N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 320i
Default 11-06-2014, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=kooleung;337500]Just installed the ewg harness on my 20i and did a run on map 1 after. The car now pulled a bit stronger and smoother especially on the high range. Anyone feel the same?[/QUOT

yes, I feel the same
(#827)
Old

Car: BMW 328i
Default 11-06-2014, 03:03 PM

Which map should I use for ethanol mix? i have installed a JB4 and a ER ***** Down Pipe...
(#828)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 11-09-2014, 03:55 AM

I am looking to get the meth kit for my car soon.

I am on the PWG 328i.

I already have the ER chargepipe and will be adding a FMIC soon.

Running the stage 2 at the moment,

What else will I need?

How hard is the installation? Possible to DIY?
(#829)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 11-12-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphblade@SG
I am looking to get the meth kit for my car soon.

I am on the PWG 328i.

I already have the ER chargepipe and will be adding a FMIC soon.

Running the stage 2 at the moment,

What else will I need?

How hard is the installation? Possible to DIY?
Installation is quite simple. That's all you need.
(#830)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 11-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mata
I a about to purchase a tune for my 2014 320i and am debating between the jb4 and the stage 1.
how big of a difference is the stage1 compared to map5 (320i exclusive) in the jb4?
thanks in advance
Same here debating on what to purchase for my F25 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 is a stronger tune especially so with the 320i. But it's also more work to install. Maybe start with the Stage1 and then upgrade to the JB4 when bored.
Are the gains on your site for stage1 dyno represent the same for F25 X3 28i ?

thanks
(#831)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Yes the X3 does the same as the rest of the N20s on the dyno.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#832)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeygt
Which map should I use for ethanol mix? i have installed a JB4 and a ER ***** Down Pipe...
It's custom stuff not yet documented. Email for assistance.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#833)
Old

Default 11-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Installation is quite simple. That's all you need.
So which option do I purchase? The one for n54 or n55? Dun see any option for the n20
(#834)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-13-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Yes the X3 does the same as the rest of the N20s on the dyno.
I've tried searching for X3 on the forum with no results, trying to see others result.

Thanks
(#835)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-13-2014, 05:28 PM

Not many of them out there, you may have better luck on an X3 specific forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#836)
Old

Default 11-15-2014, 04:14 PM

I just installed the EWG cable in my N20 328i.
Do it people, smooth power.
Thanks Terry
(#837)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 11-16-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendroz
I just installed the EWG cable in my N20 328i.
Do it people, smooth power.
Thanks Terry

would you please share the log file for peoples who
waiting for their EWG just like me?

Not living US. it is very difficult waiting!!!
(#838)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2014, 09:42 AM

I had a customer report his volume control map switching isn't working with the new EWG firmware. I tested it here and it seemed fine. Can any EWG users confirm the map switching is working as it should be?

Burger Motorsports

(#839)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW Z4 N20
Default 11-16-2014, 10:04 AM

Hello ı register this forum to ask you some questions.
I have a 2012 bmw z4 20i. ı want to purchase jb4 but ı need to ask questions first.
I have straight catback exhaust system and 19wheels on my car. Maximum how many horse powers ı will gain with jb4. I want my car to be more fast than z4 28i. is it possible with jb4?
(#840)
Old

Default 11-16-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I had a customer report his volume control map switching isn't working with the new EWG firmware. I tested it here and it seemed fine. Can any EWG users confirm the map switching is working as it should be?
It works flawlessly here with EWG_5.hex on my 320i
(#841)
Old

Default 11-16-2014, 06:35 PM

Terry,

What's the meaning of PWM on EWG cars since we don't have the vacuum control solenoid? Or it means just the same thing?

Thanks
(#842)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2014, 06:42 PM

Same thing only via the EWG.

Burger Motorsports

(#843)
Old

Default 11-16-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Working perfectly and can switch between maps.
(#844)
Old

Car: 2014 328xiT (N26)
Default 11-17-2014, 09:14 AM

Should I get the EWG cable for my N26 328? Does it really make any difference on Map 1 or 2 or is it better for my engine? Sounds like Terry is saying it only makes a difference on heavily modified cars, not stock cars running 93 oct.
(#845)
Old

Car: F30 320i Activeflex
Default 11-17-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Working fine here
(#846)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 11-20-2014, 02:04 AM

@Terry: Is there already a new F30_EWG Board with correct harness for N20 ewg cars available?
Whats the difference between them?
No more 12V/mass connector? EWG harness included?

Thanks
Rick

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#847)
Old

Car: F30 320i 6MT
Default 11-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Installed ewg harness today and I'm a little confused on settings, so before I jump in enjoying my car , I wanted to clarify few things. I have 320i manual with bms stage 2 , fuel flex wires , er down pipe n now ewg

Because on first page says only map 5 and ff adaption to 0

So with this new EWG upgrade can I use map 1 and 5, and as far as I understood I should have pid gain 10, autoshiftreduction 10 n ff waste gate 50, correct?
I apologize for asking this I know it's on first page but I just don't understand it 100%, better be safe than sorry later.

Anyway last quick question is about logging, do I just connect my laptop to bms tune, schoose start logging, disconnect laptop drive around and do hard pulls on 3rd gear , than just safe data??

Thanks for great work and support Terry
(#848)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-24-2014, 12:14 PM

Hey guys a little confuse here debating on whether to go with Stage1 or Stage2, I'm not a big modder by any means but want to get the most out of my N20 BMW X3 28i engine while keep components stock and using the best tune available.

There's a dyno showing a 2012 328i with stage1 257HP 280 tq, then there's a another dyno graph shows stage1 on N26 test car 2012 328 pump gas 264hp 291tq, race gas 283hp 317tq. (first image)
But the stage1 vs stage2 comparison shows 257hp|280tq vs 268hp|302tq .. so does this means the N26 is achieving more hp/tq on stage1 than N20 is ? (at the bottom)

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 11-24-2014 at 12:24 PM..
(#849)
Old

Car: 2014 428i Stage 2 JB4
Default N20 / N26 - 11-29-2014, 11:00 AM

Newbie here.. I keep seeing reference to N20 firmware.. is the same as N26?
(#850)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2014, 11:17 AM

N20 and N26 use the same firmware.

Burger Motorsports