Old

Car: 335i N54 2008
Default Best 335 E92 Manual short shifter?? - 05-22-2020, 08:55 PM

Hi guys

I want an RTD shifter, but their business is on halt due to
Coronavirus procedures, and the people that have purchased
Previously are going psycho on RTD’s instagram page
For them being delayed shipping by months
(Willing to buy a used RTD shifter if snyone is selling)

Im considering other options now
Whats the latest available now
No slop
Precise shifter kit

CAE is like 1k euro
And you have to hack your interior for it to fit

Anyone got any suggestions

Thx

2008 335i N54 FFtech Top Mount single turbo Precision 6266
JB4 G5 , VRSF 7" FMIC , VRSF CP + HKS BOV, Tial Wastegates
BMS METH KIT IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMP PI WITH 1055CC INJECTORS, PURE M1 METH,TMAP 3.5,
FUEL-IT STAGE2 BUCKETLESS LPFP, RB PCV. JB$ MHD BACKEND FLASH, xHP Stage2 v1.5
more to come...
(#2)
Old

Car: '07 e92 335i 6MT
Default 05-28-2020, 06:18 AM

I'm in the same boat. I tried to order an RTD during their Black Friday 2018 sale, but they apparently had the sale end at their local time (that's what I get for waiting until the last minute), but I've been trying to get in contact with them ever since through their facebook, instagram, and emails... never once did I get a reply. It sounds like I probably would have eventually received one had I just ordered during that time.

I can't imagine Maher has that many people working for him, so I'll just pretend that no communication means they're actually working rather than answering emails and phonecalls all day.

That said, I too am now looking into other options. My car is a street car, so I really had no interest in the reverse lockout that most chassis mounted shifters have. That was the biggest draw to the RTD for me.

The main options I've seen are (there are others, of course, but these are the self-centering style):
CAE
IRP
RTD
Samsonas
Coolerworx (specifically the "PRO" version)

I'm personally, not a fan of the IRP and Samsonas lever designs (just a little too race car for what I'm going for), so that leaves the Coolerworx. They also have a pretty nice mounting base/gasket that is chassis specific for an additional cost, but you'll still need a DSSR if you want to match the RTD package.

My current plan is to try out the Coolerworx with the BMS/Shiftek DSSR and see what happens.

Last edited by pinder91; 05-28-2020 at 06:32 AM..
(#3)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 135i
Default 05-28-2020, 03:58 PM

I'm surprised no one is talking about the Turner adjustable short shifter kit. Upgraded my clutch/flywheel and installed this the adjustable shift kit along with the rebuild kit and polyurethane shifter arm carrier bushing. I'm very impressed with this set up. Plus the rally style shifter they offer as a add on is around the same lengh as the RTD shifter. Nice quality and you can adjust it. I have it set on the shortest throw and it's really nice. I wanted to order a RTD shifter also lol but saw the same outrage on Instagram you saw and that was enough for me. I thought the kit seemed gimmicky at first but it's just the opposite. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 135i
Default 05-28-2020, 04:07 PM

Another side note. I have a 2010 135i and order the UUC motorwerks DSSR for 1/2009 and newer (the longer one) from ECS and it was too long so my car takes the shorter DSSR even though according to ECS site this should fit. So I can image the Turner shift kit with the upgraded DSSR will be even better.
(#5)
Old

Car: '07 e92 335i 6MT
Default 07-15-2020, 10:24 AM

Just an update for anyone who may be curious (or hesitant to order)...

I decided to take the gamble on RTD since they had announced they were back to work on June 3.

Order placed: June 9
Tracking number received: June 22
Actually shipped: July 4
Order received: July 10

That was actually pretty quick, but I know there are others who had been waiting for months and still haven't received their tracking number. I can also say that I know of at least one order that was placed after mine, but they actually received their order before I received mine.

Your mileage may vary.