N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3726)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
So sadly no update on the IJE0S race flash
No it's perfect as is! JB4 BEF maps are always posted fully unlocked so if you want to add a degree or two of timing, or tweak the AFR, it's all there. Go for it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3727)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 12-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No it's perfect as is! JB4 BEF maps are always posted fully unlocked so if you want to add a degree or two of timing, or tweak the AFR, it's all there. Go for it.
adding degree or two across all? so if we say with good fuel and strong meth mix on cm12 would it be safe, let's not say safe... would it be okay to copy and run the e85 timing to the race flash or that would be too much? Sure logging to make sure things smooth but before attempting to log making sure if i need to keep the flatbed number ready

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3728)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2018, 02:06 PM

Any specific tuning advice has to be based on how the logs look. Log of what we're looking at here?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3729)
Old
Legend

Default 12-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Any specific tuning advice has to be based on how the logs look. Log of what we're looking at here?
something like this

In general car runs perfect but sure I dont mind to squeeze more out of it
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-08 16_47_03 Map-3.csv (18.8 KB, 199 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-08 16_44_39 Map-3.csv (19.9 KB, 181 views)

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3730)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 12-09-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry I currently have N54 E60 with JB4 G5 and soon getting installed at the shop are my turbo pure stage 2 I just got black Friday , my Stage 3 LPFP, Fuel it- ethanol kit, I went with the Motiv Flex fuel box, I was told prior to installing the Motiv flex fuel you need to have the car flashed for it, I do see the flex fuel flash in MHD but I do not in the JB4 backend flash area, need help since im getting a bunch of items installed and need to know what I need to get it to run correctly, also an way I can get a custom map based on mods I tell you I have ? Thanks.

2008 535i SAT W/paddle shifters
Pure Stage 2 DD on the way!
VTT Inlets and Outlets
Spool Performance stage 3 LPFP
Fuel-It Ethanol Sensor + Lines
Motiv Flex Fuel Box
AD-Engineering 650 HP Intercooler
JB4 G5 ISO W/MHD BEF
XHP Flash Stage 3
Synapse CP with BOV
BMS OCC & PCV
Accuair Elevel
Hpdrivetech air bags
AG Wheels
(#3731)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 11:16 PM

Burger Motorsports

(#3732)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-21-2018, 07:37 AM

flashed JB4_I8A0S_ST.bin ...

but have code 2c9e, 2c9f .(lambda probe heating behind catalyic converter infut signal)

I did pin out 19 & 20 from black sub connector.

I tried to remove the 2c9e and 2c9f code from jb4_i8a0s_st.bin...but I coulnd't fint that tables.

any advice to remove the code???
(#3733)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2018, 09:36 AM

Should not have the code if rear o2 sensors are plugged in to harness.

Burger Motorsports

(#3734)
Old
Legend

Default 12-21-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
something like this

In general car runs perfect but sure I dont mind to squeeze more out of it
@Terry did you had chance to have a quick view on this

(#3735)
Old
-Methodology-

Car: 2013 BMW 335si (Convertable)
Red face Please help having issues after MHD jb4 backend flash - 12-24-2018, 10:43 PM

Hello everyone first off merry x Mas to all!!!

so let me begin by letting you know i have a 2013 335is Convertible E93
.I have jb4 installed and i normally use map 5 because that's what i was told to do. i got the car with the JB4 installed, upgraded *********, charge pipe duel cone intakes. it had no catalytic converters when i bought the car because he was from michigan, so he took them off for better sound he said. Im from Massachusetts so i had to order both of the OEM cats from bmw which set me back 3100 needed it in oder for the car to pass inspection.my mechanic installed them and took 2 parts off of similar proportion im wondering if that was the ********* themselves i attached a picture number 1 and 2 in the diagram is the cats that connect to the exhaust system center pipe. the 2 pieces he took off to put the cats in looked like the cats themes but without the *** if that makes sense. is the cats built into the *********? the reason i ask is because in the options before you load a new map where the burbles is to choose louder or softer there is a check option for i believe stock OEM *** ***, which i checked because im under the impression that i took out my ********* to install my cats if i am wrong please tell me. I purchased the jb4 bluetooth wireless adapter rev3.6 and MHD flasher with the back end flash option because i ultimately want to run a MHD map whether its the one that they have or a backend for jb4 i want to use the wireless option with jb4 for the gauges and the MHD backend flash i chose was JB4_MHD_INA0S_PUMP now is this the one for 93 octane because i seen e85 race and pump i assumed pump is pump fuel. I first flashed it with the MHD map that they offered the one i chose was the stage 2+ it mentions that you need a FMIC upgrade now my FIRST question is because the 335is comes with upgraded FMIC from what the original 335i has it counts as an upgrade for that choice map? or would one call that stock FMIC? i would say it qualifies as an upgrade choice cause it is that an upgraded piece and the 2nd thing the map needed as a minimum requirement was *** (down *****) which i have i think lol. now my SECOND. is the ********* a different piece all together than the cats or did they integrate the cats into the *********? im not sure sorry if its a newb question im not mechanic savey just getting into the tuning lifestyle. so i ended up checking that box in the options and i loaded the map and drove the car. it drove great more responsive all around but then when i was in 3rd gear and went high on rpm like 5000 and climbing to paddle shift to next gear i got check engine light and the car began to run weird like bugging. I pulled over and checked for errors with protools and i got a 29D2 combustion misfiring cylinder 6 now i am running stock everything else i think it might be the spark plugs or maybe injector coils the car has 24k miles. im not sure if the map i am running is too powerful for the car or what but i delete the codes and restart the car and the engine light went away naturally and runs fine but happens again when i get to pulling hard and get to high rpms then it just bogs down and the misfire happens again.

i downloaded jb4 backend flash and i flashed the JB4_MHD_INA0S_PUMP map which i believe is for 93 octane that's what i put in the car i am not using e85 or anything like that. i thought that might fix the misfires and it did not car runs smooth at slow and low gears i can pull hard but once i start to pull around 5000rpm it bogs and i check and same thing cylinder 6 misfire

i purchased the NGK spark plugs but have not installed them yet. do you guys think i should get the index 12 injectors and i was even thinking about the BMW N54 PLUG AND PLAY IGNITION SYSTEM from precision race works.

if i upgrade the spark plugs and injectors and ignition system will this fix the problem?

is injectors same thing as saying injector coils or is the coils another part in itself?

I also got this as errors i think

CAS/ A0B1 Input selector-lever position implausible.

CAS/ A0B5 Fault, road speed signal.

CAS/ A118 Roadspeed signal implausible.

not to sure what that means?
i know this is a lot to read i appreciate anyone who read this in full and is willing to HELP thank you so much!

MethodologysN54
Attached Images

Methodolgy

Last edited by MethodologysN54; 12-25-2018 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: forgot to add more info
(#3736)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 12-27-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
@Terry did you had chance to have a quick view on this

Hey Rushan,

Your logs are so short, it's hard to really extrapolate the required.
Ideal logs are 2k RPM to 7k RPM in 3rd (easier) or 4th.

What is your turbo set-up? Stock?

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (200,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual CM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
RB: Inlets | PCV Valve
VRSF: DiPis | CP
HKS BOV
xHP Stage 3
NGK-97506 @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Ign Coils | Walnut Blast
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | TStat
2020 - OPG | Battery | IBS | Water Pump | Plugs | Alternator
(#3737)
Old
-Methodology-

Default 12-27-2018, 10:49 AM

Hello thank you for looking into this and helping so I have a few questions when it comes to logging via jb4 mobile app thatís how I am doing it when u start to log whatís best way to drivenur car smooth or give it power if ur having issues so that can be brought out and recorded? And when logging what are the best 12 parameters to record as have on the graph. I attached a few logs maybe that will tell you I honestly believe I need to change my spark plugs with the ngk as I have been reading when people tune there car even at the lowest levels such as mine they need to do so because they will get missfires and so forth.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-25 17_10_27 Map-5.csv (151.9 KB, 177 views)

Methodolgy
(#3738)
Old
-Methodology-

Default 12-27-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx
Hey Rushan,

Your logs are so short, it's hard to really extrapolate the required.
Ideal logs are 2k RPM to 7k RPM in 3rd (easier) or 4th.

What is your turbo set-up? Stock?
I have the 335is chargepipe
Oem cats which I believe are the ********* is that correct? I took the ********* the car had on cause the car had no cats and I needed to pass inspection so would that be oem *** *** , down ***** and stock muffler but the 335is has upgraded parts than the normal 335i so that being said does that mean that my fmic is upgraded when choosing the mhd map stage 2 and or 2+? I chose that one and thatís when I started to experience the issue and got misfire on 6 and I went lighter to stage 1+ and seems to be running better but when I give it full throttle thatís when it bogs down and I have to let go doesnít happen all the time. Feels like when I finesse the driving as in slowly climb that itís better gandered hen just pressing the kettle to the metal. Hope this helps

Methodolgy
(#3739)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 12-28-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry anything on the Motiv flex fuel box and jb4 map integration ?

2008 535i SAT W/paddle shifters
Pure Stage 2 DD on the way!
VTT Inlets and Outlets
Spool Performance stage 3 LPFP
Fuel-It Ethanol Sensor + Lines
Motiv Flex Fuel Box
AD-Engineering 650 HP Intercooler
JB4 G5 ISO W/MHD BEF
XHP Flash Stage 3
Synapse CP with BOV
BMS OCC & PCV
Accuair Elevel
Hpdrivetech air bags
AG Wheels
(#3740)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 12-28-2018, 09:27 PM

Currently running IJE0S PUMP BEF from 6/17. Should I update to new maps from 12/18? are there any improvements for IJE0S PUMP maps?
Yesterday I hit safety with 2 (lean AFR) on map 2 with 92 OCT in WA state. do you think new map will help with that? or its low octane issue?
(#3741)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 09:29 PM

There are some minor changes, but if you have a safety condition you'd want to look at the log to see specifically why you're triggering it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3742)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 01-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Just wanted to report that the 12/03/18 Map Release is working great on IJE0S with e85 50% mix of 91 on these unusually cold SoCal winter mornings. Smoothed out the initial rough idle no longer have to manually give it some throttle to smooth it out.

Thanks!
(#3743)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 01-15-2019, 07:28 AM

For when the new version for the I8A0S?

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#3744)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i DCT
Default 01-22-2019, 02:25 AM

Hi Terry.
I have the updated Firmware for the JB4 (32/12//2)
am i right in assuming that i should load the Updated BEF (120318 release), asap, as it should be tied in to the new Firmware update?
(#3745)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General.Massacre
Hi Terry.
I have the updated Firmware for the JB4 (32/12//2)
am i right in assuming that i should load the Updated BEF (120318 release), asap, as it should be tied in to the new Firmware update?
Updating everything is the best thing to do.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3746)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i DCT
Default 01-27-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Updating everything is the best thing to do.
Done this yesterday.
The car was updated with the 120318 Race BEF, and the vehicle drives exceptionally smooth. really is a testament to the tuning revisions guys, well done.
(#3747)
Old

Car: BMW 335I Xdrive
Default 01-28-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General.Massacre
Done this yesterday.
The car was updated with the 120318 Race BEF, and the vehicle drives exceptionally smooth. really is a testament to the tuning revisions guys, well done.
Were there any specific updates to the Race BEF on 120318?

2010 E92 335iX, JB4 G5 ISO, MHD RACE BEF, N20 TMAP SENSOR, VTT GC Lites, VTT Inlets Outlets, BMS DCI, VRSF c.a.t_less D.P., VRSF 7.5" Race FMIC, VRSF Charge Pipe with tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, BMS OCC, Boost Concept Stage 2 LPFP., 335iS Clutch, MFactory Single Mass Flywheel, CFS High Performance Aluminum Radiator, N55 exhaust.
(#3748)
Old

Car: 135i
Default JB4_IJE0S_E85_PI.bin or JB4_IJE0S_RACE_PI.bin Request - 02-02-2019, 12:30 AM

Terry,

I am still running stock turbos, just put on the Port Injection to help with losing hpfp around 5500 rpm. Running an ethanol sensor.

I am on the JB4_IJE0S_E85.bin for testing and then will most likely step up to the JB4_IJE0S_RACE.bin after I get the PI dialed in.

Any chance that you have a E85_PI or RACE_PI map for stock turbos?
Or are these maps good enough?

09 135i N54|JB4 G5|BMS PI Cont|BEF Hybrid PI E85|Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flow Turbos|NGK 97506|Fuel 85% Ethanol|BM-Parts PI 750cc|Dual Walbro 450LPFP Bucket|Ethanol Sensor|3/8" Fuel Line|Stett Dual Oil Cooler|VRSF Relo Inlets|Active Autoworks7" FMIC|VRSF CP|HKS SSQ BOV|Agency Down & Mids|BMS Cowl Filter|MFactory LSD|JE Piston Heads|SPEC STG 3 Spr 6|ACT Pressure Plate|SPEC Single Mass Alum Flywheel|COBB Sway Bars|Ohlins Coilover 400/600|CAR BLOG
(#3749)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2019, 10:02 AM

Added new maps to the first post with revised anti-lag timing targets for testing purposes.

Burger Motorsports

(#3750)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJoosten
Terry,

I am still running stock turbos, just put on the Port Injection to help with losing hpfp around 5500 rpm. Running an ethanol sensor.

I am on the JB4_IJE0S_E85.bin for testing and then will most likely step up to the JB4_IJE0S_RACE.bin after I get the PI dialed in.

Any chance that you have a E85_PI or RACE_PI map for stock turbos?
Or are these maps good enough?
What's the planned fuel/E85 mix?

Burger Motorsports