N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2021, 08:07 AM

Far enough along I figured we'd post a dyno chart. Still working through a few aspects of the tuning but the potential for solid gains, even on lower grade fuel, is there. The development car is 100% factory running 91 octane. Amazing what a few pounds of boost can do.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: BP turbo hatch
Default 04-23-2021, 10:20 AM

Awesome, cannot wait for the hardware drop.
(#78)
Old

Car: 2020 CX-5 2.5T
Default 04-24-2021, 05:13 PM

Love it!!! Can’t wait to see what she’ll do on 93 octane
(#79)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 AWD Turbo
Default 04-25-2021, 04:33 AM

Very nice!

When you look at the numbers, it's only 28hp more, but when you look at the graph it's way more impressive since the power carries at higher in rpm, im sure it pulls way harder up top!
(#80)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 04-25-2021, 08:28 AM

Nice....
Very rich AFR. Definitely can pick up a few ponies if fuel is pulled out.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#81)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 04-25-2021, 09:31 AM

Subscribed and encouraged.
This looks like it could be a lot of fun on my de-badged sleeper Turbo sedan.

Curious what outstanding items still need to be addressed for this to move from Alpha to Beta status?
(#82)
Old

Car: 2020 CX-5 2.5T
Default 04-25-2021, 12:43 PM

I want map2
(#83)
Old

Car: 2019 Cx5 2.5 Turbo
Default 04-25-2021, 05:32 PM

Registered and subscribed to show support! I can’t wait for this!
(#84)
Old

Car: Mazda6
Smile Very promisising results - 04-26-2021, 06:09 AM

Looking forward for 93 octane and potential e87 runs as well. Looking at the dyno graph this may fix so of the top-end power loss issues this engine faces stock. How many different maps are we looking at? Will this MAF sensor be a part provided to us to buy or will we have to ghetto our own?
(#85)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 turbo hatch
Default 04-26-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Did a few JB4 Mazda3 test runs today just to see where it's at. Car is still 100% factory running pump fuel. Also did a couple factory runs after for comparison as conditions change from day to day, etc.

Overall decent gains with mild tuning but less than we're shooting for. I'm finding it's easy to add torque (I can blow the tires off the line now), but something is holding back the power gains. Is it a small factory turbo? Perhaps the intake? We'll start poking around to see what we can find. Should have the AWD dyno up in a couple more weeks to really dig in to this.
Terry - awesome progress and excited to see where this goes. Is this 0-60 result based off the map2 tune from your dyno result? Looks like you were able to add a ton of torque early on, has that caused any drivability issues with wheel spin? Keep up the good work!
(#86)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad
Terry - awesome progress and excited to see where this goes. Is this 0-60 result based off the map2 tune from your dyno result? Looks like you were able to add a ton of torque early on, has that caused any drivability issues with wheel spin? Keep up the good work!
Have not re-timed it with the latest changes. Will do in the near future!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#87)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 04-30-2021, 09:46 AM

Are you going to be doing anything in terms of transmission tuning? firmer shifting, different shift points etc.
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowMazda
Are you going to be doing anything in terms of transmission tuning? firmer shifting, different shift points etc.
No that isn't something we can change or do with our current hardware.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-9
Default 05-01-2021, 03:07 AM

Registered and looking forward to this development!
(#90)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 05-01-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
No that isn't something we can change or do with our current hardware.
Gotcha, either way lookin forward to seeing what your able to get out of this car and being able to get my hands on a jb4 for it
(#91)
Old

Car: 2019 Cx5 2.5 Turbo
Default 05-01-2021, 10:25 AM

Hopefully the jb4 will come with some low key, white jb4 and/or bms decals (1” x 6”-7” ��)
(#92)
Old

Default Questions - 05-01-2021, 11:38 AM

Does this map fix the problem of lowering of boost at higher RPMs(4500Rpm and above)? After 4500 or 5000k rpm the engine feels like it loses power and from what I can tell the boost lowers from about 16 psi to 10 psi and lower as the RPMs rise

How many different maps will there be?
(#93)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-9
Default 05-03-2021, 10:13 AM

Will this tune also work on the CX-30 once it’s fully commercialized seeing that it shares the same power train with the 3? I would think so but maybe there’s something I’m overlooking.
(#94)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Default 05-03-2021, 03:15 PM

+1 monitoring. Just bought my CX-5 Turbo last week. Super excited for this!
(#95)
Old

Smile 05-03-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly77
Will this tune also work on the CX-30 once itís fully commercialized seeing that it shares the same power train with the 3? I would think so but maybe thereís something Iím overlooking.
I wouldn't see why not. The Mazda3 and CX30 are mostly identical engine and transmission-wise.
(#96)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 05-04-2021, 05:28 AM

I believe the plan is to eventually make this available to all Mazda models with the 2.5 turbo. However; I believe the Mazda 3 turbo is unique as it utilizes a water to air intercooler instead of the more common air-air intercooler. There may also be some differences in the airflow sensors between the various models.
(#97)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-9
Default 05-04-2021, 05:59 AM

I’ll most likely will get a 3 in about a year so I’ve been doing my homework in preparation. Meanwhile my wife and I bought a ‘21 CX-9 a few weeks back and if I could sneak this in there that’s like be pretty cool. “The car feels different honey, did you do something” “I don’t know what you’re talking about”.
(#98)
Old

Smile 05-04-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2
I believe the plan is to eventually make this available to all Mazda models with the 2.5 turbos. However; I believe the Mazda 3 turbo is unique as it utilizes a water-to-air intercooler instead of the more common air-air intercooler. There may also be some differences in the airflow sensors between the various models.
That must be why the 2021 engine models for all Mazdas make 320 torque on premium instead of 310. I believe that Mazda untunes its engines from their full capacity for reliability. Take for example the 2.5t in the Kia k5 and sonata N-line. It makes almost 300 horsepower. I feel like that is what this engine should be making. But it is a totally different engine so I know it is made differently. But still, 250 horsepower on premium and 227 on regular is a little lacking for a 2.5-liter turbo. Orangevirus said that the added heat from added boost is negligible as long as the car is maintained regularly with oil and other things. I don't really know much about tunes and engines so these are just my guesses.
(#99)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6 Driver
I wouldn't see why not. The Mazda3 and CX30 are mostly identical engine and transmission-wise.
We expect all the CX units will use one version of the JB4 while the Mazda3 variants will use another.

Could use a couple more CX test cars to start to collect more data on them...

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 2.5T
Default 05-04-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
We expect all the CX units will use one version of the JB4 while the Mazda3 variants will use another.

Could use a couple more CX test cars to start to collect more data on them...
Do you have any 6 testers? I'm only reading about the 3 and CX. Extremely interested in this tune on my 2020 6.