(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis485
Nice

Terry, on what fuel is that log?
This car is equipped with a fuel-it flex fuel sensor. E75 as read from the JB4.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 09-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Where is the PWM at that boost level? The spool response seems to be pretty good.

2011 E92 335i Auto Sold
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | Custom MHD | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | AEM Meth Injection | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | GFB DV+ | AR DP |
(#28)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 09-09-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The verdict is still out but the flash tools for the E series N55 are very limited. I can set timing, fuel trims, and AFR curve, then boost via the JB4. That is about it. No valvetronic or vanos tables, no advanced tables to enable anti-lag, can't disable under-boost false alarm fault code, etc
We have all that in F series and bootmod3
Still dialling in my car on 93 pump defining all tables etc. car runs strong just fixing 6th gear issue now. Then move to e50 and pi.

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Boost
Where is the PWM at that boost level? The spool response seems to be pretty good.
With pressure activated wastegates the PWM doesn't mean much. It's all relative to the WG spring used. In this case PWM is low because the WG spring is relatively high (around 16psi).

Spool is pretty impressive for 3rd and 4th gear runs. Seems better than an N54. Maybe due to the valvetronic?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
We have all that in F series and bootmod3
Still dialling in my car on 93 pump defining all tables etc. car runs strong just fixing 6th gear issue now. Then move to e50 and pi.
Yes I'm hoping that turns out to have the tools we need to make/publish F series back end flash maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Car: '11 335i MT
Default 09-10-2016, 03:59 AM

This is awesome! Cant wait for the results on how far this lushes our platform.

N55 FBO + Meth
(#32)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 09-10-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
The verdict is still out but the flash tools for the E series N55 are very limited. I can set timing, fuel trims, and AFR curve, then boost via the JB4. That is about it. No valvetronic or vanos tables, no advanced tables to enable anti-lag, can't disable under-boost false alarm fault code, etc

Terry what's the most challenge at this moment for N55 E9X big turbo?
1 Factory diverter in to Tial bov
2 Internal wg to external Tial wg
3 Disabling MAF sensor

I'm just trying to figure out which big turbo I should buy for my 11 e9x N55
1 PTE 5862 with Tial external wg
2 EFR 7670 with Tial external wg
3 EFR 7670 with internal wg (flow less )
Can you suggest which one of this is easier to tune at this point.
Thank you.

F10 N63tu @FrozenF10 Grey with full OEM M5 conversion Beta JB4/BCM, GTX3076r | F10 stealth progressive meth| Custom inlets with CAI | Eibach springs| custom exh**st with 😼less dwnps |
E90 N55 VS2 DBB with custom inlet-short air intake | BMS JB4/MHD bef/ISO+FF wires E50 corn | 100% Meth-Injection | BMS-occ,cf,ocv, | Big Tom FMIC | Fuel-it S2 LPFP | 5" CP-E ** | BMW-pe |

Last edited by M335; 09-10-2016 at 12:58 PM..
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 01:41 PM

No issues with 1-3 at the moment. We'll see how it pans out when we get it on the dyno.

This PTE 6266 G2 seems a nice fit. But the key is retaining a twinscroll manifold. I don't have much experience with the EFR turbos so you'd wnat to run all those questions by a hardware person.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 09-10-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
No issues with 1-3 at the moment. We'll see how it pans out when we get it on the dyno.

This PTE 6266 G2 seems a nice fit. But the key is retaining a twinscroll manifold. I don't have much experience with the EFR turbos so you'd wnat to run all those questions by a hardware person.
The turbo does look pretty snug, any chance you guys could make a filter to fit that small gap?

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#35)
Old

Car: N55 2012 335i M-Sport Coupe
Default 09-10-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
The turbo does look pretty snug, any chance you guys could make a filter to fit that small gap?
Does look tight but it looks like an HKS Super Power Flow filter might fit. My Supra had one on it when I bought the car. The HKS filter didn't come far off of the front of the intake pipe at all. I've seen a few on cars with the MAF after the turbo and those filters mounted right on the turbo didn't seem to take up much space.

2012 E92 335i
SpeedTech Stg3 EFR-8374, Wedge/MHD, BMS CAI OCC & CP, PSP 900 IC, HKS Legamax, PR N55 Coils, Fuel-It Bucketless Stg3, TTFS +60 HPFP, EOS manifold, Fuel-It lines and E-Sensor
1998 E36 M3 Sedan

Last edited by VACust; 09-10-2016 at 03:18 PM..
(#36)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACust
Does look tight but it looks like an HKS Super Power Flow filter might fit. My Supra had one on it when I bought the car. The HKS filter didn't come far off of the front of the intake pipe at all. I've seen a few on cars with the MAF after the turbo and those filters mounted right on the turbo didn't seem to take up much space.
True true, some filters have melted like BMS has shown so id like to make sure.

Cool you have a supra too? What year?

(#37)
Old

Car: N55 2012 335i M-Sport Coupe
Default 09-10-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
True true, some filters have melted like BMS has shown so id like to make sure.

Cool you have a supra too? What year?
97 6-speed. I didn't run that filter long so I can't say anything on durability, and it wasn't as close to the radiator as this looks. There are a couple of stories out there about that filter getting sucked into a turbo. It had a Borg Warner S360 on a pieced together single kit when l bought it with the HK filter. I sold all of those parts and went to a Precision PT7275 and used a K&N filter mounted on an intake tube a good 10" or more away from the turbo

I have used a K&N part #RU-2510 on a TT Mustang with the old HP Performance twin kit that mounted the turbos under the headlights in side front bumper. Those are only 3.5" high and 4" flange. If that won't fit the HKS will probably be tight to. I know of a fox body Mustang around my area with an On3 70mm single using the small K&N, and it melted to the turbo.

2012 E92 335i
SpeedTech Stg3 EFR-8374, Wedge/MHD, BMS CAI OCC & CP, PSP 900 IC, HKS Legamax, PR N55 Coils, Fuel-It Bucketless Stg3, TTFS +60 HPFP, EOS manifold, Fuel-It lines and E-Sensor
1998 E36 M3 Sedan

Last edited by VACust; 09-10-2016 at 09:03 PM..
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Our short single turbo silicon filter doesn't fit but I know ACF plans to sort something out IF this kit makes it in to production.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-10-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Our short single turbo silicon filter doesn't fit but I know ACF plans to sort something out IF this kit makes it in to production.
I really hate running filterless it damages the Turbine and clogs up the intercooler eventually. Hope the kit makes it and someone creates a filter.

(#40)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-10-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I really hate running filterless it damages the Turbine and clogs up the intercooler eventually. Hope the kit makes it and someone creates a filter.
There is a screen, which is better than nothing.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Yes that would be mandatory for a production kit. For a one off experiment, not a super high priority, yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 09-10-2016, 10:17 PM

this is really exciting!

Hope Martial will find time and resources for N55 soon

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#43)
Old

Default 09-10-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
this is really exciting!

Hope Martial will find time and resources for N55 soon
Should be out end of the month
(#44)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-10-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:

Why is a twinscroll manifold so important?

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#45)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-11-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Why is a twinscroll manifold so important?
Probably to help with "lag". Since we're all used to BMWs having full torque at ~1500rpm due to the small compressor and twin scroll exhaust gas flow. Switching to a large turbo on single scroll would probably push power to 3500rpm, having exhaust gasses drive the turbo in two stages would probably drop the lag to ~2300rpm making it more tolerable.

(#46)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-11-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Probably to help with "lag". Since we're all used to BMWs having full torque at ~1500rpm due to the small compressor and twin scroll exhaust gas flow. Switching to a large turbo on single scroll would probably push power to 3500rpm, having exhaust gasses drive the turbo in two stages would probably drop the lag to ~2300rpm making it more tolerable.
I dont mind having power4-7k range though. Who cares about 1500-3000 rpm power.

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#47)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 09-11-2016, 01:28 PM

I'm going to be like a kid on Christmas eve waiting for dyno results tomorrow.

N55 World Record 650whp 571tq
2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.
(#48)
Old

Car: '12 335i xDrive E92
Default 09-11-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemarr 335i
Should be out end of the month
I swear if it is I'll buy everyone a round😂
(#49)
Old

Default 09-11-2016, 05:07 PM