N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1301)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgturbo2012
Has anyone witnessed loss of CC and random 2D2E codes with the latest update? Just curious, because it is driving me crazy. Haha.
Cruise control would be on the flash side. On 2D2E, the throttle code, that should probably be disabled on the flash. Anyone tried that yet?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1302)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Terry

Can I drive injector kit with E85 and methanol kit man can control it all with JB4
I do not mean to order everything now

??
(#1303)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 01-28-2015, 06:01 AM

Whats your email address Terry. Need the I9A0S backend flash. Thank you!
(#1304)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2015, 10:03 AM

Flash maps are in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1305)
Old

Car: AW 335i
Default Cylinder 1 timing??? - 01-28-2015, 01:44 PM

Maybe Terry or Russell can help me out here. I've been getting what feels like a misfire on the last flash T sent over to me. I pulled my plugs and cylinder 1 plug was a mess. Installed fresh plugs and new coils. Injectors are newer as well. Coded with INPA. Under light throttle I notice Cylinder #1 timing is MUCH higher than all other cylinders. I am wondering if the harshness I am feeling isn't that. Also why do my trims read 0 when I step on it.

I took this log in 6th gear starting at 2500 to feel it breakup/misfire hoping to pinpoint what the issue is. Asides from the ignition timing and trims I'm not sure what it could be? Thanks!

2008 335i stock
(#1306)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM

Cyl 2-6 are not logged during off throttle. In terms of part throttle this just looks like a logging error. It's probably just rolling over a byte value showing a falsely low value on cylinders 2-6. A byte stores up to 25.5 degrees and these all look to be 25.5 degrees lower. At full throttle timing is never over 25 degrees so a bug like that could easily go undiscovered. I'll fix it next time I'm in there.

The log seems normal in terms of AFR and timing to me. I don't know what you might be feeling during cruise there. If it started with a flash map try a different map. During cruise any map can be used for testing. Just don't go full throttle on the non-ST maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#1307)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 01-29-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
damn, full build then
What needs for full build Rob? I live in Turkey. Any help please. If I have full build upgrade parts I can make the labour. Whom should I talk to ? Thanks in advance.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#1308)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-29-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
What needs for full build Rob? I live in Turkey. Any help please. If I have full build upgrade parts I can make the labour. Whom should I talk to ? Thanks in advance.
I would call Level 10

JB4 G5, ***** flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#1309)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 02-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Fellow single turbo guys; are any of you running an aftermarket Wideband in the DP? Just curious to the accuracy or if its worth buying.

10'135i Alpine White - M/T 827WHP/707WTQ (Sold)
10'135i Black - 580WHP/540WTQ (Sold)
11' Mustang GT - 1480WHP/1325WTQ (Sold)
93' RHD GTE Supra - (Current)
21' A91 Supra - (Current)
(#1310)
Old

Default 02-08-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Cruise control would be on the flash side. On 2D2E, the throttle code, that should probably be disabled on the flash. Anyone tried that yet?
Sorry terry, i missed this! To answer you, I'm running a cobb pro tune. Jake would know more about that than I. I asked him about the CC and he said I'm running the latest map which was suppose to fix it? Still no Bueno though...

(#1311)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default ST Logs - 02-10-2015, 02:00 AM

Hi Terry.

Could you please have a look at my logs and let me know if everything seems okay. I ran 20% eth and this was the first time the car was on a dyno.

Thanks!
(#1312)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-10-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrS24
Hi Terry.

Could you please have a look at my logs and let me know if everything seems okay. I ran 20% eth and this was the first time the car was on a dyno.

Thanks!
Everything looks good except LPFP. It starts dropping toward redline.
Boost is not on target either.

PS, it shows Map 5. Is there a new firmware I am missing with a defined map 5?

Edit: Guess I need to update my JB4 LOL

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1313)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 17PSI 3586 Log - 02-11-2015, 08:00 AM

Howdy guys. About time I made it over to this forum

Wanted to grab your thoughts on a Map 2 17PSI pull. Pump gas. Car was happy until it broke up at the top of forth. I had thought it was octane or fuel related but now i'm not so certain.

I'm a JB4 noob so my knowledge here is modest beyond the basic channels. Any obvious adjustments I should be making? Boost and AFR look spot on but there's some ugliness as well. Already bugged Terry at BB so I won't pester him, curious to see what you all think. Thanks for having me!

http://www.***********/u/135pats/17psi-misfire

Last edited by 135pats; 02-11-2015 at 08:58 AM..
(#1314)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135pats
Howdy guys. About time I made it over to this forum

Wanted to grab your thoughts on a Map 2 17PSI pull. Pump gas. Car was happy until it broke up at the top of forth. I had thought it was octane or fuel related but now i'm not so certain.

I'm a JB4 noob so my knowledge here is modest beyond the basic channels. Any obvious adjustments I should be making? Boost and AFR look spot on but there's some ugliness as well. Already bugged Terry at BB so I won't pester him, curious to see what you all think. Thanks for having me!

http://www.***********/u/135pats/17ps...-18-24&mark=60
Log is not coming up.

Burger Motorsports

(#1315)
Old

Default 02-11-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Log is not coming up.
http://www.***********/u/135pats/17psi-misfire

Agh my bad man.
(#1316)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135pats
HPFP takes dump toward redline, where AFR spikes very badly. Looks like not enough fuel to me, but I could be wrong.

Burger Motorsports

(#1317)
Old

Default 02-11-2015, 09:28 AM

FastGTI; are you running meth? If so, what psi do you have have it intimate at? My kit will be in for the weekend and I'd like a heads up on setting it up so I won't be last minute searching.

(#1318)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
FastGTI; are you running meth? If so, what psi do you have have it intimate at? My kit will be in for the weekend and I'd like a heads up on setting it up so I won't be last minute searching.
I run meth for higher psi maps around 20+ psi. I have it start at 6 psi (It will have full flow by 15 psi)

Burger Motorsports

(#1319)
Old

Default 02-11-2015, 10:51 AM

That's exactly what I needed to know. I think we're aiming for 24/25 psi tune. Just needed more info on what's best to introduce the meth and when to set full flow.

(#1320)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what I needed to know. I think we're aiming for 24/25 psi tune. Just needed more info on what's best to introduce the meth and when to set full flow.
Yep, you got it!

Burger Motorsports

(#1321)
Old
Because Racecar

Car: '08 135i
Default 02-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
HPFP takes dump toward redline, where AFR spikes very badly. Looks like not enough fuel to me, but I could be wrong.
I thinking along the same lines, AFR goes waaay lean (16-19AFR). HPFP pressure oscillates once AFR goes lean.

-'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp
-'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
-'97 318is - Daily
-'82 320i
(#1322)
Old

Default 02-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xearo
I thinking along the same lines, AFR goes waaay lean (16-19AFR). HPFP pressure oscillates once AFR goes lean.
Agreed. My original thought was that i'm just out of fuel by the top of forth, and the car can't support it up top. The ensuing results would make sense to me if that's the case. We'll see what Terry says.

The only code it threw was cyl 5 mis, I expected others and was a bit surprised by that. Had fuel pressure fallen a bit more, I would think the JB would have thrown it into Map 4. A little worried that it went lean like that and probably would have continued to do so had I not let off the throttle almost immediately.

The fun of tuning
(#1323)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6 speed
Default 02-11-2015, 02:39 PM

Running e30 I can get 19psi on my 6466. The hpfp rock 11 all the way to redline. Anything above that I need meth.
(#1324)
Old

Default 02-11-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
Running e30 I can get 19psi on my 6466. The hpfp rock 11 all the way to redline. Anything above that I need meth.
Lucky. Mine took a serious bath at 6K+ in 4th like 1,100PSI and yo-yo'ing all over the place.

Port fuel here I come!
(#1325)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
That's exactly the same with me 19psi e40 blend, anything higher I will need meth. Lots of it

Burger Motorsports