N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2014, 07:10 PM

If you email them to Jon he will forward them to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#727)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 07-21-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egennari
320i activeflex (Brazil) fuel: 100% ethanol....intake Afe....DP....eletronic WG...ff wire
log with new firmware jb4_Fseries_EWG2
Map 5
Once you engage third gear (aprox. 2000 rpm) you have to push the gas (before the click) and let it rev to redline.

This is my log:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25555
(#728)
Old

Car: F30
Default 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM

Thanks Terry.

May i know the benefits of getting the harness for a 320?

Understood that you mentioned 320 guys must get this but can you further explain what kind of benefit that we will have after installing the harness? Eg. More boost? More HP? Are we able to use other maps other than 5? Etc.....

Please advise.

Matt
(#729)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM

Just traded my 328 for an m4. What should i do with the jb4?
(#730)
Old

Default 07-22-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Throttle is used in conjunction with duty cycle to maintain torque on target. If boost is over boost target then torque is over torque target and throttle has to close to make up the difference reducing torque.

If you do not have EWG control then there is no mechanism for the JB4 to "correct" the duty cycle part of the equation and thus you'd need more throttle closure to maintain torque. With EWG control we can better split it between the two. Too much throttle closure or too much duty cycle reduction both have draw backs. It's best to use a balanced approach as the OEM tuning does.
Great explanation! Got your point but someone posted a log of an N55 with EWG control in which throttle closure was significantly present. Many others reported the same since then.

Is it an issue yet to be addressed or it just can't be prevented without an actual flash?

Btw, do you know of anyone who is trying to crack the DME (N20)?

Thanks
(#731)
Old

Default 07-22-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkusyambo
Just traded my 328 for an m4. What should i do with the jb4?
Congrats! Isn't it possible to use it with a different harness?
Maybe Terry can supply one to you.
(#732)
Old

Car: 2012 328i
Default 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Added the N20_EWG firmware to the first post. The firmware won't be overly useful until we release the N20 EWG harness add on. But I'd like to start collecting a few EWG logs on the firmware regardless so if you are EWG equipped and bored feel free to load it up and email in a log or two.

Also, updated the pneumatic wastegate firmware. The only real change is the addition of map 3 and methanol support. The EWG firmware posted also has methanol support but keep in mind for the EWG firmware the FSB blue wire must be installed on spot #9 of the USB, as the EWG harness itself connects to spot #16 on the DB25.
What will map 3 do on the pneumatic wastegate?
(#733)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2014, 05:54 PM

It will run the BMS meth injection kit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#734)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 07-24-2014, 05:48 PM

I have a 320i with just the Stage 1. I want to use the +4 PSI boost map. I plugged in the USB cable and ran the software, it connected fine. Is it as simple as changing "Boost Over Stock" from 3 to 4 then hitting save? Or do I need to switch from map 1 to map 6 then change the boost?

Thanks!
(#735)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2014, 07:36 PM

Yes it's as simple as the setting change. There is only map 1 and 0 for stage1.

Burger Motorsports

(#736)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 07-24-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Yes it's as simple as the setting change. There is only map 1 and 0 for stage1.
OK, thanks Terry. Map 6 is an option, and it lets me select it. I wasn't going to try it without knowing what it was though.
(#737)
Old

Car: F30 320i M Sport
Default 07-25-2014, 02:26 AM

Terry,

I know you advise against it, but I've recently tried map 1 on my 320 (EGW (no EGW harness), Stage 2 , EWG firmware, FF Wires, 99RON fuel) as curiosity got the better of me.

It certainly feels like it's giving more boost at low RPM compared to map 5 - the car definitely feels like it's giving more torque and so feels quicker in day-to-day driving. Top end feels similar to map 5.

I've notice no ill effects - the engine 'seems' to run very sweetly on this setting.

Is there a reason why I can't keep with it?
(#738)
Old

Default 07-25-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice
Terry,

I know you advise against it, but I've recently tried map 1 on my 320 (EGW (no EGW harness), Stage 2 , EWG firmware, FF Wires, 99RON fuel) as curiosity got the better of me.

It certainly feels like it's giving more boost at low RPM compared to map 5 - the car definitely feels like it's giving more torque and so feels quicker in day-to-day driving. Top end feels similar to map 5.

I've notice no ill effects - the engine 'seems' to run very sweetly on this setting.

Is there a reason why I can't keep with it?

Quoting first page:
Those with a 320/520 may only use map 5. Maps 1, 2, & 7 may cause the motor to run lean, knock, and other unpleasantness. Due to the lower factory boost targets in the 320/520 they also require both the FlexFuel connector ($25) for proper fueling.

Post a few logs so we can see if the car is reaching the target and how the AFR is like.
(#739)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Hey guys,

As a general reminder any tech support related question will be deleted from this thread without being read. If you want to discuss technical support items use the tech support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#740)
Old

Car: 328
Default 08-03-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

As a general reminder any tech support related question will be deleted from this thread without being read. If you want to discuss technical support items use the tech support forum.

Hey Terry, My car is a 2013 BMW 328i and I have bought BMS N20 JB4 Stage2, now I'm using the 4th version firmware with normal gas,
if I wanna upgrade my firmware is it right to download your N20_JB4_FSERIES_6_2.hex in the first post? Or should I download other version? Thank you so much
(#741)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2014, 04:38 PM

That is the latest version for non-EWG cars (e.g. blue patch connected).

Burger Motorsports

(#742)
Old

Car: 328
Default 08-04-2014, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendroz
Terry i upgrade my firmware to this version N20_JB4_FSERIES_6_2.hex.
My 2013 328i has EWG and i leave all settings in default (including the FF Wastegate on 80).
Why you do this? Terry says the version is for non-EWG F30,why you still try this version with your EWG 328?
(#743)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 08-04-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcson
Why you do this? Terry says the version is for non-EWG F30,why you still try this version with your EWG 328?
Because i dont have the ewg harness connected. I did understand that if you have the harness you need the ewg version. Terry correct me if iam wrong.
(#744)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendroz
Because i dont have the ewg harness connected. I did understand that if you have the harness you need the ewg version. Terry correct me if iam wrong.
You could also run ewg firmware on ewg equipped car without the ewg harness

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#745)
Old

Car: F30 N20
Default 08-04-2014, 04:57 PM

Terry, any news about harness?
(#746)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2014, 04:58 PM

We have a handful of them out there for those running methanol and willing to risk higher than map 2 boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#747)
Old

Car: F30 N20
Default 08-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Any idea when it will be available normally?
(#748)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2014, 05:18 PM

There is no set ETA for it. Sorry. But we're always working in the background.

Burger Motorsports

(#749)
Old

Car: 2012 328i
Default 08-04-2014, 05:54 PM

Any benefit to update firmware on pneumatic if not running meth?
(#750)
Old

Car: 2013 Z4 20i
Default 08-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Hi Terry, could you please tell me where to download the Steel Wheel Control for X1/Z4 N20 JB4? Have checked the posts for hours but can't find it. Thanks!!