N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM

I'm sure something can be worked out. Just isn't high on our priority list yet! The MAF also makes intakes a pita. Tried to do a few runs with the lid open but the MAF airflow was off and the car lost 30hp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 05-12-2010, 01:43 PM

guess ill look for a 2010 if i can find one..

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#28)
Old
Holla

Car: 2009 335i 6MT
Default 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMS
Oh no way! My first turbo car and no bov !!!!
Sometimes you can tune it out.
(#29)
Old

Default 05-12-2010, 06:25 PM

no way !

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#30)
Old
Assistant pedal masher

Car: 335xi
Default 05-14-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Much more than that but really too early to share any details. All I can say at this point is existing JB3 owners will be very happy.
Cloud-based with google chrome OS and blu-ray playback over MOST Bus?

2011 335xi Sedan 6AT, Premium, CW, Nav, Space Gray, Oyster and black. N55 JB4.
(#31)
Old

Car: Black/Red 335i Coupe
Default 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM

How long until us JB3 users are very happy??? a month or 2? or 4-5 months???

Quote:
Much more than that but really too early to share any details. All I can say at this point is existing JB3 owners will be very happy.

But to get on topic for the N55 we're going to offer 3 stages. We're developing/tuning the first stage now. When that is done and we have something safe and powerful for our N55 customers we'll get to work on Stage 2. And those Stage 1 customers will be able to pay the difference to upgrade when Stage 2 is ready. And so forth to Stage 3.

12.1 @ 116MPH!!! 335i Gone

2012 GT-R 11.045 @ 122
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM

No specific ETA. Maybe 3 months?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#33)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M Sport sedan
Default 05-17-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Tried to do a few runs with the lid open but the MAF airflow was off and the car lost 30hp.
So if you take the lid off the stock car it loses power or is this happening only with the Beta tune ? Could this mean an aftermarket intake for the n55 is difficult to do ?
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru
So if you take the lid off the stock car it loses power or is this happening only with the Beta tune ? Could this mean an aftermarket intake for the n55 is difficult to do ?
Both. But what it means is that the (hot film) MAF sensor is going to make intake design very tricky. You'll also need to be very careful with filter oil contaminating the sensor and it's very possible that even a basic intake will require tuning adjustments to work properly. When we get to stage 2 I'll start to spend more time on intake design. Stage 1 is quick install tune only.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old
Administrator

Car: E82 135i
Send a message via AIM to BSM 335I
Default 05-21-2010, 01:52 AM

I honestly have no doubt in you T. I've been with you since the beginning of the jb1 days and have seen how quick you are to get a grasp on things. I mean sure there is new technology into play but honestly how long before the n55 surpasses the n54? Especially with it being in terry's hands and all. Though there's no doubt in mind the n54 has the most benefits right now, that may not be the case a few months down the road. With that said I'm am still more than thrilled to have purchased my n54 several months back.

Now I have to ask, does anyone know the size of the stock turbo on the n55? How much bigger is it compared to one of the n54's turbos?
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Racked up 1200 miles. Still not sure if launch control works. Will have to do some more testing Sunday. But the car is running strong on our stage 1 tuning. A few more tweaks and we'll be ready to expand testing! Making progress on diagnostics too.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Making some good progress with the boost control. It's a tricky system (and strangely suffers from throttle closure) but I'm getting the hang of it.

Still no luck on launch control though. Maybe doing something wrong?

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
JB since 2007

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-27-2010, 10:17 PM

I hope you work for a defense contractor on advanced programs and technology. They need smart and efficient electrical engineers and especially software development people. Your BMW will fit in nicely in their parking lots too.
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak
I hope you work for a defense contractor on advanced programs and technology. They need smart and efficient electrical engineers and especially software development people. Your BMW will fit in nicely in their parking lots too.
Ick a desk job?

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 05-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Found this interesting video on the interwebz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SeStczefz0
(#41)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 05-28-2010, 02:47 PM

uuuh...Terry posted that days ago here on n54.
(#42)
Old
9 seconds or bust.

Car: N54, M10, ALH/AEB
Send a message via AIM to ar design Send a message via MSN to ar design Send a message via Yahoo to ar design
Default 05-28-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
there isn't a lot of benefit in publicly sharing much info if you catch my drift.
Everyone knows you're actually stealing all the N55 tuning technology and ideas from another tuner

(EDIT: In case anyone can't tell, yes, that is pure, unadulterated ar design sarcasm

andrew | andrew@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info

powering some of the world's quickest and fastest N54s | home of the world's most powerful n54 530whp/550wtq @20psi
(#43)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-28-2010, 05:47 PM

What's wrong with the launch control?
(#44)
Old

Default 06-09-2010, 06:57 AM

135 is on the ship should be here in about 2 weeks. bEta Beta Beta

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#45)
Old
HPFP Stress Tester (6th)

Car: '11 N55 E92
Default 06-09-2010, 07:55 AM

July 20th performance delivery for me.

'11 335i LMB, 6M, M-Sport, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grills, CF competition spoiler, CDV, aFe Stage 2 Intake, cp-e CP, Lamin-X "Tint" Head-Fog-Tail Film, Schroth Rallye 4 Harnesses, debadged, CAN Tool, Vortex 260M 18" Track Wheels with BFG R1 (245/265), Hawk DTC-70/HP Plus pads.

RIP '08 135i -- Lemoned Out
(#46)
Old

Default 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM

nice mine arrives the 14th then it should be a couple days after that.

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Sounds good. Still waiting for those PnP connectors. Hopefully mid next week.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 06-09-2010, 06:56 PM

perfect timing any updates at all?

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#49)
Old

Car: DCT 135