N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2011, 05:48 PM

No set ETA for it. But hopefully not too much longer!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#727)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 05-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Stage Two!!!!!!

(#728)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Terry, all I can say..... the tune is freaking awesome!!!!

Today we had a cruise up here in Toronto, lots of cars showed up, we had a blast. I was pushing my car for the whole day, and when I say push it I mean going WOT all the way to the limiter.... Running + 5 psi on 94 octane..... No CEL's .... ran like a champ!!! All I can say is you're da MAN!!!!
Actually out of all N54 and N55(just me ) everyone had your tune, not a single re-flash or that "other" tune....Also one of the guys was running a cooling mist meth kit on his n54 set up was really sweet. Can't wait for meth support on N55!!!

It might not seem really clear what I was trying to say here, because I'm still over exited .... All I wanna say is Keep it up!!! Great job on that tune!!!!
(#729)
Old

Car: 135 N55 DCT '11
Default 05-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_russian

Today we had a cruise up here in Toronto, lots of cars showed up, we had a blast. I was pushing my car for the whole day, and when I say push it I mean going WOT all the way to the limiter.... Running + 5 psi on 94 octane..... No CEL's .... ran like a champ!!! All I can say is you're da MAN!!!!
Actually out of all N54 and N55(just me ) everyone had your tune, not a single re-flash or that "other" tune....Also one of the guys was running a cooling mist meth kit on his n54 set up was really sweet. Can't wait for meth support on N55!!!

It might not seem really clear what I was trying to say here, because I'm still over exited .... All I wanna say is Keep it up!!! Great job on that tune!!!!
I'm like the only n55 in indonesia which has Terry's tune :D
And its kicking the likes of m3s and porches haha
Thank you Terry, keep up the great work
(#730)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_russian

Awesome! Very happy to hear that! Thanks again!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#731)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Yeah Terry, this thing is great!

I had an onramp race with a 2005ish Audi RS4 yesterday. We basically went 10mph - 100mph. We were literally dead even the entire way. This was at +4.25 on 91 octane.

I am impatiently awaiting stage 2, as well!
(#732)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 09:41 AM

Hey Terry,

Have you thought about maybe doing an iOS/Android app for your software? You would need to confiture some sort of USB --> dock connector adaptor, but I would pay handsomely for this feature.

Just a thought.
(#733)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay
Hey Terry,

Have you thought about maybe doing an iOS/Android app for your software? You would need to confiture some sort of USB --> dock connector adaptor, but I would pay handsomely for this feature.

Just a thought.
thats a great idea!

you can buy one here
www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html
plx kiwi works great if you want to read data off your car on your iphone while driving

all terry had to do is to make the software for iOS :D
also terry, valet mode would be superb (turn boost off)
(#734)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Updated DME today and straight after I went to log 2nd and 3rd gear WOT
settings are exactly the same as in the front page except for 4psi over boost rather than 3.5psi

Mods are:
AR DP
Berk Race Full
HPA drop in filter

95 octane (prbly around 93 in U.S. Rating) + a bottle of NOS Octane Booster
so around 98-99Ron or so

i must say, i dont feel laggy at all, the car jump straight away when i put 15% throttle, and it feels freakishly awesome! :h appy

SUPERB JOB TERRY!
custom tune me now pleasee :D

btw, heres a bit of a kill story, no one dares to touch me lol, not even quattroporte maseratti i met. lol :b urnrubber:

thanks terry!! :c lap:

P.S.
Terry, please check the CSV file i sent you over email, it has much more logging
Cheers,

Last edited by biasasaja; 05-09-2011 at 08:31 AM..
(#735)
Old
HPFP Stress Tester (6th)

Car: '11 N55 E92
Default 05-09-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborgia
Terry,

Any word on a new N55 stage 1 harness for cars manufactred after Feb. 2011?

I haven't gotten around to returning mine just yet, I will try to get it in the mail tomorrow, or possibly Monday.

Thanks!

Rich
What's different?

'11 335i LMB, 6M, M-Sport, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grills, CF competition spoiler, CDV, aFe Stage 2 Intake, cp-e CP, Lamin-X "Tint" Head-Fog-Tail Film, Schroth Rallye 4 Harnesses, debadged, CAN Tool, Vortex 260M 18" Track Wheels with BFG R1 (245/265), Hawk DTC-70/HP Plus pads.

RIP '08 135i -- Lemoned Out
(#736)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Terry,
I am with my friend who is having probs with boost in 2nd and 3rd gears. I have him set at +5 psi with 93 oct. He said he is getting good boost in 1st but dies out in the other gears. Could he be over boosting and the car as a precaution is killing the turbo? I am gunna try to put him at 4 psi and see what happens
(#737)
Old
HPFP Stress Tester (6th)

Car: '11 N55 E92
Default 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM

+5.5 PSI on 93 is running just fine...might want to log...

'11 335i LMB, 6M, M-Sport, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grills, CF competition spoiler, CDV, aFe Stage 2 Intake, cp-e CP, Lamin-X "Tint" Head-Fog-Tail Film, Schroth Rallye 4 Harnesses, debadged, CAN Tool, Vortex 260M 18" Track Wheels with BFG R1 (245/265), Hawk DTC-70/HP Plus pads.

RIP '08 135i -- Lemoned Out
(#738)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 02:59 PM

FYI..For every1 in tri-state area....Ralleye BMW in Westbury, Long Island...$132 + tax for DME update.
(#739)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatty
Terry,
I am with my friend who is having probs with boost in 2nd and 3rd gears. I have him set at +5 psi with 93 oct. He said he is getting good boost in 1st but dies out in the other gears. Could he be over boosting and the car as a precaution is killing the turbo? I am gunna try to put him at 4 psi and see what happens
Could be anything. If he has the old DME firmware, you'll go slower at higher than default values.

Burger Motorsports

(#740)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 05-09-2011, 06:13 PM

Hey guys I got my dme update today and besides being able to pull on a c63

I noticed that the Full traction control Off now has a car with burn out marks on the screen instead of the triangle I used to have.

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#741)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 05-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Hm..... I got dme 2.43.0 still have that triangle... Maybe it's different for DCT tranny
(#742)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 07:18 PM

intereting, ill try TIM YOYO soon :D
ive got the 2.41.2.0.1
(#743)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 07:24 PM

intereting, ill try TIM YOYO soon :D
ive got the 2.41.2.0.1
(#744)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Correction to my last post. I just spoke to my friend who is a tech at BMW and he told me if anyone wants to get ALL of the modules updated to the latest he will do it for $100. So any of you out there that is having trouble getting their DME updated to latest version and live in the tristate area, shoot me a PM and Iwill hook you guys up. And he will give you a before and after print out.
(#745)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 05-09-2011, 08:04 PM

huh...i thought these updates were all free?
(#746)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredirtyfive
huh...i thought these updates were all free?
thats a negative lol. only if there is a recall
(#747)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 09:20 PM

just say you are having long cranks

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#748)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#749)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMS
just say you are having long cranks
tried that. only works if there is a recall. they will test fuel pressure. thats what happend to my cousin. and he said he cant upgrade for free unless there is a bulletin.
(#750)
Old

Default 05-09-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMS
thats cool. cant wait to get my car back from body shop next week. did anything else change?