N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 02-10-2017, 03:47 PM

Terry,

Is going from stage 1 to jb4 beta with your upgrade kit, is that plug and play?

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#227)
Old

Default 02-10-2017, 03:54 PM

Terry,

Any dyno #'s with the JB4 BETA on 91 or 93 only running Map 1 and Map 2?

(#228)
Old

Default 02-24-2017, 11:12 PM

@Terry,

I took my car for service and then I re-install the jb4 and now the OBDII CANbus feature doesn't work.
(#229)
Old

Default 02-25-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335socal
@Terry,

I took my car for service and then I re-install the jb4 and now the OBDII CANbus feature doesn't work.
fixed it! it went brittle and had to resplice new wire. worked again.
(#230)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 750i
Default 03-04-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Should be able to ship some early units this week.

For non-original purchasers you can still upgrade, you just get to pay the $350, like a Stage1->JB4 upgrade.
i have the jb plus for the n63tu engine
will i get some discount for upgrade to jb4 n63tu?
(#231)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoN63TU
i have the jb plus for the n63tu engine
will i get some discount for upgrade to jb4 n63tu?
I don't know what we're going to do for that on the n63tu, since they are completely different systems. We'll probably allow a partial trade in credit though to original purchasers of our n63tu Stage1 system.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#232)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 750i
Default 03-04-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't know what we're going to do for that on the n63tu, since they are completely different systems. We'll probably allow a partial trade in credit though to original purchasers of our n63tu Stage1 system.
Ok....
are you going to produce meth injections for it right?
One more question...we can run on e30 with the stock fuel pump?!
(#233)
Old

Car: BMW 650i
Default 03-05-2017, 10:16 AM

What's the status for the N63, is it out of Beta?

Thinking of puling the trigger and purchasing but would like to know the list of known issues and ETA on when they plan to be resolved?.
(#234)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 550xi
Default 03-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Hey Terry can you tell me if I really need to use the OBDII cable to change maps when I already have the Bluetooth adapter connected? Can't I just change the maps via Bluetooth instead of using dash menu? Just asking cause when I had my stage 2 I use to use the Bluetooth adapter to change maps.
(#235)
Old

Default 03-06-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigas

Thinking of puling the trigger and purchasing but would like to know the list of known issues and ETA on when they plan to be resolved?.

I would like to see Terry test the N63 again but with the prototype intake.

(#236)
Old

Car: 2012 550ix
Default 03-06-2017, 05:16 PM

Terry is obviously the best one to answer this but I am not aware of any problems.

I have been using the JB4 beta with wastegate controller and 3.5 bar tmaps for several months now without any problem. I have run maps 1,2,4,6 and 7. Have now been running Map 6 for awhile to find the upper limits of my turbos and fuelling. Terry has been super helpful along the way.

My best guess is this is in beta still because he wants to get more of a population of user experience before removing the beta designation. Also, for the N63 platform the JB4 uses additive boost and I think he would like to port it to absolute boost targets for final release.

Hope this helps some...
(#237)
Old

Car: Bmw 550i f10
Default 03-07-2017, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRDude
Terry is obviously the best one to answer this but I am not aware of any problems.

I have been using the JB4 beta with wastegate controller and 3.5 bar tmaps for several months now without any problem. I have run maps 1,2,4,6 and 7. Have now been running Map 6 for awhile to find the upper limits of my turbos and fuelling. Terry has been super helpful along the way.

My best guess is this is in beta still because he wants to get more of a population of user experience before removing the beta designation. Also, for the N63 platform the JB4 uses additive boost and I think he would like to port it to absolute boost targets for final release.

Hope this helps some...
could you show settings or screen 6 map?
(#238)
Old

Default Same Issue - 03-08-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224
Anyone else experience this?

Installed N63 JB4 S2 about 3.5 weeks ago
I have have a similar issue after the install no matter what map I'm on if I hit over 5000rpms my car throws a drive-train malfunction error.

I bought the BCM for my JB4 Beta which I'm going to take off and see if that might be causing any issues.
(#239)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 02:01 PM

Amsyed... nope, I have never had that problem with the JB4.

Since upgrading to the JB4+bcm I have not has a single drivetrain error.
Presumably, you have triple checked your wiring?
(#240)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigas

Due to its low volume and more advanced installation we've left it under a BETA designation. Other than some people having a hard time with the install, it's been pretty stable.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#241)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRDude
Amsyed... nope, I have never had that problem with the JB4.

Since upgrading to the JB4+bcm I have not has a single drivetrain error.
Presumably, you have triple checked your wiring?
I see okay I'll check my wiring again just to make sure. Thanks for the reply.
(#242)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550i_scorp
Hi Terry
Sorry man, I edited my post and for some reason, it didn't go through

I used to have stage 2 and it was working aweaome with no issues. I upgraded it to the JB4 with BCM and the installation process was a piece of cake. Returned the stage 2 core and got a refund (thank you).

Now what I have is when I step on the gas and the tachometer goes to 4000 to 4500 RPM, I feel a bump and the car throws Drivetrain Malfunction message and (like the guys said) I have to pull over and restart the engine.
Sometimes it happens when I'm driving say like 65 mph without acceleration and tachometer is on say 2000 RPM.

This is not related to cruise control (it's off). I put menu 4 to 0 (like you suggested) and the same issue still happens. I changed my map to 0 for stock operation and I still get the same issue.
Any advice or suggeation from you or anybody here is much appreciated.

It's 2011 550i N63 stock with no mods except JB4 and BCM. Gas is octane 93.

Please help, thank you veru much.

P.S. I will start to log and send you what I get. Thanks

Hi I seem to be having the same issue. When I step on the gas on map 1 or 2 running 93 pump gas my car throws the same error. I'm going to double check my wiring. Did you ever figure out what was going on?
(#243)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 02:47 PM

Thanks Terry,

Its good to know you are on this forum. I noticed the install directions are a little on the poor side and seem to indicate a certain knowledge that some folks just don't have. May save you guys some support money to improve it.

Not to be critical but being in the IT industry, rolling out new applications to people, training is big part of it. There are many techniques you could employ, which I think would both generate sales, and reduce support costs. You tube videos, done in modules to introduce folks to the basics, terminology, etc, and progressing through the more technical details, using a chapters approach can be very well received. Spending a few bucks here will pay for itself I think, and if its a sexy trainer then well, lots more views

With that said, I do realize the challenges to support so many vehicles, parts, configurations, etc...it must have its challenges. Nevertheless, keep it simple and it will generate sales and happy customers.

Anyways, just some thoughts from a newbie who is trying to wrap his head around all this. Hope its well received.
(#244)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2017, 02:55 PM

On this specific N63 JB4 product it's not really financially viable due to the low number of N63s willing to modify. We made it because it was fun to make and we love racing the cars. But, it's been difficult to assign priorities to the little things that would give it broader appeal like an installation video, as that takes away time from our other profitable products. That said we're slowly improving its materials as we go and any customer provided content is always appreciated for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#245)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 03:03 PM

Understood, thank you Sir. I have noticed that unlike other forums and web content, there is not much "how to" content in the form of stickies, etc.

I also has to search quite deep to find any information. It seems everyone has to invest considerable amount of time to get familiar with it all. For me, that's part of the fun though, the research, etc.
(#246)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 03:04 PM

Of course if BMRdude would do a brain dump we would be much better off
(#247)
Old

Default 03-08-2017, 08:34 PM

No question this product is not your typical flash or piggyback that gets installed and... that's it. Nothing more to do but drive around. Just like yesterday.

But that is the reason this product is great and unique. You have a lot of control to make it into what you want depending on how much time you are willing to commit. It is great for the knowledgeable auto enthusiast or someone willing to learn. This means every individual can do something different with it. This makes it a challenge to document (safely) because so much depends on the end users knowledge of combustion dynamics. A person could cause themselves some problems!

The limited docs prevents people from moving too quickly or trying things out on the fly.
(#248)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 03-09-2017, 05:52 PM

What is the maximum boost we can run safely on 93 octane? Any dyno results with just 93 octane?
(#249)
Old

Default 03-09-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaane
What is the maximum boost we can run safely on 93 octane? Any dyno results with just 93 octane?

Ive read that 16psi was the maximum boost on 93

(#250)
Old

Car: 2010 Bmw 335i sedan, sport
Default 03-10-2017, 07:00 AM

Probably a stupid question but the 2014 F15 X5 50i M sport come with N63TU engine right? so only stage 1? jb4 will not work? any plans for a jb4 system?

Last edited by Maza454; 03-10-2017 at 07:25 AM..