N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboi10
I installed the jb4 last week along with the mishimoto cold air intake and charge pipe and it has run smoothly until today when I tried adding a little bit of e85 to some 91 octane and running map 3. Now all maps missfire including map 0. Did I add too much e85 or something. I will attach some logs
Update to the BETA firmware and grab a log on map0 and map1, you can set the app to combine logs it's easier for us to view that way.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#202)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default 06-16-2020, 12:21 PM

Here you go sir, the Jeep has started misfiring less on map 0 than before. Also how far off are we from running meth injection on a Jeep 2.0t?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P69_M1_R2_200616_1408.csv (80.4 KB, 50 views)
(#203)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboi10
Here you go sir, the Jeep has started misfiring less on map 0 than before. Also how far off are we from running meth injection on a Jeep 2.0t?
If you were getting misfires should have fault codes to go with them. If it's simple stuttering maybe just need to tighten up the plug gap?

We have Jeep customers running WMI now, the JB4 firmware fully supports it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#204)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Default 06-16-2020, 04:32 PM

Would you recommend just going ahead and tightening the gap, or just run colder plugs to see if that fixes the problem? I don’t know if that’ll help since it seems to happen almost exclusively on the 1-2, 2-3 shift. On the fly it feels fine.
(#205)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 05:23 PM

It depends what the issue is. If the issue is boost dropping as some of you have shown in logs then no, plugs won't fix that. If issue is stuttering and spark blow out with boost normal. Then yes it might.

Burger Motorsports

(#206)
Old
oceanblue2019

Car: Jeep JL
Default WMI? - 06-17-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you were getting misfires should have fault codes to go with them. If it's simple stuttering maybe just need to tighten up the plug gap?

We have Jeep customers running WMI now, the JB4 firmware fully supports it.
Hi Terry - by WMI do you mean customers on the Jeep running water/methanol injection? If so can you give more details on the setup.
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2020, 10:57 AM

The JB4 supports it but you'd have to drill/tap the chargepipe for the nozzle. Not something we have any info on other than the tuning side. Our WMI kits are all fully compatible of course.

Burger Motorsports

(#208)
Old

Default 06-17-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
The JB4 supports it but you'd have to drill/tap the chargepipe for the nozzle. Not something we have any info on other than the tuning side. Our WMI kits are all fully compatible of course.
Just thought Iíd mention that I refilled my Jeep with just 91 today and everything works fine again. Maybe itís the e85 I was using or something weird like that. Also I am very interested in running just e85 and wmi. How would I go about running wmi and getting it set up with my jb4 and everything. Thank you
(#209)
Old

Car: Jeep rubicon
Default 06-18-2020, 07:39 PM

What gauges are you guys using it monitoring with the app? Thanks.
(#210)
Old

Default 06-19-2020, 05:11 PM

Once everything is ironed out, I’ll use boost, afr, trims, iat, Avg ign, map. When I was setting up the pedal tuner I had pedal and throttle on the display. While we’re still getting everything sorted with the maps, I’m also looking at target boost and ecu boost. Mph, rpm, and water temp are on the stock gauges In front of you so I don’t see a point to putting them on the jb4 display.
(#211)
Old

Default 06-19-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburns
Once everything is ironed out, Iíll use boost, afr, trims, iat, Avg ign, map. When I was setting up the pedal tuner I had pedal and throttle on the display. While weíre still getting everything sorted with the maps, Iím also looking at target boost and ecu boost. Mph, rpm, and water temp are on the stock gauges In front of you so I donít see a point to putting them on the jb4 display.
Awesome. Thanks. Will try your settings
(#212)
Old

Default 06-21-2020, 07:14 AM

I installed a Mishimoto cai on the Jeep this weekend and did some more testing. Map 1 seems to run pretty good, no hesitations. Map 2 continues to be an issue, but only with full throttle standing starts. If I roll into the throttle from a stop, it seems fine.
(#213)
Old

Car: 2019 JLUR 2.0T
Default 06-27-2020, 02:30 PM

Hi

Just got the BMS WMI controller, im planing to use my Snow Performance pump, solenoid and nozzle.
My setup is Mishimoto IC pipe and a DV+
I'm running 98RON exclusively
What is the best configuration to start with?
Which map the WMI is enabled?
Anyone have expriance with WMI on 2.0 JEEP?

Thanks
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2020, 09:52 AM

It's still new but as for the wiring:

FSB orange to 3, FSB blue to 6, set meth scaling = 60, meth additive = 40, meth trigger = 1 (user adjustment page), which has meth flow on all maps to start. And then log map1 or map2 so we can confirm meth is flowing properly before getting in to the progressive mapping and safety.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Default 06-28-2020, 11:36 AM

I tried to prime the system and nothing happened, how can i tell the FSB is working? Do i need to enable it somehow?
(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabiyaniv
I tried to prime the system and nothing happened, how can i tell the FSB is working? Do i need to enable it somehow?
Need latest firmware and to be on the WMI map 7 to test purge.

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old

Default 06-28-2020, 01:36 PM

That worked, i flash the JEEP3 firmware and it did prime on map 7
Thanks

Will post some logs as soon as i figure connectivity issue
(#218)
Old

Car: 2020 Crystal Granite JLUR Recon Edition
Default 06-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Hi,

I got the JB4 about a week ago. I have the mobile app and bluetooth connection, and everything was running smoothly. Two days ago, I got in an accident which resulted in me damaging my right front fender, popping my front right tire, and possibly messing up the suspension. In addition, I have a CEL. Might this be related to JB4? Should I remove? Is there any quick fix? I'm not taking it to the dealer (3rd party repair shop), but I don't want to mess up my warranty (it's a 2020).
(#219)
Old

Default 06-29-2020, 02:59 PM

Does the jb4 work with the tazer mini?
(#220)
Old

Default 06-29-2020, 03:07 PM

Yes it does. I have both now.
(#221)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrdch
Hi,

I got the JB4 about a week ago. I have the mobile app and bluetooth connection, and everything was running smoothly. Two days ago, I got in an accident which resulted in me damaging my right front fender, popping my front right tire, and possibly messing up the suspension. In addition, I have a CEL. Might this be related to JB4? Should I remove? Is there any quick fix? I'm not taking it to the dealer (3rd party repair shop), but I don't want to mess up my warranty (it's a 2020).
You just need to read the code.

Burger Motorsports

(#222)
Old

Car: 2020 Crystal Granite JLUR Recon Edition
Default 06-29-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You just need to read the code.

Hey. I'm a bit of a novice at all this stuff. The codes are 2174 and 0703. I've changed to Map 1 and restarted, and read and deleted codes but CEL always appears on startup. I haven't been able to drive the car because of the accident so it hasn't been on much. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for the response.
(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrdch
Hey. I'm a bit of a novice at all this stuff. The codes are 2174 and 0703. I've changed to Map 1 and restarted, and read and deleted codes but CEL always appears on startup. I haven't been able to drive the car because of the accident so it hasn't been on much. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for the response.
Something with the throttle actuator, I'm not sure if it might be JB4 related. I'd just pop off the JB4 until you know the car itself is 100%.

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 01:54 PM

Are you using an obd2 splitter?
(#225)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 07-01-2020, 07:52 AM

Just noticed everytime I jump back in my Jeep it defaults back to map 0 instead of the map 1 from the last time I was in it? It didn’t do that on the previous 3 jb4 vehicles?