N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1201)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435M
I did a dyno run completely stock on my 435 and it made 270whp/284ft/lbs.Installed the jb4 and ran map 5 for a week and ran it on the dyno and made 280whp/304ft lbs. I do have the EWG but from what i have read i should have gained alot more than 10whp even without the EWG harness. I am 4900ft above sea level so not sure if that has any effect with the EWG? I have ordered the EWG harness and FF wires. I installed a custom DP and then made 322hp/380ft lbs. Any views and advise would be appreciated.
If you wind up needing any help post the JB4 logs both stock and tuned in the support section.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1202)
Old

Car: 435m
Default 07-14-2014, 11:50 AM

Thanks Terry I will do so. Could the EWG be playing a part for low gains ?

435 EWG JB4,DP
(#1203)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM

Could be, or octane, or having map 5 selected on a firmware not equipped with a map 5. Logs will help narrow it down.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1204)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 07-14-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear
Map 5 is fine to run with or without race gas. Map 7 is always advised against unless race gas is being used. E85 is hard to say. I have not been having any problems with E85 and Ive got more than 5 gallons in the tank right now. If you are going to try E85, make sure and get the FF wires. No point in not having them. I never ran map 2, as Ive had the car for about a month and Terry had already released the map 5 hex file.

The EWG should benefit you if you want to use E85 and map 5. If you are a scared to try E85 and dont plan on going to map 5 then dont worry about it.

Im sure Terry will correct me if Im wrong, but this is what I have gathered so far and is strictly my opinion.
Thanks!
(#1205)
Old

Car: F30 N20
Default 07-20-2014, 04:05 PM

N20 news ?
(#1206)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 07-20-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftmb
N20 news ?
Look in N20 Thread :-)

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#1207)
Old

Car: 07 335I
Default 07-23-2014, 12:44 PM

Hi Terry,
Finally I did install the *** ans switched to HEx8.8 Map 5. I read from another member here that the JB4maps, in order to deliver the full potential needs to be primed by doing a few WOTs... done...what what a difference now... turbos spool very fast...but my exhaust sound is louder now ..oh well

with this i have 3 questions :
1- Does the smell of gas/fumes is it normal using the ***?
2- Also, For some reason the JB4 settings I had as default said G5 ISO. Now I see an options to use F10/F30 setting. Does that cause any issues ?
3- In User Adjustment settings, do you recommend using the default values with the new Hex file and *** ? my previous User adjustments are different from default..see attached.

any input will be appreciated

hopefully it stops raining here and can do some logs for oyu guys to review

2013 535i M Sport M Sport Package, Napa Leather, Multi Comfort Seats, Aluminum Interior, IND Painted reflectors (front & Back), M Performance Gloss Black Grills , M Carbon Fiber Spoiler, JB4 Stg2 , BMS Intake, Air Scoops, H&R Springs, 20"HRE Wheels, 3.75"quad exhaust and M5 rear diffuser)
(#1208)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 07-23-2014, 01:59 PM

Is anyone else seeing a weird Firmware Date in the JB4 interface when using the EWG N55 F series firmware? I see '1//25/3'.
(#1209)
Old

Default 07-23-2014, 03:11 PM

What do you mean by weird?

2015 Alpine White M4
(#1210)
Old

Default 07-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM
What do you mean by weird?
Weird as in it is not a date.. I was thinking maybe this file is being corrupted or something which would explain the issues I am having..
(#1211)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2014, 04:38 PM

The firmware "date" is just a version number.

Burger Motorsports

(#1212)
Old

Default 07-23-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz0rz
Weird as in it is not a date.. I was thinking maybe this file is being corrupted or something which would explain the issues I am having..
No... Its just a version number lol.

2015 Alpine White M4
(#1213)
Old

Car: 435i M-Sport
Default 07-24-2014, 01:50 AM

Mine is EWG 2.4 without harness @ map one. I have horrible fuel consumption now when traveling within the city. Do any of you have this problem too?

435i Msport EB, JB4, Michelin Club2, K&N filter, FTP CP, Wagner FMIC, Wagner catted DP, Rieger front spoiler, Mperformance side blade | Diffuser | Exhaust, Bilstein PSS10, 19" Morr VS8.2
(#1214)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 07-24-2014, 03:45 AM

I think my fuel consumption is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by 435ant
Mine is EWG 2.4 without harness @ map one. I have horrible fuel consumption now when traveling within the city. Do any of you have this problem too?

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#1215)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 07-24-2014, 04:08 AM

Any planned firmware updates soon?
(#1216)
Old

Car: 435i M-Sport
Default 07-24-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddy74
I think my fuel consumption is better
Thanks, are you using map1 as well? and with 2.4 hex & harness?

I KO a full tank under 300km travelling in the city with comfort mode.

435i Msport EB, JB4, Michelin Club2, K&N filter, FTP CP, Wagner FMIC, Wagner catted DP, Rieger front spoiler, Mperformance side blade | Diffuser | Exhaust, Bilstein PSS10, 19" Morr VS8.2
(#1217)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 07-24-2014, 06:33 PM

Im using Map 5 and a E30 mix !! Yes im using the EWG 2_4 EWG Firmware which is the current and most up to date on offer by Terry and the team at BMS
Quote:
Thanks, are you using map1 as well? and with 2.4 hex & harness?

I KO a full tank under 300km travelling in the city with comfort mode.

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#1218)
Old

Car: F10 530d
Default 07-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Is anybody able to show me, where to find the ewg on my F10 LCI. I looked for it several times but cant' find it!? Im very thankfull for every help i can get.

Last edited by khujo; 07-26-2014 at 07:24 AM..
(#1219)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-25-2014, 11:58 PM

Big thanks to Terry and the BMS team!!!! You always serve us Europeans very fast and the products run through customs without problems

Received the EWG for my F30 335i AT and installed it yesterday. To my big surprise I got the OEM connector out fairly easy (remove the engine cover as it gives you more room to work). All installed in less than 30 min. A lot faster now - Can't wait until I get mine d***pipes next week. I'll post a log.
Attached Images

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!
(#1220)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 07-26-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
My fuel consumption on N20 with EWG Firmware + harness is also much higher than before!

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#1221)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongen71
Big thanks to Terry and the BMS team!!!! You always serve us Europeans very fast and the products run through customs without problems

Received the EWG for my F30 335i AT and installed it yesterday. To my big surprise I got the OEM connector out fairly easy (remove the engine cover as it gives you more room to work). All installed in less than 30 min. A lot faster now - Can't wait until I get mine d***pipes next week. I'll post a log.
For logs always post the CSV file. I'm testing out a little tweak to the EWG firmware. If you're going to be logging anyway email me first and I can shoot it over. Need a couple logs on it. Thx.

Burger Motorsports

(#1222)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2014, 12:01 PM

Decided to just add the v2.6 to the first post to collect some logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#1223)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-26-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Decided to just add the v2.6 to the first post to collect some logs.
Want us to email you the logs T? Im gonna leave work in about an hour and will update and email it to you if so.
(#1224)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2014, 12:28 PM

Yes. Thx

Burger Motorsports

(#1225)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-26-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For logs always post the CSV file. I'm testing out a little tweak to the EWG firmware. If you're going to be logging anyway email me first and I can shoot it over. Need a couple logs on it. Thx.
I have 2 CSV files I'll send over tomorrow.

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!