actual.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-12-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Here is a comparison of both systems set to 23psi. Note the PS2 car is catted so the tailpipe reading is ~1/2pt leaner than actual.
thanks for the comparison PS2 is pretty great bang for your buck!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#150)
Old

Car: 335
Default 10-12-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
thanks for the comparison PS2 is pretty great bang for your buck!
you basically have the same setup as Terrys 135i... you can run E40 on the stock fuel system? so you must be close to 500rwhp??