N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 435i x drive
Default Meth? - 05-20-2018, 11:01 PM

Currently driving a 2014 435i FBO. Jb4 BEF daily e30 mix.

Thinking about running meth for the weekends and a map without meth spraying for daily driving .

The reason why I want to run meth is because during WOT the BEF is targeting 18-20 psi which causes my HPFP to crash (limp mode) but before the limp mode the car pulls like a beast.

To my understanding meth is high maintenance but I donít mind it .
My question is after installing and running meth . What should I be looking out for ? Anything I need to know ? Also should I be doing a 50/50 mix ?
(#2)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 05-20-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred123
Currently driving a 2014 435i FBO. Jb4 BEF daily e30 mix.

Thinking about running meth for the weekends and a map without meth spraying for daily driving .

The reason why I want to run meth is because during WOT the BEF is targeting 18-20 psi which causes my HPFP to crash (limp mode) but before the limp mode the car pulls like a beast.

To my understanding meth is high maintenance but I donít mind it .
My question is after installing and running meth . What should I be looking out for ? Anything I need to know ? Also should I be doing a 50/50 mix ?
Meth is awesome.
50/50 is fine in my opinion.
I dont find it much of a job as far as maintenance goes, just a little fill up now and then.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2018, 02:52 PM

Just keep checking the tank once every few days if you get a 1 gallon. Other than that there's really not maintenance other than cleaning the filter maybe once every couple months or so if that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 05-21-2018, 03:27 PM

Methanol injection is not high maintenance. I recommend you spray daily. more octane, cooling/protection against detonation, helps fight against carbon build up. if your after octane increase this will defiantly help. I personally run 100% on my daily to help combat California's poor fuel and my performance requirements. You will hear various opinions on what blend to run, just run what you feel comfortable with.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-21-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstcars
Methanol injection is not high maintenance. I recommend you spray daily. more octane, cooling/protection against detonation, helps fight against carbon build up. if your after octane increase this will defiantly help. I personally run 100% on my daily to help combat California's poor fuel and my performance requirements. You will hear various opinions on what blend to run, just run what you feel comfortable with.
Agreed and welcome! Nice informative first post, CA 91 is horrible and with methanol it makes the world of difference.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 05-22-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Just keep checking the tank once every few days if you get a 1 gallon. Other than that there's really not maintenance other than cleaning the filter maybe once every couple months or so if that.
Quote:
Couldn't agree more with these two posts. I've been running DPMI in my M2 for the last year or so, I've run regular old charge-pipe meth injection in my previous cars as well. Long story short, maintenance is very little. I check the tank every time I fill up with gas / every couple days if I've been hard on the throttle and just top up as necessary.

I've experimented with a few mixes and don't really notice too much of a difference whether its 50/50 Meth/Water or 80/20. Just keep it consistent and you'll be good to go
(#7)
Old

Car: 2014 435i x drive
Default 05-23-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
Couldn't agree more with these two posts. I've been running DPMI in my M2 for the last year or so, I've run regular old charge-pipe meth injection in my previous cars as well. Long story short, maintenance is very little. I check the tank every time I fill up with gas / every couple days if I've been hard on the throttle and just top up as necessary.

I've experimented with a few mixes and don't really notice too much of a difference whether its 50/50 Meth/Water or 80/20. Just keep it consistent and you'll be good to go
Got it ! Appreciate all your replies . But you guys havenít heard anything about the horror stories that go with meth ? People catching their cars on fire etc.

I remember seeing something about checking for bubbles that may affect the flow?
(#8)
Old

Default 05-23-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred123
Got it ! Appreciate all your replies . But you guys havenít heard anything about the horror stories that go with meth ? People catching their cars on fire etc.

I remember seeing something about checking for bubbles that may affect the flow?

I've heard horror stories about people eating sushi and dying due to a rare parasitic worm in one of the fish.. Doesn't stop me from eating Sushi. You can basically google anything and read some sort of "horror story"

Methanol injection when installed and set up properly should provide years of trouble free use. If you don't feel comfortable with the set up because of something you read online, maybe WMI isn't for you.
(#9)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 05-23-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I've heard horror stories about people eating sushi and dying due to a rare parasitic worm in one of the fish.. Doesn't stop me from eating Sushi. You can basically google anything and read some sort of "horror story"

Methanol injection when installed and set up properly should provide years of trouble free use. If you don't feel comfortable with the set up because of something you read online, maybe WMI isn't for you.
I agree with this. Always test your system by purging it thoroughly and verifying there are absolutely no leaks. If you run your methanol line in a sheath and run it in a way that it touches no part that gets hot, then you'll be perfectly fine. This is just common sense and really shouldn't be said. It's also not a very difficult task to complete.

If you're careless, bad things will happen
(#10)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 10:00 AM

Agreed just use common sense. Done check your methanol tank level at night by holding a lighter over it.

I ended up spending the extra money on stainless line and have no regrets. The plastic lines and compression fittings will work if set up right. I found myself getting leaks here and there from too loose or over tightening the compression fittings.

I ended up going with stainless lines with an fittings.

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwilson125
Agreed just use common sense. Done check your methanol tank level at night by holding a lighter over it.

I ended up spending the extra money on stainless line and have no regrets. The plastic lines and compression fittings will work if set up right. I found myself getting leaks here and there from too loose or over tightening the compression fittings.

I ended up going with stainless lines with an fittings.

I'm running 100% methanol injection wanting to upgrade to AN fittings with steel braided lines. where did you buy your hose/fittings from?
(#12)
Old

Car: 2013 535i
Default 06-11-2018, 06:47 PM

I'm running 100% meth on my PS2 car to combat any fuel system problems. Best $600 you'll EVER spend on these cars.

I'd run 93 and no meth, but 16 psi feels LAME compared to 23

I'm running a STOCK fuel system on 40% E85, 60% 93 octane with zero problems. HPFP is consistently in the 11-13 range and AFR is mid 12s at full go at 23 PSI boost.

2016 BMW M3
Silverstone II Metallic, Sakhir Orange Interior, JB4.

SOLD 2008 BMW M3
Off-road Pip3s, Corsa, Halo Headlights, ESS Tune

SOLD 2013 535i M-Sport
Pure Stage 2 Turbo @ 22 PSI | VRSF Ca+Less D0wnPipe | ER Aluminum Chargepipe| Custom Exhaust| GFB DV+ | Upgraded F10 Turbo Inlet | N20 3.5 Bar TMAP | 40% E85/93 Octane Blend | BMS FSB Meth Kit w/100% Methanol Injection | Trebila BEF | JB4 with PWG ISO Firmware | BMS Intake | Stock Fuel System
(#13)
Old

Default 06-11-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I'm running 100% methanol injection wanting to upgrade to AN fittings with steel braided lines. where did you buy your hose/fittings from?
I got mine from devil's own. I just pulled apart my system to check it out because it seemed like I was going through methanol more slowly.

Turns out one of the hose ends had failed and allowed rust into the line which started to clog the nozzles.

DO customer service was great and their products seemed like it was high quality. Not sure if I end up getting a fluke?

Anyways I replaced the small.section of hose and I'm good to go now.

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.
(#14)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 06-12-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwilson125
I got mine from devil's own. I just pulled apart my system to check it out because it seemed like I was going through methanol more slowly.

Turns out one of the hose ends had failed and allowed rust into the line which started to clog the nozzles.

DO customer service was great and their products seemed like it was high quality. Not sure if I end up getting a fluke?

Anyways I replaced the small.section of hose and I'm good to go now.
I was thinking of buying the stealth tank, FSB and pump from BMS and then going with DO stainless lines and an fittings. Is this similar to what you or anyone has done as well?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-12-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
I was thinking of buying the stealth tank, FSB and pump from BMS and then going with DO stainless lines and an fittings. Is this similar to what you or anyone has done as well?
We have a few customers that have done that, easier to route the plastic meth line in the car then after the solenoid a SS line is nice.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: 2013 535i
Default 06-12-2018, 01:54 PM

I used all the plastic lines from BMS. The only connections are at the pump and at the solenoid and nozzle, so there’s no worrying about anything leaking inside the car

2016 BMW M3
Silverstone II Metallic, Sakhir Orange Interior, JB4.

SOLD 2008 BMW M3
Off-road Pip3s, Corsa, Halo Headlights, ESS Tune

SOLD 2013 535i M-Sport
Pure Stage 2 Turbo @ 22 PSI | VRSF Ca+Less D0wnPipe | ER Aluminum Chargepipe| Custom Exhaust| GFB DV+ | Upgraded F10 Turbo Inlet | N20 3.5 Bar TMAP | 40% E85/93 Octane Blend | BMS FSB Meth Kit w/100% Methanol Injection | Trebila BEF | JB4 with PWG ISO Firmware | BMS Intake | Stock Fuel System
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-12-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraest
I used all the plastic lines from BMS. The only connections are at the pump and at the solenoid and nozzle, so thereís no worrying about anything leaking inside the car
Yup, that's the best way to do it IMO.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 06-12-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraest
I used all the plastic lines from BMS. The only connections are at the pump and at the solenoid and nozzle, so thereís no worrying about anything leaking inside the car
that what i did, and a little permatex thread sealant, no leaks in my system.

I have the universal 2G tank, i check it once in a while....I run 100% meth on stock turbos at 22psi.

2011 335is - Alpine White on Red - JB4+Trebila BEF l BMS DCI l Mishimoto IC l BMS OCC l Phoenix CP l BWS WMI 100% CM5+CM10 l Turbosmart Plumb Backs l N54tech Dpipes