N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1101)
Old

Car: M5 F10
Default 12-02-2019, 08:41 PM

Hi folks,

I am a complete newbie to the JB4. Have heard a lot of good stuff and have the following Setup. I regularly track my M5 F10 and do a decent amount of spirited driving.

Current Mods -

1. 300 cel Catted headers
2. Titanium Series Akrapovic Exhaust
3. SSP DCT Cooling Kit
4. Eventuri Intakes
5. BPM Tune

Car with stock turbos without clutch slipping pulls 620 whp on the dyno

Next Mods -

1. SsP clutch R (900)
2. Stage 1 Pure Turbos
3. JB4 + BCM + Meth

When I spoke to my tuner he said that the additional power can be gained via the JB4 and adjusting the parameters directly on the base map. I also read Terry writing this somewhere.

My question is :

1. The JB4 has preset maps from what I read ? How do these maps
Work in tandem with the ECU tune that I already have ?
2. With standard pump gas 93 Octane, what kind of power and boost setting are available to be made ( I may have missed this somewhere)
3. For really getting the best out of the car with a relative focus on Safety, how does one adjust the boost etc without fear of blowing the motor (I did read that there is a safety built in, but just to make sure)

Any advise here is helpful guys,

Thanks a lot in advance
(#1102)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityaprabhu
1. The JB4 has preset maps from what I read ? How do these maps
Work in tandem with the ECU tune that I already have ?
2. With standard pump gas 93 Octane, what kind of power and boost setting are available to be made ( I may have missed this somewhere)
3. For really getting the best out of the car with a relative focus on Safety, how does one adjust the boost etc without fear of blowing the motor (I did read that there is a safety built in, but just to make sure)

1- Works the same, just click what map you want at what boost level.
2- Would need a log on map 0 to evaluate and see how much more we can push it on 93 only with flash+JB4
3- You would use the methanol map with the added safety features if you're pushing it. All other maps have safety systems as well.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1103)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Finally perfected fitment of our F10 M5/M6 S63TU High Performance Intercoolers! Have a batch of 30 sets in the works which will be powder-coated glossy black to match our intake. Expect to have them in stock in 2-3 weeks with an intro price of $1199.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1104)
Old

Car: 2014 650i Gran Coupe M sport
Default 04-07-2020, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I was able to access both boost solenoids by popping the coolant lines off the passenger side intercooler and rotating it out of the way a bit. It's about an hour job and fully plug and play. I figure its better than cutting wires going to the DME.

Also if someone finds their fuel trims maxing out and wants/needs to add in the fuel pressure connections that is their prerogative. It's easy enough to add the connectors to the JB harness and we'll support them. For those of us with meth or using pump gas, it's not really a factor.
I have three questions relating to connecting the fuel rail wires. 1) can I use the fuel wires from my n63tu JB4? And 2) at what pin would I splice them in at the s63tu JB4? And lastly 3) would I require specific update to then be able to utilize said fuel wires, or would they be supported automatically?

Thank you in advance
(#1105)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH
I have three questions relating to connecting the fuel rail wires. 1) can I use the fuel wires from my n63tu JB4? And 2) at what pin would I splice them in at the s63tu JB4? And lastly 3) would I require specific update to then be able to utilize said fuel wires, or would they be supported automatically?

Thank you in advance
On the fuel wires it's not something we currently support with the V2 PWG board, and given how popular back end flash maps have become for the platform, I don't think it makes sense to add them in at this point.

Hopefully MHD comes through soon with flashing tools so we can release our own free BEF map for you guys.

Burger Motorsports

(#1106)
Old

Car: 2001 and 2013 BMW M5
Default Misfire Under Boost - 04-19-2020, 07:49 PM

Running map 8 I have to ease into the boost or it misfires. I have the meth kit BCM and JB4. No other mods really. The plugs are one step cooler and the gap I don't remember.

I thought I wasn't purging enough but I don't think so.

If I pedal into it a second or third time, it doesn't misfire and I've pulled away from a Hellcat at 120

Boost additive is at 45
Signal scaling at 60

Last edited by DaySleeper; 04-19-2020 at 07:55 PM..
(#1107)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaySleeper
Running map 8 I have to ease into the boost or it misfires. I have the meth kit BCM and JB4. No other mods really. The plugs are one step cooler and the gap I don't remember.

I thought I wasn't purging enough but I don't think so.

If I pedal into it a second or third time, it doesn't misfire and I've pulled away from a Hellcat at 120

Boost additive is at 45
Signal scaling at 60
Got a log? What fuel are you running and 50/50 methanol?

Burger Motorsports

(#1108)
Old

Default 04-20-2020, 03:09 PM

I'll get a log. The logs changed on the updated app and there's a combine logs option. Do I disable that?

93 octane and 50/50 methanol. No power loss or hint of detonation as long as I ease into it.
(#1109)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2020, 09:47 AM

Leave combine on makes reading logs easier.

Burger Motorsports

(#1110)
Old

Default Fixed - 04-21-2020, 07:15 PM

I think I'm good now. I just downshift into a low gear before I floor it. That seems to stop the mayhem and misfires. Apparently the downshift is causing a boost spike or blowing out the plugs or something. Not a shocker.
(#1111)
Old

Default Now low boost?? - 04-21-2020, 08:14 PM

The second log shows it is making only 7 psi. Not sure how that happened!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200421_202632_runs(1).csv (7.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: csv 20200421_202854_runs(1).csv (4.2 KB, 68 views)
(#1112)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-22-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
No codes after that run?

Burger Motorsports

(#1113)
Old

Default 04-27-2020, 08:26 AM

It didn't do it again after that misadventure so I haven't investigated.
(#1114)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-30-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Is ign 1 timing under 5k over 20 deg?
(#1115)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-30-2020, 08:48 PM

I have a 2013 F10 M5. I have panel filters and I have exhaustDP to install. The posts on other forums say you cant run just a JB4...I’d think I could run map 1, 2, 3, or 5.

I’m not hearing much of anything about map 5 auto tuning or other maps. Also if 22psi map 2 is bad for some cars why not make another version with 20 or 21psi?

Thanks!

What JB4 map selection or settings changes would I need to run “stg2” power?

///I’m used to my n54 cars and map5 with 25% e85!
(#1116)
Old

Car: F80 m3 2018
Default 05-01-2020, 08:36 AM

Terry, can you post pic of where the boost solenoids are on the f85 x5m? The install directions aren’t clear to the location. Thanks
(#1117)
Old

Car: F10 M5 Bj. 03/2012
Default Question about installation - 05-20-2020, 01:25 AM

Hello. I saw in the installation instructions on the JB4 that the TMAP sensor on the driver side of the F10 M5 is to be connected with the rainbow-colored cables and on the passenger side with the black/brown cable. With the X5M/X6M, the plugs should be plugged with the rainbow-colored cables on the passenger side and on the driver`s side with the black/brown cables. So the other way around. Sure, it's just a mistake in the text, but it's confusing. Where does the plug with the rainbow-colored cables have to go now?

Greeting Thorsten

Last edited by Tooltime75; 05-20-2020 at 01:30 AM..
(#1118)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooltime75
Hello. I saw in the installation instructions on the JB4 that the TMAP sensor on the driver side of the F10 M5 is to be connected with the rainbow-colored cables and on the passenger side with the black/brown cable. With the X5M/X6M, the plugs should be plugged with the rainbow-colored cables on the passenger side and on the driver`s side with the black/brown cables. So the other way around. Sure, it's just a mistake in the text, but it's confusing. Where does the plug with the rainbow-colored cables have to go now?

Greeting Thorsten
They can actually go on either side, depending on where box placement is easier, on driver or passenger side, but keep in mind that the BCM connections also follow the TMAP connections to keep bank to bank BCM control working properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#1119)
Old

Car: F10 M5 Bj. 03/2012
Default 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM

Hy.

Good to know that you can also swap the connectors of the TMAP sensors as long as the appropriate BCM connectors are also swapped. Since the M5 has too little space on the passenger side, you can place the JB4 nicely next to the brake booster and does not have to lay the OBD cable across. Thanks for the information.
(#1120)
Old

Car: 2013 M5
Talking E85 Mix - 06-05-2020, 12:34 PM

Hi,

I just got a JB4 with BCM and wanted to know if anyone ran an E85 mix? Also how should I set the parameters in the app to have the car run healthy?
(#1121)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 02:16 PM

Small mixtures can be used but you'll want to log it to evaluate the fuel trims and AFR.

Burger Motorsports

(#1122)
Old

Default 06-08-2020, 08:00 PM

Do you have a rough target I should be staying within for both fuel trims and AFR? So far on E20 its remained the same as 91 pump.

Also how can I use map 6 and have it know i'm running an E85 mix? Some thing in the WMI settings but it didnt make sense to me.
(#1123)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Post up a log and lets check it out. Map6 requires log analysis so I'd skip that until you have more experience reading them and know exactly what you want to do vs. our preset maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#1124)
Old

Default 06-09-2020, 03:55 PM

Okay so I ran map 1 and map 5 for comparison. The mix is 5gal of E85 and the remaining was topped off with 91.
Map 1 Log:

Map 5 Log:

Seems that on map 5 it needs a higher e85 concentration since halfway through the pull it switches to map 4. Maybe you have some better insight into why its doing that.
(#1125)
Old

Default 06-09-2020, 03:56 PM

My bad, for some reason that logs didnt attach.
Attached Images