N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
Just noticed everytime I jump back in my Jeep it defaults back to map 0 instead of the map 1 from the last time I was in it? It didnít do that on the previous 3 jb4 vehicles?
Shouldn't be, maybe a bug with your app? Next time record a log without changing the map and lets see what the log data shows.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#227)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default 07-01-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniechin
Yes it does. I have both now.
How are you using both? Are you using an obd2 splitter
(#228)
Old

Car: Jeep rubicon
Default 07-01-2020, 01:19 PM

Tazer mini does not use the OBD2 port. The JL does but mini does not.
(#229)
Old

Car: 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Default 07-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburns
I wonder if the exhaust is causing the boost to spike because the turbo spools quicker, so itís cutting the power? I never wouldíve thought that could happen from just a catback, but thatís the only thing you changed and now the same issue arises. Although, there are others that have the same problem and are totally stock, tune only.
Not sure if this issue has been resolved but I posted earlier in this thread with similar issues (cutting power when turbo spoils). My ECU vs actual boost is off quite a bit when turbo first spools. Seems to over shoot then settle back. It began when I installed Offroad ******** and 3Ē catback so I have little backpressure.
(#230)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Rubicon
Default 07-13-2020, 11:40 AM

Following Up. Has there been any progress with the hard acceleration reduced power on Map 1 or Map 2? Kind of sick of using Map 6 with minimal power boost when I paid for "Power gains of up to 40hp to the wheels on a stock vehicle". This same chip worked fine on my 2019 2.0T Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Now my 2020 Rubicon cant handle it. Any updates???
(#231)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 03:18 PM

Development is always ongoing, but the lock down has prevented us from doing the in person R&D we'd like to do. We'll certainly get there at some point!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#232)
Old

Default 07-16-2020, 07:30 AM

My 2.0t JL threw a rod last Tuesday, I haven’t had time to post, but it shot through the bottom of the engine and through the oil pan. I also had a mishimoto cai and chargepipe installed. It got towed to the dealer and I wasn’t able to uninstall my jb4 in the meantime. Do you think my warranty will still cover the motor?
(#233)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2020, 09:03 AM

Very sorry to hear that, first I've heard of a rod throwing. If it was a tuning issue like detonation you'd usually crack a piston so a rod is generally too much torque, too much RPM, or a factory defect.

On coverage very little chance if you left any mods on the car as dealers tend to blame for anything that comes up if they see them.

Burger Motorsports

(#234)
Old

Default 07-17-2020, 02:28 PM

The dealer said that they are sending pictures into Chrysler to see if warranty will cover it, so who knows. When I got my car towed I just thought the oil cover fell off or something because I had gotten the oil changed like a week before. I also wasn’t pushing the car super hard or anything when the rod blew, I was just driving normally.
(#235)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2020, 03:04 PM

I've seen situations with rod knock come up after an oil change if the dealership was stupid enough to start it without oil. That sometimes actually happens! Hope it didn't in your case.

Burger Motorsports

(#236)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Default 07-19-2020, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboi10
The dealer said that they are sending pictures into Chrysler to see if warranty will cover it, so who knows. When I got my car towed I just thought the oil cover fell off or something because I had gotten the oil changed like a week before. I also wasnít pushing the car super hard or anything when the rod blew, I was just driving normally.
That is very concerning. Looks like Iím either back to map 0 or going to remove it all together. Itís possible that you cracked a ringland or other part of the piston at some point that caused instability in the bore, and it just let go during normal driving.
(#237)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2020, 08:54 AM

There is a Jeep dealer across the street from our office and I see it's often full of broken cars. I doubt any of them are modified. Most likely the hardware failure isn't tuning or power related.

Burger Motorsports

(#238)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Default 07-19-2020, 09:02 AM

It’s possible I suppose, but I’d bet that warranty is gone. I haven’t seen any other instances of blown motors on the Jeep forums. My Cadillac ATS had a similar issue with cracked ring lands and holes in the #3 piston that they fixed under warranty, so who knows.
(#239)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2020, 11:18 AM

We tuned hundreds of alfas with same engine with no reports of any mechanical issues coming up either. But stuff breaks. Never take a modified car to the dealer though.

Burger Motorsports

(#240)
Old

Car: 2018 Wrangler JL 2.0 and 2019 VW R
Default Initial Impressions - 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM

I was able to install the JB4 and bluetooth module without any issues yesterday.

Bluetooth connection seemed to be stable and got logs yesterday with Map1 and this morning with Map2. So far, no issues with hesitation or wheel spinning in Map2 with 91 octane (highest I can get in my area of Colorado without really hunting for 93). Butt dyno feels a little faster. Outside of the JB4, completely stock setup. Will be ordering a Dragy to track times.

Wanted to post the logs to help share and learn (I'm not sure what I'm looking at).

One question I have: should I be able to see IAT and Gear in the app? If so, doesn't look like anything is registering in the app or logs.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P69_M1_R1_200723_1711.csv (324.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: csv P69_M1_R5_200724_0810.csv (369.6 KB, 37 views)
(#241)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2020, 10:38 AM

Runs look normal to me. IAT and gear are not active logging channels yet.

Second log has normal WOT data showing. First log has only partial throttle data.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#242)
Old

Car: 2018 Wrangler JL 2.0 and 2019 VW R
Default 07-24-2020, 10:47 AM

Awesome. Thanks Terry. I'll get Map1 at WOT and also try Map3.

Also have a 2019 VW R that I'm installing a JB4 in and will post those to that forum. Thanks for the great work!
(#243)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2020, 11:14 AM

Sounds good, for the VAG stuff email george@burgertuning.com for assistance if needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#244)
Old

Default 08-05-2020, 07:20 PM

@Terry,

Any issues with these logs?

Car did NOT shift at red line and shifted "soft" and seemed early.

It appeared as though it struggled to get more RPM.

Mods are GFB Diverter Valve on Mishimoto Intercooler Pipe
Stock Air box and stock exhaust.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Vinnie
Attached Files
File Type: csv P69_M2_R2_200805_2200.csv (26.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv P69_M2_R1_200610_0819.csv (71.3 KB, 32 views)
(#245)
Old

Default Log review in above post - 08-05-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds good, for the VAG stuff email george@burgertuning.com for assistance if needed.
Apologize in advance if I did not log properly and "combine logs" as you like. I am not familar on how to do that although when I tried, it appears its says combined for 1 hour.

I appreciate the review of the logs, I forgot to mention, I am on 93 Octane in the northeast.

Thanks,
Vinnie
(#246)
Old

Default 08-05-2020, 07:42 PM

Looks like one of the logs didn't do so well. LOL Sorry.
(#247)
Old

Default 08-07-2020, 08:06 AM

Who can we send logs to for review?

Thanks all.

Vinnie
(#248)
Old

Car: Jeep JL
Default 08-20-2020, 06:37 PM

Hi

I have the JB4 in my Jeep 2.0l for about 3 months no issues. I only have the mishomoto intake manifold besides the JB4. Stock CAI. I’m getting a CEL for P00EB, this is the 3rd time I get it now. I unplugged and replug the CAI temp sensor but still got the same code.

I got the code when I was driving from NC to Florida. Like 20mins away from home. Deleted the code.

Didn’t come up until a week. It came up right after starting the engine. After a 10min drive. Deleted again.

And came back today. Right after starting the engine. After a 10min drive

What could it be? I’m running map 1.

I live in Florida temp is 92 deg

Engine log on next post.

Last edited by Engmoreau; 08-20-2020 at 07:23 PM..
(#249)
Old

Car: Jeep JL
Default 08-20-2020, 07:21 PM

Ok got the attachment figured out.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P69_M1_R1_200820_2020 2.csv (10.7 KB, 24 views)
(#250)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engmoreau
Hi

I have the JB4 in my Jeep 2.0l for about 3 months no issues. I only have the mishomoto intake manifold besides the JB4. Stock CAI. Iím getting a CEL for P00EB, this is the 3rd time I get it now. I unplugged and replug the CAI temp sensor but still got the same code.

I got the code when I was driving from NC to Florida. Like 20mins away from home. Deleted the code.

Didnít come up until a week. It came up right after starting the engine. After a 10min drive. Deleted again.

And came back today. Right after starting the engine. After a 10min drive

What could it be? Iím running map 1.

I live in Florida temp is 92 deg

Engine log on next post.
Don't know on that, has to be intake related I'd think since it's an intake temp sensor fault. Photo of the manifold added?

Burger Motorsports