N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3701)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
@Terry any comments on this ?
Our BEF are already compatible with XHP, no additional settings are required.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3702)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexh5400
Hi guys, new to the forum and am really looking for some help.
I have a 2007 n54 335i with manual transmission.

The car is fbo with stage 2 turbos.(vrsf 7" HD, rb valve, coldside intake, rb turbo outlets, *********, charge pipe with tial bov, jb4 and jb4 rev kit.
I have pi with jb4 controller to install and meth kit with jb4 fail safe to install for iat suppression

All I have atm is a JB4 running map 5 but boost is taking forever and kicking in at 4000 rpm
I have not got a MHD Bef
And also do not have any setup on my turbos.
My question to you guys Is if I run 99oct (shell v-power) what bef should I use?
You'd need to post a JB4 log for any tuning related questions.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3703)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 335i N54 PS2 Issues - 11-26-2018, 11:09 AM

Hi Terry:

I finally had the pure stage 2 turbos installed and they are beautiful! I loaded JB4/MHD bef and am having issues. Perhaps I need to load a different bef?
I keep getting kicked to map 4.
Running E50 with meth and installed the hybrid-e85 bef. Please see the log attached and let me know your thoughts.
Attached Files
File Type: csv ps2181125_1537.csv (18.4 KB, 242 views)
(#3704)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2018, 09:46 AM

12/03/18 Map Release

1) Added v8bait's cold start tables to all IJE0S E85 back end flash maps, should improve cold starts on E85 fuels. If all goes well we will port the same changes over to the other ECU versions.
2) Various tuning changes, new maps added, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#3705)
Old

Car: 08 335i sedan
Default 12-03-2018, 10:31 AM

This may be the wrong thread for this, but has anyone experienced a super early gauge hijack after updating the jb4 to the latest st firmware? I'm on G5_MAC_135_T3.hex.. It hijacks the gauges under normal driving conditions, usually about 25-30% throttle input.
I have stealth gauges activated, so it shouldn't do this until 50%.. Please help! Car is an 08 335i manual, jb4 has g5 iso, 2step, antilag, nls, and pi.

08 335i e90 sparkling graphite metallic, Spec stage 2+ clutch, FuelIt! stage 2 fuel pump, PI, 67mm ST, custom exhaust, jb4, bms backend
(#3706)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 12-04-2018, 05:04 AM

Hi Terry:

is the 12/03/18 Map Release applicable for the MHD BEF via jb4? Or is this specific to non mhd only? I did not see the updated released map on the mhd app. Thanks for the clarification and assistance.
(#3707)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 335i
Default 12-04-2018, 09:52 AM

Hello

I need make some changes in tunerpro to the bef bin file. Before reflashing with the edited file do i need to flash back to stock or can i reflash over the existing file?
(#3708)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintBeastwood
Hello

I need make some changes in tunerpro to the bef bin file. Before reflashing with the edited file do i need to flash back to stock or can i reflash over the existing file?

You can reflash over existing file, no need to flash back to stock then flash again.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3709)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 335i
Default 12-04-2018, 01:03 PM

�� Thanks!
(#3710)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 12-04-2018, 02:15 PM

Hi Terry for I8AOS its any changes in the new release? I use pump bef. Thank you
(#3711)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 12-05-2018, 12:39 AM

For IJE0S, what is the new gc2 bin file? Vargas? If so, will it work for mmps3? Also what is pump_3? The newest pump revision is assume. For a temporary hybrid bin on pump, would it be best to stick to pump? Or will you be creating a new one for hybrid pump? ALL OF THE QUESTIONS. #justcurious
(#3712)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino_86
For IJE0S, what is the new gc2 bin file? Vargas? If so, will it work for mmps3? Also what is pump_3? The newest pump revision is assume. For a temporary hybrid bin on pump, would it be best to stick to pump? Or will you be creating a new one for hybrid pump? ALL OF THE QUESTIONS. #justcurious
Start with pump flash, all hybrid turbos will work with this flash.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3713)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino_86
That's the file I made for our Vargas GC2 turbos. Has some minor differences that are better suited those specific turbos.

For a starting point the low timing no spool mode is a good baseline map for most hybrids.

Burger Motorsports

(#3714)
Old

Car: E92 BMW 335I 2006
Default 12-05-2018, 12:46 PM

What modifications are needed to use the race bef map?

Current mods upgraded fmic, charge pipe, dci, jb4, update pcv and oil cooler. 335i 2006 E92

Also has there been any changes to the pump flash?
(#3715)
Old

Car: BMW 535i
Default 12-05-2018, 04:25 PM

Need some help flashing back to stock. I flashed back to stock with BB I think it was 1.3 version everything went well , went to start the car and it just cranks and will not start. Maybe the bin file was bad or jb4 was still on map 5 not to sure. I had a battery charger hooked up,and now BB just says "Could not connect to the control module ". Where do I go from here, shoud I try to remove the jb4 how do I connect to the DME.

2010 535i xdrive M Sport , JB4 G5 ISO / BMS pump Flash / xHP stg. 3 TCU flash / BMS DCI /ER charge pipe ,ER FMIC / RB PCV valve/, 30% E85
(#3716)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2018, 06:08 PM

Normally means the wrong file is loaded if it cranks but won't start.

Burger Motorsports

(#3717)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlet_23
What modifications are needed to use the race bef map?

Current mods upgraded fmic, charge pipe, dci, jb4, update pcv and oil cooler. 335i 2006 E92

Also has there been any changes to the pump flash?
You can use it on a stock car, if the octane is good enough. Main difference between PUMP and RACE is the timing advance profile.

Burger Motorsports

(#3718)
Old

Default 12-05-2018, 07:18 PM

Still can't connect to control module. I thought I put the jb4 on map 0 by the steering wheel controls but when I re checked it after the flash it was on map 5 through the jb4 mobile.
I put the jb4 on map 0 though the jb4 mobile app and re checked it and was then on map 1. Could the jb4 be interrupting communication do I need to remove it.

I am also getting a u0100 code lost communication with ECM. I checked it with a scan tool.

2010 535i xdrive M Sport , JB4 G5 ISO / BMS pump Flash / xHP stg. 3 TCU flash / BMS DCI /ER charge pipe ,ER FMIC / RB PCV valve/, 30% E85

Last edited by UnderPressure; 12-05-2018 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Added a u0100 code
(#3719)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 12-07-2018, 02:45 PM

I like the new BEF maps. Good job as always :-) However I’m getting a low oil notification/warning after I flashed the new MHD BEF “pump” file. Reset all adaptations. IJEOS. JB4 map1. 2008 535xi about 94k miles. I’ve had the new flash on Since it came out earlier this week.

One thing to note is it only took 2mins to flash the new file. It wasn’t a complete re-flash? I also notice it boosts a bit more under partial throttle. Targets zero a bit sooner? (No JB4 throttle input added) I would rarely hear the bov around town, but now it seems to be much more responsive to low partial throttle.

Anyways. Could it be coincidence for the low oil warning? It has been in the 20s outside, typically 30s during the day. I’m over in CT. I’ve had the car for about 3yrs and have never gotten a low oil notification. But.... have about 3k on this oil change so far... Or maybe I am leaking oil ;-p

Last edited by nextNME; 12-07-2018 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Fixed typo
(#3720)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 12-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextNME
I like the new BEF maps. Good job as always :-) However Iím getting a low oil notification/warning after I flashed the new MHD BEF ďpumpĒ file. Reset all adaptations. IJEOS. JB4 map1. 2008 535xi about 94k miles. Iíve had the new flash on Since it came out earlier this week.

One thing to note is it only took 2mins to flash the new file. It wasnít a complete re-flash? I also notice it boosts a bit more under partial throttle. Targets zero a bit sooner? (No JB4 throttle input added) I would rarely hear the bov around town, but now it seems to be much more responsive to low partial throttle.

Anyways. Could it be coincidence for the low oil warning? It has been in the 20s outside, typically 30s during the day. Iím over in CT. Iíve had the car for about 3yrs and have never gotten a low oil notification. But.... have about 3k on this oil change so far... Or maybe I am leaking oil ;-p
Has your car ever shredded a serpentine belt? If it had I promise you have belt in your oil pickup tube.

Milan

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#3721)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure
Still can't connect to control module. I thought I put the jb4 on map 0 by the steering wheel controls but when I re checked it after the flash it was on map 5 through the jb4 mobile.
I put the jb4 on map 0 though the jb4 mobile app and re checked it and was then on map 1. Could the jb4 be interrupting communication do I need to remove it.

I am also getting a u0100 code lost communication with ECM. I checked it with a scan tool.
Never have any issues flashing on map0, but it's easy to bypass the JB4 physically too. Just put the gray subconnector only to stock to rule interference out.

Burger Motorsports

(#3722)
Old

Default 12-08-2018, 07:13 AM

I removed the jb4 , and no luck still can't connect to the DME. Battery voltage may have dropped , but either way still can't connect. I'm going to buy a new battery what is the next step if the DME is Bricked, due to battery voltage to low.

(#3723)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Unhappy 12-08-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
12/03/18 Map Release

1) Added v8bait's cold start tables to all IJE0S E85 back end flash maps, should improve cold starts on E85 fuels. If all goes well we will port the same changes over to the other ECU versions.
2) Various tuning changes, new maps added, etc.
So sadly no update on the IJE0S race flash

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3724)
Old

Car: 2010 335i xDrive Sedan
Default 12-08-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure
I removed the jb4 , and no luck still can't connect to the DME. Battery voltage may have dropped , but either way still can't connect. I'm going to buy a new battery what is the next step if the DME is Bricked, due to battery voltage to low.
I am still having issues, but when I couldnt connect to the DME another (older) laptop ended up working for me.
(#3725)
Old

Default 12-08-2018, 08:37 PM

After I purchas a new battery I'm going to try an older laptop with an older version of BB BEF.