N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#301)
Old

Car: 2013 135i M Sport
Default 07-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Terry you need to quit posting this stuff... your making me think seriously about going to the dealership and driving out with an M4

(#302)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 07-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Holly sh1t that thing must feel like a monster now congrats!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#303)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-03-2014, 10:47 PM

Great results!!

So I'm curious how the DCT will withstand all this power increase. Apparently it's holding up well?
(#304)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-03-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain925
Great results!!

So I'm curious how the DCT will withstand all this power increase. Apparently it's holding up well?
Don't jinx it At the moment only thing that can stop this from being a great platform.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#305)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-04-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferTransport
In other news, my car is slow all of a sudden
Amen!!! N54's need to watch out for any m3/4 they're literally sleepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain925
Great results!!

I'm sure it will do fine, I believe it's the same thing as the M5/6 is. That's making more torque than the m3/4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#306)
Old

Car: 2013 F21 M135i MT
Default 07-04-2014, 04:49 AM

Outstanding work Terry !

2013 F21 M135i 6MT
JB4 / PWG / BMS intake / BMS meth kit / FSB / ER CP / Down Pipe / VTT stg1 / Pure inlet / GFB DV+ / AFE air scoop / N20 Tmap / Rev3 Connect / M performance exhaust / ACS springs / H&R Trak spacers / M Performance V2 steering
(#307)
Old

Car: 135 DCT
Default 07-04-2014, 05:26 AM

Well done Terry! Car must be a pleasure to drive. Now for some V-box numbers

2014 M235 8ZF
(#308)
Old

Car: M5
Default 07-04-2014, 08:31 AM

Terry just sold the m5 last night so no need to look at firmware :p

I was wondering if there are any test mule options for us new m4 owners :p just got mine today and above 70 its nothing like the 63tu especially with stage 1 on it :p
(#309)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2014, 08:37 AM

I know everyone wants to join in on testing. But we've got plenty of work to go on this front before we're ready for that. Hopefully in a couple weeks we can get people testing the lower boost maps.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#310)
Old

Default 07-04-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335irlz
Terry just sold the m5 last night so no need to look at firmware :p

I was wondering if there are any test mule options for us new m4 owners :p just got mine today and above 70 its nothing like the 63tu especially with stage 1 on it :p
Could you elaborate more about this?
(#311)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM

Terry has a deep rooted love for nos octane booster LOL

e92
(#312)
Old

Car: E92 M3, F32 435Ms
Default 07-04-2014, 08:55 AM

I'm in no rush to go buy another car since I just got the 435, but in a year or so, an M4 and this tune are going to be hard to resist. Wow.

BMS JB4, Intake, FF and EWG harness, M Performance Exhaust, ER coated DP/CP, and a barrel of 104 octane
(#313)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2014, 09:16 AM

Combined the dyno threads with a link in the first post to the E85 dyno results.

Did another round of VBOX testing on a private track this AM and managed 126mph on the E30 tune with room for improvement. Need to make some adjustments to the E50 tune and when those are working I'll time it as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#314)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-04-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Combined the dyno threads with a link in the first post to the E85 dyno results.

Did another round of VBOX testing on a private track this AM and managed 126mph on the E30 tune with room for improvement. Need to make some adjustments to the E50 tune and when those are working I'll time it as well.
Can you just dump full e85 and meth already and break 600whp. Or save that for the day we go together.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#315)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Can you just dump full e85 and meth already and break 600whp. Or save that for the day we go together.
On E30 things go smoothly at 500rw. With E50 trying to push 540rw there are a lot of headaches I'm trying to sort out. At the moment I think 550rw will be around the upper limit on power without changing any hard parts and that will probably require race gas instead of E85. Most likely the highest E85 mix we'll suggest will be E30.

Burger Motorsports

(#316)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 07-04-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
On E30 things go smoothly at 500rw. With E50 trying to push 540rw there are a lot of headaches I'm trying to sort out. At the moment I think 550rw will be around the upper limit on power without changing any hard parts and that will probably require race gas instead of E85. Most likely the highest E85 mix we'll suggest will be E30.
Not sure if you are ready to share but are you seeing low pressure fuel delivery issues with E50 like we commonly see on the N54 platform? Or at the limits of fuel scalar? You can always try splitting the difference and give E40 a go Thanks for the updates!

335is DCT

Last edited by musc; 07-04-2014 at 03:00 PM..
(#317)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2014, 03:16 PM

Fuel pressure seems OK. Just fuel trim limitations within the DME. It has an interesting new behavior too. When trims max out instead of going very lean it actually goes very rich, like 10:1, and starts misfiring.

Burger Motorsports

(#318)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default 07-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Damn. This car is making power. Excellent work Terry. Do you think the N55 with bigger turbo at these boost levels would make similar power? What's so potent about this S55 compared to our current N55 (Is it ///M, Magic??)

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#319)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Master
Damn. This car is making power. Excellent work Terry. Do you think the N55 with bigger turbo at these boost levels would make similar power? What's so potent about this S55 compared to our current N55 (Is it ///M, Magic??)
Our N55 makes around 470whp with 20psi on a Vargas turbo. It won't support these 25psi+ boost levels. But N54s with the same boost levels make a lot more power than that! For example at 27psi our single turbo 135i makes 620whp. But for a factory car I can't complain.

Burger Motorsports

(#320)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 07-05-2014, 10:22 AM

^^^^^^^ Curious about this also......damn I want a m3 now smh, but ima ride the n55 train for now ��
(#321)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 07-05-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Our N55 makes around 470whp with 20psi on a Vargas turbo. It won't support these 25psi+ boost levels. But N54s with the same boost levels make a lot more power than that! For example at 27psi our single turbo 135i makes 620whp. But for a factory car I can't complain.
You are doing an amazing job. Keep us posted!

Did you end up seeing differences with the carbon filters removed?
How was traction with the E30 blend?

Keep me in mind for your testing! Im right here in SoCal!
(#322)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2014, 12:08 PM

I forgot I removed those filters. Didn't seem to do anything. Can't hurt I guess.

Traction is manageable on the E30 map. It's all around a pretty great setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#323)
Old

Default 07-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I forgot I removed those filters. Didn't seem to do anything. Can't hurt I guess.

Traction is manageable on the E30 map. It's all around a pretty great setup.
Good to hear. I'll be looking to put some wider tires on eventually (I'm sure the first set might not make it very long), but I'm very glad to hear that it isn't too much. I wonder how track performance will turn out at those levels. I'm stoked.
(#324)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 07-05-2014, 01:04 PM

Sorry if its been covered before, but any chance the exhaust is restrictive enough to be losing Hp, especially at the PSI your running, or even at stock?
(#325)
Old

Default 07-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
Sorry if its been covered before, but any chance the exhaust is restrictive enough to be losing Hp, especially at the PSI your running, or even at stock?
I know this is for Terry to answer, but if you simply look at the design of it and take into account that cats always restrict flow, I'm sure there is enough hp loss to validate a DP purchase.