N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335I Xdrive
Default 2011 335i Log Review - 11-01-2019, 05:45 AM

This is the first time I have tried logging with this new car. I am running MHD with JB4 Pump BEF. The car is FBO with 93 octane gas running in map 5. It seems to be running good, I just want to make sure I don't need to make any adjustments.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-31 16_56_04_Map-5.csv (9.8 KB, 233 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 11-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Just a follow up, let me know if you want to see something different from a log. I am interested to know if everything looks good, or if there are any improvements i can make to increase power. Thanks,
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 11-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Do you have accesss to any e85?

Some timing drops- likely octane related

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-05-2019, 05:19 PM

Yes I do I have not been running it as I wanted to see what 93 was like first. I am almost out of gas so I will fill it to apex e30 and log again.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Sounds good!

If you wanted to stay closer to 93- u could just do 1-2 gal of e85 to see if it cleans up timing too

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 12-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Well the car was down for a while as I had to replace the front CV. I ran it again today with about 3 gal of e85 or whatever it is for the winter mixed with 93. It looks like the timing is still taking a dip. What are you though Dave? Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-12 Map-5 Some E85.csv (12.6 KB, 192 views)

2011 335i Xdrive, M-sport - JB4-MHD-BEF / xHP Stage 2 / Pure Stage 1 Turbo, DV+, N20 t-Map/ VRSF - Down Pipe, 7" Intercooler, CP, High Flow Inlet / BMS Intake /BMW PE
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-12-2019, 05:20 PM

How old are your plugs?

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 12-12-2019, 07:15 PM

They are right at 20k I just put new coils on a couple months ago but I didn't realize how old the plugs were.

2011 335i Xdrive, M-sport - JB4-MHD-BEF / xHP Stage 2 / Pure Stage 1 Turbo, DV+, N20 t-Map/ VRSF - Down Pipe, 7" Intercooler, CP, High Flow Inlet / BMS Intake /BMW PE
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Oem?

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 12-12-2019, 08:20 PM

They are Bosh OEM style now. I think he had NGK before that. The car has 103K on it.

(#11)
Old

Default 12-12-2019, 08:23 PM

Sorry the coils are the elder coils

(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-14-2019, 08:41 PM

I’d swap the plugs, cheap & due for a change. I’d go ngk

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 12-15-2019, 04:56 AM

They are on thier way. Should have them in next week. Is there and binifit of upgrading lpg to stage 2 with my stock turbo?

(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-16-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67stang
They are on thier way. Should have them in next week. Is there and binifit of upgrading lpg to stage 2 with my stock turbo?
More headroom down the road & itís relatively inexpensive. Also could run more ethanol now too.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 12-16-2019, 10:28 AM

What ethanol content would be good with the stage two and stock turbo? Also should I gap my plugs to .020" or .022"? Thanks,

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-16-2019, 01:00 PM

I’d do .020

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 12-17-2019, 05:45 PM

New plugs are in, the old ones were Bosch ZR5TPP33-S gapped to .022 the best I can tell. I will try and log a new run this week.

Last edited by 67stang; 12-17-2019 at 05:55 PM..
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-19-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
New plugs are in, the old ones were Bosch ZR5TPP33-S gapped to .022 the best I can tell. I will try and log a new run this week.
Sounds good!

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default PS1 Turbo Log - 02-05-2020, 10:33 AM

So I did some update to my setup and I would like someone to look over my log. Last week I added a PS1 Turbo with a VRSF Inlet and a DV+. The log was done on Map5 with 93 oct. and about 2 gal of E85. I am not sure why it was not targeting a higher pressure? Also what is the WGDC supposed to look like?
Attached Files
File Type: csv First Log PS1 Map-5_3-4th Gear.csv (9.9 KB, 181 views)

(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-06-2020, 11:16 AM

Set duty bias according to our upgraded turbo thread & relog map 1 or 5

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 02-06-2020, 01:44 PM

I am looking for this thread you are talking about but i am not sure what one it is. I will keep looking. Thanks,

(#22)
Old

Default 02-06-2020, 02:05 PM

got it, i will give that a try. Thanks,

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-07-2020, 12:31 AM

Quote:
got it, i will give that a try. Thanks,

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 02-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Map 5 pull with duty bias manually set.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-06 16_41_50_Map-5.csv (12.6 KB, 189 views)

(#25)
Old

Default 02-08-2020, 07:28 AM

Two more on map 1
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-06 16_40_20_Map-1.csv (10.8 KB, 176 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-06 16_32_26_Map-1.csv (10.2 KB, 182 views)