N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#901)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 01-11-2015, 03:02 PM

Hi
I asked ER a few months ago, they tested the chargepipe for turbo side and it should also be possible to Order if you ask per email.

I've never ordered one because nobody would send me an turbo upgrade to test to germany...

@e46m3lol: the rolloface CP looks completely the same as the CP from carlab, they also replace the turbo side:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-1-F20-F30...item4d24c6fae4

I've never ordered this, because to much Parts, clamps, silicon etc
Too much cause of defects in my eyes, in comparision the ER CP looks better, but much more expensive

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#902)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Is it worth it? - 01-13-2015, 02:03 AM

Hi,

Is there an revision notes on firmware updates, so I can evaluate if its worth upgrading?

Regarding the EWG upgrade: What does it provide in simple terms?
More power? how much 10BHP?
(#903)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 01-13-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuMMiBaEr
Hi
I asked ER a few months ago, they tested the chargepipe for turbo side and it should also be possible to Order if you ask per email.

I've never ordered one because nobody would send me an turbo upgrade to test to germany...

@e46m3lol: the rolloface CP looks completely the same as the CP from carlab, they also replace the turbo side:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-1-F20-F30...item4d24c6fae4

I've never ordered this, because to much Parts, clamps, silicon etc
Too much cause of defects in my eyes, in comparision the ER CP looks better, but much more expensive

Man just get this, it has both sides and @ same price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Treadstone-P...d96e4c&vxp=mtr

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#904)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
Hi,

Is there an revision notes on firmware updates, so I can evaluate if its worth upgrading?

Regarding the EWG upgrade: What does it provide in simple terms?
More power? how much 10BHP?
The EWG doesn't add much. Only useful for cars running race gas or meth. And there is the whole durability issue with this engine. Unless there is some specific need for more boost I'd avoid it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#905)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 01-14-2015, 06:45 AM

Seriously guys, if 300 lb ft from a turbo 4 pot that is daily driveable and gets 36 mpg isn't enough "performance" you prolly shoulda got a different car, 335 etc...
(#906)
Old

Car: FBO 228i
Default 01-14-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkusyambo
Seriously guys, if 300 lb ft from a turbo 4 pot that is daily driveable and gets 36 mpg isn't enough "performance" you prolly shoulda got a different car, 335 etc...
I don't think I've ever gotten the claimed 36 mpg. MPG is overrated
Heading out to the drag strip again tomorrow evening. Tonight I'll be filling up with some race fuel Crossing my fingers that I can actually leave the starting line this time unlike last week when I thought I blew my motor. lol
(#907)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 01-15-2015, 04:43 PM

Hey guys i was reading over in 135 thread, is it safe for BMS Stage1 / N20 engine to do this once ?

Quote:
I put 2 gallons of E85 the other day (don't have flex fuel wires) they said 20% was safe.. and threw it on Map 5, after 2-3 runs.. the car pulled like a truck
(#908)
Old

Car: FBO 228i
Default 01-21-2015, 03:53 PM

Last Thursday nights drag race went well. Nothing blew this time and my best run was a 8.65 on 91 octane pump gas w/map 1 and Bridgestone potenza tires. I get so much wheel spin so next up on the list of mods is some sticky tires! http://youtu.be/RwJE233-5g0
(#909)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 01-22-2015, 06:39 AM

Hi Terry and all,
I'm new, just got JB4 for my 320i (2012), it's impressive.
I have some questions:
1. Can use it for 328i (2012/2013 model)?
2. I heard something like " wireless bluetooth interface", where can I get it? Will it help to see further inside with mobile device instead of laptop?

Tks all,
(#910)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 01-25-2015, 12:05 PM

is there any way jb4 will come as easy install for jb4 as jb1? . i want to go for the jb 4, but it looks so much hassle and, i dont wana tuckle with the wires for a such new car..
(#911)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2015, 12:47 PM

Nope. If you want a quick install, do the Stage1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#912)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 01-25-2015, 01:44 PM

ok tnx terry so there is no new upcomming tune for the N20 in the near future?
(#913)
Old

Car: 428i
Default 01-27-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nope. If you want a quick install, do the Stage1.
So if I am not planning any hardware mods, is the Stage 1 the one to go for?
(#914)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 01-27-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad_M
So if I am not planning any hardware mods, is the Stage 1 the one to go for?
Yes, stage 1 would be best for you if no other mods are planned.
Plus easier install. True plug and play. Don't worry about anything else.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#915)
Old

Default 01-27-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
You told me exactly the opposite thing over email.
(#916)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-27-2015, 12:08 PM

I have jb4 for my 2013 X3 n20. Which of the 3 .hex files posted do i use to update my firmware?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#917)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 01-27-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
I have jb4 for my 2013 X3 n20. Which of the 3 .hex files posted do i use to update my firmware?
can you please do a 40-90mph or any video. just to compare it with racechip

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#918)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-27-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
can you please do a 40-90mph or any video. just to compare it with racechip
This is all i have. 0-80mph. Map2. 21psi. 93 octane. DP. K&N drop in.

http://youtu.be/69EzMrcirXQ

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#919)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 01-28-2015, 11:36 AM

Terry: What about Canflap solution like N55 / S55 for us N20 engines?

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#920)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 01-28-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
From what I am reading here seems like you are leaning towards stage 1 and with no other mods in the future stage 1 is still fine for you.

What I tell everyone is I always recommend the JB4 no matter what mods you have or don't have or what your future plans are.

Burger Motorsports

(#921)
Old

Default 01-28-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
From what I am reading here seems like you are leaning towards stage 1 and with no other mods in the future stage 1 is still fine for you.

What I tell everyone is I always recommend the JB4 no matter what mods you have or don't have or what your future plans are.
Mu tuner is telling me the same thing. I guess i am just a little intimidated with the install, and also whether it is possible to remove and not have the agents detect that it was used when taken for service/repairs. I've been hearing stories that they are on the lookout for tuning on N20 engines (although these stories always do the rounds with no proof).
(#922)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 01-28-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Mu tuner is telling me the same thing. I guess i am just a little intimidated with the install, and also whether it is possible to remove and not have the agents detect that it was used when taken for service/repairs. I've been hearing stories that they are on the lookout for tuning on N20 engines (although these stories always do the rounds with no proof).
JB4 just has CAN wires to tap into with posi taps.
Any aftermarket part/tune has the potential to void your warranty.
Use your better judgment.

Burger Motorsports

(#923)
Old

Default 01-28-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
JB4 just has CAN wires to tap into with posi taps.
Any aftermarket part/tune has the potential to void your warranty.
Use your better judgment.

Just out of interest, why are you not using an in/out connector (a short harness) on the CAN bus? Posi taps are not vibration/moisture proof, not to mention that if one knows where to look, the damage on the spliced wire is clearly visible?
(#924)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuMMiBaEr
Terry: What about Canflap solution like N55 / S55 for us N20 engines?
I think the same commands should work. Drop me an email and I can send you something to test.

Burger Motorsports

(#925)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Just out of interest, why are you not using an in/out connector (a short harness) on the CAN bus? Posi taps are not vibration/moisture proof, not to mention that if one knows where to look, the damage on the spliced wire is clearly visible?
The factory connectors are not available, so the removable posi-taps are the only option, if you want CANbus access.

They can be installed anywhere along the CANbus wires so if staying is discrete is a concern pick a more hidden area like under conduit, etc, to add them. We've been using the posi-taps on CANbus wires for years and have yet to have any issues with them.

Burger Motorsports