N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 535i sport
Default 08 535i n54 Trans xhpflash issue - 09-17-2017, 05:02 PM

I have an 08 535i sport lci without paddle shifters. I submitted these issues to xhpflash and in the past 48 hours the only response I have received was to read the guidelines on how to flash properly. So I'm pretty disappointed in the product support category for xhpflash. I an still waiting on another response and will keep this updated. I have done everything that the guidelines say to do. Did not open the door, radio, nav, everything was off. Battery voltage has been fine. Headlights off. Using correct cable. All compatible software.
The software says the car is compatible with the vin entered.
I successfully backed up the stock trans using xhpflash. I bought the general license and stage 2 flash. As soon as I go to install the new flash, it aborts and I have to do an emergency flash. Have tried multiple times.
In the email, I was told "that's what happens when the flash fails."
Well no s***
Any 535 guys that can help me with this issue further?
Also, I have a jb4 and have disabled the jb4 each time.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Mine did the exact same thing with the jb4 installed on map 0. Terry says it shouldn't be an issue but for me it was. Open the ecu box and unplug the big connector on the jb4. Then flash xhp. Also make sure you have a charger or hook jumper cables to another running car xhp aggressively checks voltage.

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC V2 - JB4 - Duane Pugh BEF - Bms PI Meth
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-17-2017, 06:29 PM

FWIW the xhp manual does say to remove the jb4 before flashing

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC V2 - JB4 - Duane Pugh BEF - Bms PI Meth
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 09-17-2017, 07:28 PM

Try unplugging the JB4 (I have no issues with mine and never have) but you should also be running a battery charger. To their point, you are skipping two things they recommend, the charger is a big one for me. Also, current the version of the JB4 auto sets to map 0 anytime something is plugged into the OBD port, you current on firmware?

It's tough trouble shooting, but, try the obvious things. Especially those mentioned in their manual, before you reach out to them.

'07 e90
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW 535i
Default 09-17-2017, 08:01 PM

If you read 4.2 in the xHP manual I believe you have to download the xHP software first then read 4.4 in the manual and then you download your map. So it looks like a 3 stage process backup, software, then map. I was able to install and update xHP with the jb4 on map 0 with no problem.

2010 535i xdrive M Sport , JB4 G5 ISO / BMS pump Flash / xHP stg. 3 TCU flash / BMS DCI /ER charge pipe ,ER FMIC / RB PCV valve/, 30% E85
(#6)
Old

Default 09-18-2017, 03:36 AM

Working with Clemens from xhp right now hoping to get this solved. Will keep everyone updated
(#7)
Old

Default 09-18-2017, 06:04 AM

Want to thank Clemens and all the guys on here for the responses. I was able to find the issue and flash was successful. This was my fault and place blame only on myself not xhpflash. I did NOT have proper power source going to the car during flash and would crash during block 2. This did NOT have anything to do with jb4. Made sure to hit map 0 to disable. So for future reference, definitely make sure your car has proper power source as it can easily cause huge issues. Very temperamental, as I just found out. Thanks again to everyone on here, one more successful mod. Shout out to xhpflash for a proper tcu flash and a great improvement.