N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default N55 HPFP upgrade - 06-02-2018, 05:39 AM

Check it out.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1501737

Any input from BMS regarding BEF down the road to support this modification or input in general if they have tried it or know of anyone who has tried it would be good to hear.

Happy Saturday

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Most likely will be an option via MHD for that. If not, I'm sure we'll eventually get to one that will need our assistance and Terry will start on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: N55 2012 335i M-Sport Coupe
Default 06-02-2018, 12:34 PM

I’m going to be using one on my current build. Already have Wedge making a BEF for it and Terry is helping me on the JB4 side. Ken at wedge just did one on an M235i. Looking very promising.

2012 E92 335i
SpeedTech Stg3 EFR-8374, Wedge/MHD, BMS CAI OCC & CP, PSP 900 IC, HKS Legamax, PR N55 Coils, Fuel-It Bucketless Stg3, TTFS HPFP and EOS PI manifold, Fuel-It lines and E-Sensor
1998 E36 M3 Sedan
(#4)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 06-02-2018, 05:04 PM

Thats a big price for a small part. I think I'd rather use port injection for half as much.

Then again, High pressure pumps have always been stupid expensive, even the stock one.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#5)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Thats a big price for a small part. I think I'd rather use port injection for half as much.

Then again, High pressure pumps have always been stupid expensive, even the stock one.
Itís not that much more when you consider how much safer it is in a fuel cut situation. I think the extra $1000 is well worth it.

2012 E92 335i
SpeedTech Stg3 EFR-8374, Wedge/MHD, BMS CAI OCC & CP, PSP 900 IC, HKS Legamax, PR N55 Coils, Fuel-It Bucketless Stg3, TTFS HPFP and EOS PI manifold, Fuel-It lines and E-Sensor
1998 E36 M3 Sedan
(#6)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Factor in the cost of a PI controller and it’s not even $1000 difference.

2012 E92 335i
1998 E36 M3 Sedan
(#7)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 06:53 PM

2250$

this thing should cost 800 - 900 $ max
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
2250$

this thing should cost 800 - 900 $ max
Dang! That is pretty expensive, I'll stick with PI lol.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 06-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Would be interested in seeing a cost comparison break down of a full PI system (controller, tuning, install time, etc) Vs. a full single pump HPFP system upgrade. I bet it's pretty close.

This would have a lot less points of failure I would think too.
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-04-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
Would be interested in seeing a cost comparison break down of a full PI system (controller, tuning, install time, etc) Vs. a full single pump HPFP system upgrade. I bet it's pretty close.

This would have a lot less points of failure I would think too.
It will take some time to see what is the next weak point. Who knows, maybe after a couple thousand miles the injectors can't handle all that flow.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 06-04-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
It will take some time to see what is the next weak point. Who knows, maybe after a couple thousand miles the injectors can't handle all that flow.
from what i know if u upgrade the hpfp u should upgrade the injectors specially for E85.

imagine if they include the injectors, maybe the price will be same as a big single turbo kit
(#12)
Old

Default 06-05-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
From realoem.com, it looks to me like the same injectors are used across all the DI motors, including the S55...

rwalker@rwalker.com (I really dislike private messaging)