N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#851)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 06-29-2016, 06:53 AM

1. JB4 integrated port injector duty cycle is based on a few things but primarily boost and RPM. It does not spray all the time, only above 2K rpms under moderate and high boost.

2. Update to the latest firmware.

3. No need to do any flashing or updates with that box.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#852)
Old

Car: 335i Cp TiAg JB3 DCI
Default 06-29-2016, 07:55 PM

Terry, just a couple questions about the new controller with JB4 integration

1) does the new controller work as a standalone injector controller or requires JB4?

2) if misfire cuts cylinder DI fuel is there a failsafe to cut PI fuel to that cyl so as to not create hyper lean condition that can blow an engine as it happened on my engine failure?

(Info maybe in the thread but would take too long to read 35 pages, apologize if it's been answered before)

Stock Turbo 500whp 540wtq with MMP inlets
http://mmp-e.com
  • inlets (high flow and one piece silicone)
  • high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#853)
Old

Car: 10/06 E92 335i
Default 06-29-2016, 08:30 PM

So is there any kind of trade in program for swapping the aic for the bms module?

2008 E90 6MT sports package, VM 6466g2, BMS PI, Fuel-It Stage 3+, JB4+MHD
2009 E89 Z4 DCT, JB4, MHD flash, DCI
(#854)
Old

Car: 335i Cp TiAg JB3 DCI
Default 06-29-2016, 10:39 PM

Well found on page 33 that my question 2 was answered. Looks like the only way jb4 cuts fuel is if it sees 20:1AFR for a period of time (1 sec?). Seems to me that is a bit high I would think its better to lower that threshold. My cylinder blew from the misfire/lean fire condition at less than 20:1 AFR. Really would be slick if it could know there was a misfire and DME turned of cylinders and PI did the same so they both failsafed in concert, that would trial one of the key safety features being tauted by the Uber expensive syvecs.

Still curious about question 1.

Stock Turbo 500whp 540wtq with MMP inlets
http://mmp-e.com
  • inlets (high flow and one piece silicone)
  • high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#855)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2016, 08:38 AM

Answer to question 1...no, it does not work as a stand alone.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#856)
Old

Car: 2009 335i xdrive 6mt
Default 06-30-2016, 12:32 PM

Hello BMS gents,
Would one be able to buy the JB4 port injection control and the fuel splitter hose separately? Also a price for a set of 6 injectors. I'm looking for everything except the manifold spacer/fuel rail.

Thanks
Kyle
(#857)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 06-30-2016, 01:12 PM

I bought the controller separately from BMS.
Also, you can get hoses direct from Fuel-it.
That's what I did with my AD Engineering PI.
My AD Engineering PI had the injectors, but I would assume that BMS would sell them separately.

2009 BMW 135i | Alpinweiß | 6AT | MHD/BMS JB4 G5 ISO32.8 | JB4 MHD 3/15/17 E85 Backend Flash | BMS Anti-Lag | Fuel-It Stage 2/ES-1/JB4 integration Kit | AD Engineering Port Injection | PR (Turbo-side) Inlets | PR Ignition System | VRSF DP | aFe Exhaust | Cobb FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | N20 TMAP | BMS Oil Cooler Valve | JB4 Mobile | 100% E85 | H&R Swaybars F&R | BA Diff Lock | StopTech D&S Rotors F&R | Cool Carbon Pads | Michelin PSS

(#858)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 07-01-2016, 01:55 PM

So where do we get this R4 software?

335- stock
(#859)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 07-01-2016, 02:01 PM

oh its in the file. lol

335- stock
(#860)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 07-08-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black ground
Red JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 Db25 harness #15
Purple goes in the small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
Can the jb4 ethanol sensor be wired up at the same time as they both use pin 15 in the db25 connector??

Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsports Forge Rods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Race intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP, Ugraded Fuel lines , Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, JB4 g5, MHD 98Ron ***** Hybrid Custom Backend flash, BMS OCC, T20MAP, AR Design 3" Cattless **, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, AFE intake scoops, Bimmer Coils, CSF Radiator
(#861)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2016, 07:03 PM

Yes, in the newest firmware the FUA options are as follows.

FUA Twin Turbo Firmware:

0-50 - Lock in a differential between DME target and ECU PSI to reduce the throttle safety. 0 = default operation. 26 units per PSI. e.g. a value of 26 would dampen throttle safety an addl psi. This value will also reduce effective load reported back to the DME by that amount. For diagnostic purposes only.

51 - Output clutch position under low fuel pressure. For troubleshooting NLS.
52 - Alternative E85 cold start / cranking fuel algorithm
54 - Output 2STEP output PID under low fuel pressure.
55 - Fueling applied as a function of actual boost rather than delta over stock target. Useful for 335is models using E85 without a back end flash map.
56 - Output road speed instead of low fuel pressure.
57 - Output 4BAR learned adaption value instead of low fuel pressure.
58 - Change DB25#2 from methanol output to E85 analyzer input.

Ethanol content will then show up under duty bias.

(#862)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 07-16-2016, 01:43 PM

is the anti-lag chip needed to get the new PI working with the new BMS controller? I installed my PI today at followed the wiring instructions set on on page 33, car started up fine, with no issues, meth scaling was set to 100 and duty bias set to 50 across the range.

The car wasn't on the lastest firmware at the time, and I just updated to 32.2 hex...would the outdated firmware also cause the PI not to work?
(#863)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2016, 01:51 PM

32.2 will work but if you don't have the updated chip, it will not work.

(#864)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-17-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil
The new pi controller works well, I was thinking of fitting the meth kit but how will it work when the new controller takes up pin 15 on the db25 connector ?
Terry/Steve, is there a solution for this yet as I do not want to remove the fsb and meth system totally as e85 availability is highly limited here, this was I can turn the meth system on via fsb when running pump fuel to keep iat suppression in check and the performance consistent as well.

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" DP's|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#865)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2016, 11:08 AM

Then I would recommend using the Split Second controller at this time.

(#866)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-18-2016, 01:54 PM

I just bought a BMS PI kit and was wondering if I could get away with just a stage 2 LPFP upgrade if I'm only looking to make 500-550 awhp max with pure stage 2 turbos. The car will mostly be on either straight 93 octane or e85 as I'm not looking to deal with mixing. Thanks!
(#867)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 07-18-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboostlol
I just bought a BMS PI kit and was wondering if I could get away with just a stage 2 LPFP upgrade if I'm only looking to make 500-550 awhp max with pure stage 2 turbos. The car will mostly be on either straight 93 octane or e85 as I'm not looking to deal with mixing. Thanks!
start with low boost (20 or less) and see how your lpfp and hpfp are doing. Then you could just increase boost until your hpfp dips below 9. 10+ would be better but you could push it a little harder if need be.
(#868)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboostlol
Yes, you can run the stage 2 with PI. You shouldn't need to go to Stage 3 until about 550whp.

(#869)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-19-2016, 10:35 AM

How do I wire the new AIC and how can I a software flash on the device ??
(#870)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD
How do I wire the new AIC and how can I a software flash on the device ??
See the first page of this thread.

Are you doing JB4 integration? (highly suggested)

For connecting to the AIC, that too is demonstrated in a video on the first page of this thread.

(#871)
Old
Cool ///Member

Car: E90 SEDAN
Default 07-19-2016, 05:08 PM

Steve
I got a single turbo coming but will only be push about 600rwhp approx.With a E50 mix with 100% meth(Cm10 &CM05) will this be ok.I do have a Fuel iT stage 2 intank.Eventually i wll do Pi injection.

SOLD
2004 E46 ///M3 MODDED
PRESENT RiDE
2008 E90 SEDAN G5 iSO-FBO FSB-100%METH-DUAL NOZZLES,Fuel iT!Stage 2
(#872)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2016, 11:19 AM

You'll have to see how the logs look...you may need to go to dual CM10's or ???

(#873)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 07-21-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 TuNeR
Steve
I got a single turbo coming but will only be push about 600rwhp approx.With a E50 mix with 100% meth(Cm10 &CM05) will this be ok.I do have a Fuel iT stage 2 intank.Eventually i wll do Pi injection.
With fuelit stage 1 running E50 + 100% Meth (CM10/CM7), I made 680rw so if you want 600rw then you should be fine. Once you're up and running, log and go from there.

SOLD - FBO N54, Pure Turbos stage 2, TFT inlets, JB4/MHD, EOS intake manifold w/PI, Fuel-it stage 3
(#874)
Old

Car: 135i coupe
Default 07-26-2016, 02:32 PM

Just curios guys, I'm wiring in my AIC1 EV6 today and I DO HAVE the latest firmware on my jb4. I'm confused as to if I only connect the green wire to pin #9 in the USB cable and leave all other wires unhooked AKA (yellow, black, red)

It doesn't make sense to me though to leave the red and black wire unhooked because the controller wouldn't have power. And then is it ok to leave the yellow wire unhooked (tachometer) because the green wire is connected to the jb4? Or do I still have to have a tachometer reference? Any help would be appreciated! I already read through the beginning of this post and all it states it to hook up the green wire, nothing about the other 3 so I would just like to clerify. Thanks!
(#875)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2016, 02:41 PM

All wires would have to be installed... But if doing a new install with the JB4 best to just sell that and get our JB4 port injection controller so it has bi-directional control.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.