(#1451)
Old

Car: 2014 335xi
Default 11-23-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossanboy
Hi All,

I have F30 EWG.

we tried to connect blue wire FSB to #16 which was used for blue wire going to wastegate harness.

The PDF instruction is to move blue hardness wire to position 9.

9 is used by purple wire! Where should I move this?

Thanks
Its 9 on the USB wire on the other side of your JB4...ALONG THOSE LINES.

1) Is it possible to duplicate funtions of the position 16 by having the EWG blue wire "Splice" into the FSB blue wire using the same technique from the CAN wires?

2) Is it possible to leave the FSB blue in position 16 and just moving EWG blue to position 9 in the USB?
(#1452)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-25-2014, 02:05 AM

Hey Terry

No new updates for Pneumatics?

Here in SA the EWGs have overtaken us drastically , if only us Pnuematics could hold boost

(#1453)
Old

Car: M135i UK
Default 11-26-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgd-uk
just some feedback on this, I have been running the new EWG specific board on my car and where I would normally have the drivetrain error each time I started the car with the old board I have not had it once with the new board yet.

:D

Thats another week gone by, and I have not had a single drivetrain error with the new board.

(#1454)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgd-uk
Thats another week gone by, and I have not had a single drivetrain error with the new board.

Glad to hear.

We have a few more going out for testing shortly and presuming that goes well we will setup a trade in program on our site.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1455)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 12-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Hi Terry, just to confirm, it's the correct pid setting 12 or 10. Because the first page of the thread says 12 and whilst u read thru the thread you read the pid seating should be 10. We patiently await confirmation
(#1456)
Old

Car: BMW M135i
Default 8.10 Stop Start function not working - 12-10-2014, 03:27 AM

Hi Terry hope you well.

Just a question i noticed when I updated to 8.10 the stop start function is being over ridden and is not working any more.

Have you had anyone else mention this or has anyone experienced the same problem?
(#1457)
Old

Car: 2015 M235
Default 12-13-2014, 03:22 PM

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but where can i get the correct firmware update for an 2015 m235i n55 Stage 2. I did not purchase the extra EWG harness. I found this link here
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...33&postcount=1
but not 100% if its the correct one. Thankyou in advance.
(#1458)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 12-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Romoguy

The link you have is correct.

Version 2.9 of EWG firmware is the latest update

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#1459)
Old

Car: 2015 M235
Default 12-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Thankyou very much for your reply.
(#1460)
Old

Car: BMW M135i F20
Default 12-14-2014, 06:02 PM

Hey,

I made an install log for the newer vehicles and the JB4 harnesses with the FF pre-installed:

http://*******/1yONVAT

(#1461)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2014, 07:52 PM

Hey guys,

For those who want the EWG board we've added an board swap option to our site. It's $35 plus a refundable core. At some point in the near future we'll start shipping EWG boards along with new JB4s for 2014+ models. There really isn't much of a difference at the moment between the EWG and the normal board. We deleted the high current power supply and circuits which simplifies the wiring. And added a couple extra analog outputs. It does seem to be less prone to EWG start up faults and the extra analog outputs will be useful for future EWG specific development.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_upgrades.html

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1462)
Old

Car: 14 M235i
Default 12-17-2014, 09:01 PM

Had the pleasure of playing around with the rolling launch on a tuned GTR yesterday.. This would be so much fun for our cars :/
(#1463)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R M135i 04
Hi Terry hope you well.

Just a question i noticed when I updated to 8.10 the stop start function is being over ridden and is not working any more.

Have you had anyone else mention this or has anyone experienced the same problem?
It's not JB4 related. It often disables itself though for random reasons. I expect it will "fix" itself soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#1464)
Old

Car: BMW M135i
Default stop start function - 12-17-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's not JB4 related. It often disables itself though for random reasons. I expect it will "fix" itself soon.
Thanks Terry it has been off for about 4000 km now and only happened when I upgraded to 8.10 the car learnt on 8.8 in about 50 km.

Think I should reinstall the software or will that make no difference?

Sorry sit in terrible traffic and the function saved me a lot of fuel
(#1465)
Old

Car: f30 335i
Default 12-18-2014, 05:33 AM

it will be great if you can update the install guide as what wires have to be cut, etc

you guys have nice product but the guide is simply too lack

my 2 cent....
(#1466)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2014, 09:34 AM

Power, ground, purple, and blue patches are no longer used with the EWG board and can be removed from the harness.

Burger Motorsports

(#1467)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-20-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Power, ground, purple, and blue patches are no longer used with the EWG board and can be removed from the harness.
EWG harness still used?

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
ON DECK: 2020 X3 M Competition
(#1468)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB
EWG harness still used?
Yes it's still an optional add on.

Burger Motorsports

(#1469)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 12-21-2014, 12:01 PM

Terry

Is this new EWG Specific Board also for N20 engines?

Thanks!

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#1470)
Old

Car: M235xi
Default 12-31-2014, 02:47 PM

Hey Terry,
I purchased the EWG specific board because of the startup issue and have had some odd issues with it. When I first started it I got a DSC error normally it would be a drivetrain malfunction. So I restarted and that went away. 2nd the car was not running right. It had a real rough idle, the power was down the throttle even hung at a high rpm and I smelled something funny. It was almost like the JB4 was not on at all. Like It was running without a tune. So I hook up to a laptop to check things out and re-flash the firmware. I noticed when I click the settings page where you can program Map 6 and all maps AFRs is now all zeros I attached a pic. That put up red flag to me so I switch back to the old board and all the settings came back and the car is running strong again. I don't want to count this board out yet but I really feel something is not right with it. Anyone similar issues?
Attached Images

(#1471)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 12-31-2014, 07:47 PM

I had to read all 25 pages to find out I also need the FF wires besides the EWG cable. If both cables should come together, please try o put a note on the site in order to make this observation, so both could be purchased as a kit, people could save some time.

If we install the EWG cable without the FF cable, even if you only run 91 or 93 Oct and no E85, would you run the risk of running lean?
(#1472)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2014, 07:50 PM

The settings are correct for the EWG board. If you forgot to remove the power wire you may have fried the board. Alternatively perhaps your TMAP ground is damaged and your vehicle is running off the bypass built in to the previous JB4 board. In that instance leaving the ground wire installed would keep that bypass in place. Anyway if you need tech support be sure to email in.

Burger Motorsports

(#1473)
Old

Car: 335Ci
Default 01-01-2015, 06:21 AM

Installed EWG board on Tuesday, car is running like a charm
(#1474)
Old

Car: M235xi
Default 01-03-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
The settings are correct for the EWG board. If you forgot to remove the power wire you may have fried the board. Alternatively perhaps your TMAP ground is damaged and your vehicle is running off the bypass built in to the previous JB4 board. In that instance leaving the ground wire installed would keep that bypass in place. Anyway if you need tech support be sure to email in.
Terry,
Definitely did not leave the red(power) black(Ground) hooked up. I have been In contact with Jon from support who has been very helpful. I just wanted a second opinion or some more information before I return the first board. I am very happy with the JB4 the gains are impressive. So what happen was a coincidence, when I switch to the EWG specific board the band clamp that mates the BMS intake to the existing piping somehow came loose. Which in turn was messing up the MAF and causing the lose of boost and other strange issues. Thanks to Jon and your replies I looked els ware and found the issue. I will send some logs in to make sure I'm running safe.
Thanks have a happy new year!!

Last edited by jasond13; 01-04-2015 at 05:50 PM..
(#1475)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2015, 02:39 PM

Interesting. Glad you got it figured out!

Burger Motorsports