N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 10-22-2015, 08:46 AM

Meaning is not worth to upgrade the valvebody and converter if is software issue.
(#52)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 10-22-2015, 04:43 PM

First post updated. I have the car back!

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#53)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 10-22-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Well done sir
(#54)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 10-22-2015, 04:54 PM

Let's hope for the best dude. Proud of you and with your works I can't help waiting for your comparisons

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#55)
Old
Guy with the pet snails

Car: 135i vert
Default 10-23-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Thats always good to hear!

Motorsport Photographer, PM for Pricing on Car Shoots - mattkalish.com

(#56)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 10-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Time for me to make a move. Wish these guys were closer! I need to find someone in the Dallas area.

10'135i Alpine White M-Sport M/T 827HP 707TQ@32lbs
Motiv 900 - Tial BOV/Wastegate - Big Tom Intercooler - FuelIt! Stage 3+ - MHD Custom Flash - Haltech PS1000 - Motiv Port Injection/Twin Disc - BMS OCC - Kosei - 275/40/17 NT05R's
10'135i Black A/T - 580WHP 540WTQ (11.51@134MPH 2.1 60')
(#57)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 10-23-2015, 05:01 PM

how is the coding from auto to manual? Any wiring harness differences? Any errors?
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2015, 09:20 PM

Does the normal MT driveshaft bolt up to the 135i automatic diff?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#59)
Old
Legend

Default 10-24-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaane
how is the coding from auto to manual? Any wiring harness differences? Any errors?
The coding was super simple with the Autologic. Remove $205 the modules that have it and simply re-code them. After this I had 0 errors with the AT removed.

I used this wiring diagram from ncat. I'll go ahead and add this to the first post so everything is in one place. -->Wiring Diagram<--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Does the normal MT driveshaft bolt up to the 135i automatic diff?
Yep, perfect fit.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#60)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 10-24-2015, 12:37 PM

the main question is...... was it worth it?

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#61)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 10-24-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmarji
I've also gone thru this process
its ABSOLUTELY worth it

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#62)
Old
Legend

Default 10-24-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmarji
Having a transmission that actually works so far is definitely worth it. I'll post more info after 300 more miles of clutch break-in when I can finally start going WOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
I've also gone thru this process
its ABSOLUTELY worth it
Your original thread was incredibly valuable through this whole process.

(#63)
Old

Default 10-24-2015, 05:15 PM

I have a question? Is it easier to swap from At to DCT. DCT holds a lot more HP
with upgraded Clutches than the regular AT .
(#64)
Old
Legend

Default 10-24-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
I have a question? Is it easier to swap from At to DCT. DCT holds a lot more HP
with upgraded Clutches than the regular AT .
No idea. From my research though, it is significantly more expensive. Like about 2-3 times as much.

(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yep, perfect fit.
Sweet! I have a race ~Dec 9th and after that I'll start sourcing the parts to swap it over to MT.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#66)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 10-25-2015, 09:09 AM

lol now terry is doin it

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#67)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-25-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Sweet! I have a race ~Dec 9th and after that I'll start sourcing the parts to swap it over to MT.
This is the 1/4?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2015, 11:46 AM

Yes the Redline at Famoso. 10s or broken trans trying!

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-25-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yes the Redline at Famoso. 10s or broken trans trying!
While youre there its time for new axles. I have 2 cores from local junk yard im sending in soon. I wish I could do the motor swap before that event.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2015, 02:08 PM

Yes that is going to be an issue since my diff uses AT axles which are even weaker than normal MT axles. I'll upgrade them at some point though.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 10-25-2015, 02:35 PM

Why not source the 335IS DCT and swap that in?

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#72)
Old
Legend

Default 10-25-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace
For me it's the cost and the fact that it's not a proven solution. A manual with a stage 3+ clutch and single mass flywheel setup has been proven to reliably handle the power. I figure this will allow me to enjoy the car again until the 4L80E kit is ready.

(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace
I don't see the DCT as being much superior and it's going to definitely be heavier and minimum 2x more expensive. The clutch packs alone required are $3500 installed. Don't get me wrong I'd love to try it but the MT swap looks like a proven simple way to go.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 10-26-2015, 01:17 PM

DMAC-What exactly is a 4L80E kit. Is that for the AT tranny?
(#75)
Old
Legend

Default 10-26-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
DMAC-What exactly is a 4L80E kit. Is that for the AT tranny?
It is a complete 4L80E transmission swap. The 6HP21 trans has no truly reliable upgrades for supporting north of 600whp. Supposedly it will utilize a standalone TCM with full control over all of the transmission tuning along with a bunch of other stuff. I was going to hold off on doing the manual swap in favor of that, but there is no time frame on when that will be complete yet.