N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: 2013 328i
Default 07-19-2014, 01:42 AM

Terry, instruction above says "320/520 owners should set "FF / Wastegate" Adaption to 0." Does it also apply to a 328/528 with an electronic wastegate?

I tried logging map 1/2 with e85 + FF wire and found out overboost up to 23-24psi. So I changed FF/Wastegate adaption from 80 to 0 and the issue seems to be resolved.
(#702)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 07-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Just ordered the stage 2 upgrade for my current Stage1 320i. Any tips/tricks on what I should have the settings at? Besides Map 5 and a 0 WG adaption setting?
(#703)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Hey guys,

Added the N20_EWG firmware to the first post. The firmware won't be overly useful until we release the N20 EWG harness add on. But I'd like to start collecting a few EWG logs on the firmware regardless so if you are EWG equipped and bored feel free to load it up and email in a log or two.

Also, updated the pneumatic wastegate firmware. The only real change is the addition of map 3 and methanol support. The EWG firmware posted also has methanol support but keep in mind for the EWG firmware the FSB blue wire must be installed on spot #9 of the USB, as the EWG harness itself connects to spot #16 on the DB25.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#704)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodNamnit
Terry, instruction above says "320/520 owners should set "FF / Wastegate" Adaption to 0." Does it also apply to a 328/528 with an electronic wastegate?

I tried logging map 1/2 with e85 + FF wire and found out overboost up to 23-24psi. So I changed FF/Wastegate adaption from 80 to 0 and the issue seems to be resolved.
EWG cars running normal firmware need the FF setting at 0 to avoid over boosting and other issues. With the special EWG firmware we just posted the FF = 0 setting is not required.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#705)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 07-19-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
EWG cars running normal firmware need the FF setting at 0 to avoid over boosting and other issues. With the special EWG firmware we just posted the FF = 0 setting is not required.
Should I load that EWG firmware on a 320i? I have the stage 2 upgrade coming for my Stage 1 kit. Would logs of a 320i stage 2 help?
(#706)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2014, 06:49 PM

Same firmware works for ewg 320 cars. No logs needed though.

Burger Motorsports

(#707)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 07-19-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Same firmware works for ewg 320 cars. No logs needed though.
Hey Terry, I thought you'd asked the ewg n20 guys for logs if running the new firmware. Confused.
(#708)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2014, 07:10 PM

Don't need any from the 320.

Burger Motorsports

(#709)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 07-19-2014, 08:04 PM

Fine.

Let me ask you a question.
I noticed that after installing a dcat d0wnpipe my car is able to build boost over the target. I though that was the reason the throttle closes eventually and it'd be solved after installing the ewg harness. However many N55 guys are reporting this very same issue (throttle closure) even with the ewg control. Why is that?
(#710)
Old

Car: 08 335i coupe
Default 07-19-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Don't need any from the 320.
I have a 2014 320i with the jb4 and flex fuel wires. Drives amazing. Has anyone tried adding e85 mix to a 320i? what percentage? how did your logs look? Can you even do this safely?

Terry what do you think?
(#711)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Fine.

Let me ask you a question.
I noticed that after installing a dcat d0wnpipe my car is able to build boost over the target. I though that was the reason the throttle closes eventually and it'd be solved after installing the ewg harness. However many N55 guys are reporting this very same issue (throttle closure) even with the ewg control. Why is that?
Throttle is used in conjunction with duty cycle to maintain torque on target. If boost is over boost target then torque is over torque target and throttle has to close to make up the difference reducing torque.

If you do not have EWG control then there is no mechanism for the JB4 to "correct" the duty cycle part of the equation and thus you'd need more throttle closure to maintain torque. With EWG control we can better split it between the two. Too much throttle closure or too much duty cycle reduction both have draw backs. It's best to use a balanced approach as the OEM tuning does.

Burger Motorsports

(#712)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 07-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Hi Terry.

Nice to see an uploaded EWG Firmware for N20 users! :-)
Because there is no N20 ewg harness to buy, i build one on my own.
Did you think its better running the ewg firmware with or without the harness?
Or will ewg firmware not work properly without harness?

Did you need some logs? N20, 328xi, c@tless d0wnpipe, ff wires, 100ron, occ

What did you think about running map 7 with my setup?

Will ewg firmware work with e85?

Soo many questions :-D

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#713)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuMMiBaEr
Hi Terry.

Nice to see an uploaded EWG Firmware for N20 users! :-)
Because there is no N20 ewg harness to buy, i build one on my own.
Did you think its better running the ewg firmware with or without the harness?
Or will ewg firmware not work properly without harness?

Did you need some logs? N20, 328xi, c@tless d0wnpipe, ff wires, 100ron, occ

What did you think about running map 7 with my setup?

Will ewg firmware work with e85?

Soo many questions :-D
If you are an EWG car use the EWG firmware regardless so its ready to go when the harness is released. I don't think you can make your own, at least not easily! The N55 EWG harness is a different connector that won't fit.

Burger Motorsports

(#714)
Old

Default 07-20-2014, 12:37 PM

Ok.
Already flashed the new firmware and used my harness.
It seems to work, and no failure pops up.
- Upload new firmware
- The purple wire to #9 on the DB25 connector
- The blue wire to #16 on the DB25 connector
- Set pid gain to 12
- N20 Wastegate control uses different pin at waste gate (if n55 uses pin 2 its pin 4 on n20)

Did i do something wrong?

What do you think about e85 with ewg control + ewg firmware?

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#715)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Email in a log and we can check out what you have going there.

Burger Motorsports

(#716)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 07-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry
why can not I set the value to 23?
(#717)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2014, 03:19 PM

You need to first select "N20" under settings drop down.

Burger Motorsports

(#718)
Old

Car: F30
Default 07-20-2014, 09:41 PM

Hi Terry,

What is the value of FF wastegate adaption and open fuel loop on a 320 after upgraded the EWG firmware and will i need to change the value again after harness release?
(#719)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 07-21-2014, 02:13 AM

thanks
(#720)
Old

Car: F30 N20
Default 07-21-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooleung
Hi Terry,

What is the value of FF wastegate adaption and open fuel loop on a 320 after upgraded the EWG firmware and will i need to change the value again after harness release?
Same question?
(#721)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooleung
Hi Terry,

FF = 0, open loop 50.

Yes when adding the EWG harness FF will change to some other number that we'll post when we release the harness.

Burger Motorsports

(#722)
Old

Default 07-21-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
FF = 0, open loop 50.

Yes when adding the EWG harness FF will change to some other number that we'll post when we release the harness.
Terry, i will do some logs with my harness.
Please give me info which values to set!

Thank you!

(#723)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2014, 09:37 AM

You would need to email me for that as we've not shipped more than 1 or 2 N20 EWG harnesses.

Burger Motorsports

(#724)
Old

Default 07-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
You would need to email me for that as we've not shipped more than 1 or 2 N20 EWG harnesses.
Hi Terry
I send my logs to jon, with (i hope so) every information you need.

Pleasy look at my logs and give some advice, what to optimize :-D

Thanks!

(#725)
Old

Car: BMW F30 320i ActiveFlex
Default 07-21-2014, 07:08 PM

320i activeflex (Brazil) fuel: 100% ethanol....intake Afe....DP....eletronic WG...ff wire
log with new firmware jb4_Fseries_EWG2
Map 5
Attached Images